The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least the NFC North is never boring.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Steelers collecting trash QBs, they are going to sign Haskins.

Maybe they can take Drew Lock if Big Ben decides to retire too.
    If Haskins is given a chance to maybe sit behind Ben for a year and learn on a team that wants him there, maybe he can salvage his career as a starter. If it doesn’t work, it’s not like they’ve invested a first round pick in him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    If Haskins is given a chance to maybe sit behind Ben for a year and learn on a team that wants him there, maybe he can salvage his career as a starter. If it doesn’t work, it’s not like they’ve invested a first round pick in him.
    He's going to need to learn how not to be an asshole first. That's what got him ran out of DC more than anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe with these Saints people getting hired away we can trade some people to them and cut down on the cap overflow.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Rumor is the cap is gonna drop to about 180m too. First time I can remember it dropping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Rumor is the cap is gonna drop to about 180m too. First time I can remember it dropping.
    I still don't buy it. They will find some way to keep it stable at worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I still don't buy it. They will find some way to keep it stable at worst.
    Overthecap has it about 177m. Historically, they are pretty damn accurate. Most cap analysts I see retweeted agree it will drop this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll give the Packers credit for one thing. They are abusing the hell out of COVID practice squad rules this postseason. Now they're bringing back Tramon Williams from the Ravens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    First time I can remember it dropping.
    Did it drop with the new CBA in 2011? or just not grow? it's one of the two that year, I think. That was also the start of a few years where Cap rose slowly.

We've been here before, that's for sure, and I don't see the cap going much beyond OverTheCap's projections.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Did it drop with the new CBA in 2011? or just not grow? it's one of the two that year, I think. That was also the start of a few years where Cap rose slowly.

We've been here before, that's for sure, and I don't see the cap going much beyond OverTheCap's projections.
    They had that weird "uncapped" year before the new CBA when they punished Washington and Dallas for being too "uncapped".
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Well to nobody's surprise Mahomes is out of the concussion protocol. Now the only question is is he really better or fake better, which I guess we'll find out Sunday.

Well to nobody's surprise Mahomes is out of the concussion protocol. Now the only question is is he really better or fake better, which I guess we'll find out Sunday.
    I hope he is healthy for real. The league is better with good qb play. That is coming from a guy who likes good defense, and a Bills fan.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

As an Indian-American, surprised to see the first Coordinator of Indian descent hired in the NFL, Sean Desai, who will be the Bears' new DC.

Edit: Of course, in spite of him being an NFL coach, he has a Doctorate from Temple University.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

I am not sure, that CBA year was messed up. This one went way smoother surprisingly.

I honestly don't think he was ever concussed. If he truly was, then he'd be still in protocol. Concussions are usually 1 week out at least. Could see him having a stinger the way his arm was limp when he got up.

The Houston Texans have interviewed former NFL QB Josh McCown for their head coach vacancy. McCown's only coaching experience is 2 years as the quarterbacks coach of his sons' high school football team.

From high school QB coach to NFL head coach, that's quite a step up. What in the fuck are the Texans thinking? I know they're most likely not going to hire him, but the fact that they are even considering it speaks volumes about where that franchise is headed. Deshaun Watson and JJ Watt need to get the hell out of there.

It looked like Mahomes took more of a hit to his neck than anything head related, but only the doctor(s) that examined him would know for sure what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    The Houston Texans have interviewed former NFL QB Josh McCown for their head coach vacancy. McCown's only coaching experience is 2 years as the quarterbacks coach of his sons' high school football team.

From high school QB coach to NFL head coach, that's quite a step up. What in the fuck are the Texans thinking? I know they're most likely not going to hire him, but the fact that they are even considering it speaks volumes about where that franchise is headed. Deshaun Watson and JJ Watt need to get the hell out of there.
    I very highly doubt he is an actual HC candidate. Sometimes teams interview people they might be interested in for other positions while they are already doing interviews (almost every position coach that gets interviewed). He has been basically an assistant QB coach while playing, so he falls into that group. Only reason this even came up is a combination of it being Josh McCown and the dumb media making it a big deal that Bieniemy hasn't been hired despite all of the reasons not to hire him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    It looked like Mahomes took more of a hit to his neck than anything head related, but only the doctor(s) that examined him would know for sure what happened.

I very highly doubt he is an actual HC candidate. Sometimes teams interview people they might be interested in for other positions while they are already doing interviews (almost every position coach that gets interviewed). He has been basically an assistant QB coach while playing, so he falls into that group. Only reason this even came up is a combination of it being Josh McCown and the dumb media making it a big deal that Bieniemy hasn't been hired despite all of the reasons not to hire him.
    Well they're certainly taking due dilligence a bit too far. If they're scraping so low as to interview McCown, how many coaches have they already had reject them?

Though honestly he should be getting NFL looks, at least as a QB Coach or OC to an Offensive Head Coach.

Well they're certainly taking due dilligence a bit too far. If they're scraping so low as to interview McCown, how many coaches have they already had reject them?

Though honestly he should be getting NFL looks, at least as a QB Coach or OC to an Offensive Head Coach.
    He is currently on the Texan's roster as a player, so it isn't really scraping that low when you consider how easy it would be to take a little bit of time to interview him. Especially if they want him as a QB coach.

That organization also gave football oriented control to a religious nutjob, so I guess anything is possible.

Rumor is (in Buffalo) that Leslie Frazer, our DC, is one of the top contenders for the Houston job. It would suck to lose him, but more of a thing we can absorb than losing Daboll. Leslie's been an HC before and probably deserves another chance. I don't remember his tenure with the Vikings that much, but iirc, it wasn't so bad.

As for the McCown thing, the NBA and MLB do this a lot: when a player shows promise as a coach (which apparently McCown does), they hire him and surround him by a lot of old vets to hold his hand through the process. I mean, isn't that how Steve Kerr became coach in the NBA?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think frazer was the ponder years and they weren’t inspiring. They were carried by APs 2k year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.