Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The answer is not BM hunter, I guess it's possible, but you'll never get any OP combos, basically you're stacking health and misdirect damage and damage reduction, as well as heal.

Nothing that really synergizes or wows you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by renatompassos View Post
    Someone has clues for Night Fae BM Hunter? I just climbed layer 1 of Twisting Corridors yesterday for the 1st time and the difficulty only started to show in floors 16 and 17, when I need to CC some, pull more carefully (even then died my 5 deaths). Then 18 floor boss one-shotted me with some blast I didn't even see coming lol
    Didn't read any guides or anything, just went in for the fun and the Anduin quest, while taking the usual powers I take in regular Torghast.
    I've only done up thru L6 so far but the keys are as much health as you can get, as much 5% heal as you can get (both of these apply to your pet), and as much misdirect damage and damage reduction as you can get.

3+ Year Old Account
    As Destruction Warlock, if you get the "pet gains 100% increased hp/dmg every floor" anima power on the first floor, you've already won.
    Blood DK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    What is fun in fighting a target dummy for ~2hours? (the last layer took even more) The number of imps that spawn? WTF

Twisting corridors were supposed to be some sort of 'challenge', and they are not (as a warlock). Horrific visions were infinitely harder, even without any masks on.
    The fun is getting to pretend you're big-D DPS god while a platoon of imps spam-firebolts things dead in three seconds and a felguard on 1 million health cleaves through bosses in 30 seconds. If. If. You get the right powers.

It's fun! Fun is subjective. Groups saying "Glad we brought you along warlock!" is fun. Four-manning a layer 7 Twisting and having the tank randomly fuck off on floor 13, and finishing the next 5 four-man-tuned floors with a lock, pally and monk was bloody satisfying last night.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskla View Post
    As Destruction Warlock, if you get the "pet gains 100% increased hp/dmg every floor" anima power on the first floor, you've already won.
    Demo's the same. Felguard of doom.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

1mil+ crit Condemns usable at any % that also knockdown for .5 seconds with no DR while having a Die by the Sword up with a 24 sec CD and 5 minute duration.

Warlock is one of the best not because it has ridiculously OP damage or anything, but because it's ridiculously consistent. You'll basically always be great, even with terrible RNG. Some other specs have amazing highs but also deep lows; Warlock never has to try, they will always walk through TC8 like it's casual content.

Balance Druid is also quite strong, because the likelihood of getting something great is very high. Also their clearing speed is quite fast, thanks to just turning on Starfall and pulling the entire floor being an actual viable thing to do in a lot of setups. The right combos of Convoke powers also make them do STUPID amounts of burst damage against bosses.

There's a few really insane gimmick setups like the Vengeance DH perma Immolation Aura build, but those are RNG spikes.

Frost mage with unbreakabl nova and nova cdr can handle trash pretty well. Unbreakable nova also works on bosses (lulz).

But generally I don't have any problems with clearing torghast as frost mage solo (including full corridors and any top floors) with any talents RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    DKs of all stripes are absolutely insane. Between the quadratic scaling of the chains build coupled with the lichborne build you do insane damage while being unkillable. 10/10 love Torghast on a DK.
    Hi,

iam from germany and read your post.

Iam not the best DK player so can you please give me a hint how your build is working ?

After normal Thorgast Level 5 i get problems

Thx for your help and stay safe.

Best regards,

Uwe

Something absolutely OP I found on the Beasts of Torghast week.

Pick the power that makes your beast continuously lose health while in combat in exchange for damage buff. You'll think it will be bad but wait for it.
    Then you pick the power that makes your beast's healing also apply to you.
    For another, I also had a power that made my beast have 200% more health.

When the beast dies very fast in combat against a boss or a rare, it goes into a downed state... and starts healing rapidly to full. And yup, that healing applies to you. With the buffed health, I was healing so fast, I was basically invincible against the final boss.

Shadow priest with an early death harvester, painbreaker and some painwheel stacks was looking like a really fun and well scaling combo for the corridors, but they broke it just before TC were released. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by renatompassos View Post
    Someone has clues for Night Fae BM Hunter? I just climbed layer 1 of Twisting Corridors yesterday for the 1st time and the difficulty only started to show in floors 16 and 17, when I need to CC some, pull more carefully (even then died my 5 deaths). Then 18 floor boss one-shotted me with some blast I didn't even see coming lol
    Didn't read any guides or anything, just went in for the fun and the Anduin quest, while taking the usual powers I take in regular Torghast.
    Can’t really say for BM as I have been playing MM; however, I can say to learn what bosses look like. You can see which one is coming up next from the hologram next to the vendor. If it’s a caster, just duck out. For some reason the AoE spam they do goes thru Turtle, so even with it up you’re just taking 30% reduced damage from the boss spamming it over and over. The only real counter is if you manage to have 3 x Blood Leech APs, the rare one I’ve only seen once that gives 15% Leech, and a lot of health upgrades. The trap build is really good I’ve noticed for anything not casters. Tar Trap radius increased by 100% with 3 x trap slows basically makes all mobs (including bosses) immobile, which gives you plenty of time to kite and Rez your pet if it dies.
    Other than that, anything that increases damage (minus the Eyes of the Beast one), and possibly the MD that reduces pet damage.

As for the topic, from what I’ve heard most tank specs are OP. Blood DK seems a little slow, but has a lot of things that make it fun, such as summoning a horseman, using enemy weapons from death grip, and Death Coil causing enemies to spawn a skeleton to fight for you if they die while under the debuff it puts on them. Getting 2 of the Abom Limb increased by 1 second for every rune spent with some haste basically makes it have 100% uptime and is a lot of fun.
    Arcane Mages seem to get incredibly OP. Same with Warlocks.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2021-01-23 at 12:06 AM.

I still have practically no idea what any of the bosses abilities are because of convoke, so that's my answer I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    I still have practically no idea what any of the bosses abilities are because of convoke, so that's my answer I guess.
    I know exactly 4 bosses: The charge boss and the two slimes, one multiplies and one steals you anima powers and the rock boss with the large frontal AoE. But the rest is "interrupt anything they to, purge them, don't stand in shit". And let you felguard to the work.

And I only know them because of my non WL alts.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2021-01-23 at 12:32 AM.

I dunno, with feral I did Layer 8 (normal, not twisted corridors) without any problems the day it was unlocked.

BUT ... I am finaly glad I can rest and not enter Twisted Corridors anymore with my main (ROGUE)

LE: ilvl 200, PVP gear

GL HF
    Last edited by Kel_Sceptic; 2021-01-24 at 09:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    100% uptime on 100% parry and knockdown on every Condemn/Execute hit (spammable regardless of the enemy hp) that crits for 1mil every GCD while you cleave the shit out of everything.

I laughed all the way through Twisting Corridors layer 8 while collecting my mount pieces.
    Arms warrior FTW.
    Last edited by Strawberry; 2021-01-25 at 12:11 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am breezing through them with my holy priest, resto druid, prot paladin, and DK when he goes blood instead of his usual frost. With my druid, the entagnling roots that does damage while they are rooted is a set-it-and-forget-it totally OP power. I have rooted bosses and done nothing else but watch their health tick down to nothing. Root doesn't put you in combat with them unless you get too close and their HP doesn't go back to full once the root is over.

Prot Warrior, 28m Revenge hit once