Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    No, you're factually wrong because you think your opinion trumps the reality that I'm living.
    You said it: The reality you're living. Ergo, anecdotal, subjective and not applicable to me, because I'm not experiencing what you are, at all.

I'm sorry buddy, but your view isn't fact, however hard you attempt to present it that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Ohhh.... So could Timegating stop people from being (somehow) addicted, and to encourage them to play their alts while they wait for the new content to be open?
    Definitely, yes. Especially for people that feel pressured to chase the carrot; forcing themselves to do content they don't enjoy because they think they have to.

I'm guessing this is one of the reasons Torghast is gated. The people I'm referring to would burn themselves out in the first week, just to get their ilvl 235 legendary, otherwise.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2021-01-21 at 02:51 PM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    You said it: The reality you're living. Ergo, anecdotal, subjective and not applicable to me, because I'm not experiencing what you are, at all.

I'm sorry buddy, but your view isn't fact, however hard you attempt to present it that way.
    You're so close to self-awareness, but fall just short. The opinions you hold are factually incorrect when you apply them to me, and you did, so get over getting a response that doesn't mesh with your holy ideas.

You're so close to self-awareness, but fall just short. The opinions you hold are factually incorrect when you apply them to me, and you did, so get over getting a response that doesn't mesh with your holy ideas.
    I never claimed that my opinions apply to anyone other than myself.

Now that we've established this, could you stop attempting to derail the thread? That would be super-duper awesome, thanks.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

I never claimed that my opinions apply to anyone other than myself.

Now that we've established this, could you stop attempting to derail the thread? That would be super-duper awesome, thanks.
    And yet you attempted to discard my opinion on your ideas when I approached them from my experiences, by applying YOURS onto me.

Responding to shit you've been saying is not derailing...
    Don't want opinions and experiences that don't mesh with your own? Get a blog and disable the comment function rather than attempt to gatekeep your threads.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-01-21 at 02:53 PM.

And yet you attempted to discard my opinion on your ideas when I approached them from my experiences, by applying YOURS onto me.
    I did? Where? Maybe you misunderstood me.

Didn't I already say that I welcome all comments? Even bitter bile. I'm quite sure I did.

I did? Where? Maybe you misunderstood me.

Didn't I already say that I welcome all comments? Even bitter bile. I'm quite sure I did.
    Did you already forget the convo we had about my burnout and the game designs that fueled it? Or what I said about the fact that if Covid had happened during WoD I could still keep raiding whereas in SL it's just not possible?

Yeah. Your "Ackchyually"-approach seems to be opportunist rather than grounded in what is being debated. Game design can very much mess with how a player can keep interacting with the game despite said gamer's approach not having changed at all, it's not all just "artificially applied" by other players.

We're done here, I don't take kindly to having to repeat the obvious ad nauseam, nor do I care for full-of-themselves strangers to tell me that my experiences are wrong because they feel differently.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-01-21 at 03:05 PM.

Did you already forget the convo we had about my burnout and the game designs that fueled it? Or what I said about the fact that if Covid had happened during WoD I could still keep raiding whereas in SL it's just not possible?

Yeah. Your "Ackchyually"-approach seems to be opportunist rather than grounded in what is being debated.
    Oh, sure. I remember that. I shared my view on the matter and my view is that you burnt yourself out, by consuming the content the way you did. I never suggested you should apply my opinion on yourself; that's your doing again. I couldn't give a rat's ass about what you do with my opinion; reflect upon it, discard it, it's all the same to me.

Feel free to disagree though.
    We're done here
    I'm sorry you feel this way. Goodbye, I guess.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2021-01-21 at 03:07 PM.

How to make old content relevant
    Old content = old game. How many more times do you want to play an old game that you have already played multiple times? We need new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Old content = old game. How many more times do you want to play an old game that you have already played multiple times? We need new content.
    The answer is pretty simple: As many times as I find enjoyable. Besides, a lot of "old content" would be pretty new to relatively 'young' players.

The answer is pretty simple: As many times as I find enjoyable. Besides, a lot of "old content" would be pretty new to relatively 'young' players.
    So would new content - you keep ignoring everything everyone is saying to you - you say you are open to opinions and discussion, but every single person who has disagreed with you and shown you WHY it isnt feasible, you shout them down with thinly veiled and childish insults. This is not how you engage in a healthy discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So would new content
    I know. Which is why I said I would prefer brand new content if I had to choose.

If you guys would stop being outraged, you might actually understand the conversation. Anger obfuscates rational thought, you know.

I know. Which is why I said I would prefer brand new content if I had to choose.

If you guys would stop being outraged, you might actually understand the conversation. Anger obfuscates rational thought, you know.
    No one is angry, at least i certainly am not. Some just dont like or agree with your idea.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-01-22 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    No one is angry, at least i certainly am not. Some just dont like or agree with your idea.
    You could've fooled me

Disagreeing is perfectly fine!

All i got from this was basically.

''Since more than you know actually do Normal Mythics. Let's have everyone do that for old content too!''

**** no, normal mythics gets boring af quick, imagine if everyone had to run Bastion of Twilight everytime they returned to the game and couldn't one shot everything anymore like they used to for years.

What a terrible idea.

Hey guys, I was chatting with a friend about how we thought it was a shame that Wow has a lot of virtually unused content just 'laying around' and I had this idea which we both found very appealing:

What if Blizzard would split old raids into dungeon-sized wings and turn those wings into full-fledged mythics? Wouldn't that be an amazing way of breathing new life into old content? It would requirer a bit of tuning and if possible a wee 'face lift', but in the end we'd have content that has proven to be great in a smaller form factor! It could also mean the return of dungeon sets (the respective tier sets without the set bonus, of course) and we'd have an influx of content that's fun for the nostalgic player and the new players.

What do you guys think?
    Not a fan of the idea.

I cannot imagine ever wanting them spending time to regurgitate old content that is sure to be buggy over new stuff. The old models, layouts, mechanics, all of it I'm fine just being done with.

Just be happy with timewalking. IMO there is zero chance they will recycle raids for mythic+ ... just so many problems with the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    All i got from this was basically.

''Since more than you know actually do Normal Mythics. Let's have everyone do that for old content too!''

**** no, normal mythics gets boring af quick, imagine if everyone had to run Bastion of Twilight everytime they returned to the game and couldn't one shot everything anymore like they used to for years.

What a terrible idea.
    I just don't get why some of you feel you have to do stuff, if you don't like it. Neither do I get your BoT example; why would you have to do it every time?

Just to quickly throw my hat into the ring here.

Old content will never be truly relevant as long as flying exists. If flying is removed then Blizzard could safely reintroduce whatever elements into old content to make it relevant. Things like still having to mine Mythril for a jewel rafting setting, or having to find black lotus for the new cauldron.

If flying exists then the idea of making the content relevant would already fail in the first hurdle.

Secondly you would need to remake the world with stuff we have now in Shadowlands like unique teleporters or interesting movement opportunities that reward exploration.

As for old instances content the only way to make it relevant near constantly is add upgrades that do not impact player power. Furniture for hypothetical player housing is usually mentioned, but crafting reagents is likely the most sustainable way to go about it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Old content will never be truly relevant as long as flying exists. If flying is removed then Blizzard could safely reintroduce whatever elements into old content to make it relevant. Things like still having to mine Mythril for a jewel rafting setting, or having to find black lotus for the new cauldron.
    BfA used old content and had flying. Flying has no bearing on making old content relevant again. Old materials from professions will never be relevant in the current game because Blizzard actively decided to make professions self contained to their expansion. Which is a good thing. There is no reason to ever require an old expansions materials for "relevant" crafting.

Blizzard does include old areas in the "secrets" and other stuff though. So old stuff sometimes have relevance like when people were farming/selling the mask for one of the secrets.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."