Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherling View Post
    Doesn't the self-damage part of SWD have a delay built in (rather than relying on spell batching - I think SWD still breaks CC in retail)? I think a lot of the stuff people are talking about going away are still in the game in retail. Shatter combos should still work unless you don't press ice lance very quickly, it's not like there's no batching at all, it's just reduced.

This says it all. There's not much more annoying as a healer as when you heal a target, the heal "casts" and uses your mana, but the target still dies.
    On retail the spell was reworked to have an artificial delay. On TBC the only delay there is, is that between the batch it was cast and the next batch which returns the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Let that sink in. Then think about why changes happen. I don't play classic (did play vanilla though) but just wanted to hilight this part. Imagine how difficult is must be to get it working EXACTLY like before where you as a developer need to implement artificial limitations for it to be like before. It's like translating from one language to another, it's an art in and of itself to translate without information lose. Language are tied to culture and with different culture comes different understanding of things which in turn need to be accounted for when translating.

I'm not saying it should or should not, I'm simply pointing out that it might be difficult to do.

Also, ty for explaining spell batching you guys!
    Let what sink in mate? I literally copy/pasted the deff off wowhead for those who kept asking what it was.

15+ Year Old Account
    No one wanted batching in the first place, some tipsretard isn't representative of pvt server players, anyone with half a brain knew it would make classic feel sluggish. Can't wait to properly play the game soon. Current form of batching doesn't even feel like 'back then' anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    I know what it is, and I’m honestly surprised they would take it away too. They literally put it in to have that vanilla feel everyone wanted. Not that I really care either way tho
    "everyone wanted"

No, the #NOCHANGES NOCHANGES NOCHANGES crowd wanted it.

Nobody "wants" to play with an artificial 400ms of lag. That's fucking dumb. What next, should we have Blizzard emulate server crashes and multi-day downtimes too? Should they make the game randomly disconnect you if you're in a crowded city? After all, that's how it was back in vanilla, so it should be the same in classic right?

Jesus fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    We fought for this, we demanded #nochanges. We didn't want no god damn vanilla with sprinkles. They just couldn't help themselves...

Horrible. Stop making changes to the game
    You didnt fight at all they saw an easy mark to make more money for minimal work invested, blizzard launch the game they want to launch and changes would of happened if the origional game went on longer anyway, the game was never going to be like vanilla so stop whining about it as it changes nothing.

The game launched in a late vanilla patch so it was never going to be no changes in the first place, if you dont like it dont play it simple as complaining about it does nothing.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-01-22 at 12:27 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    That’s literally not what it is, but ok.
    Except it is, but ok.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    "everyone wanted"

No, the #NOCHANGES NOCHANGES NOCHANGES crowd wanted it.

Nobody "wants" to play with an artificial 400ms of lag. That's fucking dumb. What next, should we have Blizzard emulate server crashes and multi-day downtimes too? Should they make the game randomly disconnect you if you're in a crowded city? After all, that's how it was back in vanilla, so it should be the same in classic right?

Jesus fuck.
    It seems you have no idea what the classic meta is about then. Christ even the tbc meta for pvp then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Except it is, but ok.
    You're showing your ignorance on the subject if you think this is just a flat out high latency for everyone. This literally changes major parts of the game in terms of pvp. And no, it isn't just "high latency"

It seems you have no idea what the classic meta is about then. Christ even the tbc meta for pvp then.
    Nobody wants to play with an artificial 400ms of lag.

Awesome change. As someone who has played arena at a high level extensively both with 400 ms batching (pre-WoD) and 10 ms batching, 10 ms batching is for sure a better experience.
    Yes vanishing/melding stuff will be harder but it's still perfectly doable and I still manage to meld even instants cc with no travel time often enough for it to feel good and rewarding.
    Sw:d still works perfectly fine on retail so that's entirely a non issue.
    The thing that you probably wont see often is gouge on blink, simultaneous polymorphs etc, warriors/shamans getting hit with reflect/grounding up. While gouging a blink for sure is skillful; sitting a cc with reflect up sure does just feel plain horrible and I'd argue that the cons far outweigh the pro's when comparing these interactions.

The game overall will just feel a lot more responsive and fair with 10 ms batching.

I think it's important to remember that there is no single #nochanges rationale. There are some people who wanted to experience Classic that didn't play until TBC or later, some had played and wanted nostalgia, some wanted to get further than they did back when they were noobs.

I'm in that last bucket of hopeless Vanilla noobs who did it better this go-around. So, on the one hand I hate spell batching. On the other hand, I was a NoChanges person because I wanted to avoid a slippery slope of changes. So, keep in mind, it is possible to both be happy about this particular change while also paradoxically being in the nochanges crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Nobody wants to play with an artificial 400ms of lag.
    Again, it’s not artificial lag, it’s increasing the time between periods that the server is updated. These are two completely different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    We fought for this, we demanded #nochanges. We didn't want no god damn vanilla with sprinkles. They just couldn't help themselves...

Horrible. Stop making changes to the game
    Gonna say that there is a 90% chance you don't play classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, it’s not artificial lag, it’s increasing the time between periods that the server is updated. These are two completely different things.
    you're just being dense and obtuse for the sake of it now aren't you?, the whole point of this 'feature' was to simulate what gameplay 'felt' like back in 04/05, it had nothing to do with server side updates, now that all content is finished why are people bothered about things changing?, it's gonna have no real impact on how you play the game and if anything should make it better, but i guess you and others like you are too blinded by your zealous 'WE WANT NO CHANGES!' mantra that you can't see that can you.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    you're just being dense and obtuse for the sake of it now aren't you?, the whole point of this 'feature' was to simulate what gameplay 'felt' like back in 04/05, it had nothing to do with server side updates, now that all content is finished why are people bothered about things changing?, it's gonna have no real impact on how you play the game and if anything should make it better, but i guess you and others like you are too blinded by your zealous 'WE WANT NO CHANGES!' mantra that you can't see that can you.
    Listen, I’m not a no changer, I do not care about this change at all personally. I’m playing devils advocate and explaining to others why someone may be upset by this. Calling spell batching just “artificial” lag, is just moronic. Really high level pvp players use this a lot and have been for a very long time.

Idc if it gets changed, just understand this can be a very bad thing for a lot of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know what it is, and I’m honestly surprised they would take it away too. They literally put it in to have that vanilla feel everyone wanted. Not that I really care either way tho
    Please define 'everyone' because last I checked not everyone did want batching.

Stop crying. They arent removing it. They are reducing it. Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    the whole point of this 'feature' was to simulate what gameplay 'felt' like back in 04/05
    nah, batching was always there until wod where it was drastically reduced

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Let what sink in mate? I literally copy/pasted the deff off wowhead for those who kept asking what it was.
    Yes, you did. My quote wasn't meant as a diss and the "sink in"-part was meant for all of us readers. The fact that we have as much power in our phones (probably more) as servers did when WoW first came to light is amazing and really shows that even if the gameplay, graphic etc isn't that aged, the systems behind are now ancient.

I simply wanted to highlight that part for others. Did say I was thankful for explaining as well
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Spellbatching has always been overtuned.

It's fine that rogues get invulnerability the moment they vanish but it's taking too long.

You can't destroy grounding totem and silence and that's fine but it's taking too long for the destroyed totem to register.

Spellbatching is welcome but it's bugged. It's sad it took them virtually all of classic's lifespan to realise that

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think it will feel a lot better to play. I've had a lot of annoying interactions because of bad spell batching such as casting Lay on Hands, having it go on cooldown, yet still dying because it didn't heal in time.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!