Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If he dies, he dies. Maybe he learn.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

The healer is in control of the party. You are in control, so do what you need to do.

It's not like DPS are ever just going to stand around and not dps because they are waiting for cooldowns.

The tank isn't just going sit around twiddling their thumbs just because.

Sit down, drink. If they die, that's their fault, not yours.

The healer is the only member that has direct control over the pace because the only resource that can run out is healer mana. The desire to be speedy is not a reason for the tank to think they can control the pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Let them die so you ruin the key and your loot is reduced by 50% (assuming people don't just leave the dungeon). Good plan!

Just stop pugging with them if they don't listen
    how is wiping the group and runing from entrance/spawn better than letting tank die?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I've got a WeakAura that automatically sends a message to the party when I drop below 30% mana
    Hey, can you link this WA? I need it so I can make sure that I automatically put any player who uses it on my ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Let them die.

That's what I do, I just sit down to drink and watch them slowly get crushed by mobs they pulled without even considering how your mana is.

I've had tanks pull boss at 15% mana....
    To be fair tanks have lots of responsibilities, including making efficient pulls. A tank missing to check a healers mana is expected since they also need to keep pulling to make it in time.

Which is why players in a group should help each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    To be fair tanks have lots of responsibilities, including making efficient pulls. A tank missing to check a healers mana is expected since they also need to keep pulling to make it in time.

They don’t need to directly check but they should take a quick look at the chat after each pull, it literally requires 1 second and it can save runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Penduliar View Post
    If i tank i have healer on /focus bcs of that. As a healer you can macro a /y Drinking to /use food. Dunno
    How do you use focus interrupts then? Or focus stuns? Or focus CC in general?

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    They don’t need to directly check but they should take a quick look at the chat after each pull, it literally requires 1 second and it can save runs.
    Missing to check chat is the same as missing to check mana. However, missing to check is human. Everyone does it, even top players sometimes miss to do X.

Missing to check chat is the same as missing to check mana. However, missing to check is human. Everyone does it, even top players sometimes miss to do X.
    Yes, missing to check is human but apart from yelling in chat, unless we are all forced by the game to join and use a voice chat in dungeons, there’s not much more a healer can do to tell the others he needs to rec.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Yes, missing to check is human but apart from yelling in chat, unless we are all forced by the game to join and use a voice chat in dungeons, there’s not much more a healer can do to tell the others he needs to rec.
    Never claimed such, I simply gave a response to "I've seen tanks pull at 15%" after he explained he just sit down to drink... nothing in that post gave any information about them conveying what they were gonna do. Which means I took it as if they didn't.

I rarely see a healer running out of mana in above 10 keys. Maybe after extensive pull, but it either happens after the pride or the pull ends with a pride. I am doing 16s now, so can't say what goes on above that.
    If you run out of mana it's either you or your party fucking up most of the time if chainpulling does not even let you to sit for 10% mana. Besides spiteful and bursting affixes that is because those shits might stop you from eating.

You let them die. And should you ever get into tanking, before you consider making a thread called "how to i stop dps from pulling?", remember that the answer is once again to let them die.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Sadly, Blizzard decided that Mistweaver should be the only healer with severe mana issues, so there's not much I can do.
    Being a MW changes things. If you are needing to drink as much as you say you do then what you should be doing is rolling ahead of the group (but not pull next group) and as soon as combat ends start drinking. By the time the tank / group reaches you you'll have gotten a couple of ticks of water in. Rinse and repeat each pull and you shouldn't be having any mana issues at all.

Even as a MW you should be looking at why you are running low on mana. Are you using Mana Potions? Are you dashing ahead of the group so you can drink? You shouldn't always be in the back and getting to the next group slowly. You have movement abilities for a reason and can utilize them in your favor to speed ahead.

Also, no matter what you'll always have a couple seconds to drink each pack. You don't have to immediately start healing before they pull. Even if you were to stay close to the group you can still squeeze in a tick or two of drinking before you need to start healing.

A lot of it is how you are playing / actions taken that could be rectified on a personal level instead of relying on the tank to stop and wait constantly. With that said, there are still times the tank could stop and let you get more mana, but a lot of it is personal reliance. Being at 30% mana is enough for several pulls so having a Weak Aura spam that isn't doing much good and if tanks / group notices that is when it auto hits will start to ignore it. Now if you were dropping to say 10% or something it'd be a bit different.

Overall you are doing group content and each player has personal responsibilities they must perform for the group. A healer's responsibility is making sure they keep the group up, managing mana responsibly and not slowing down the group. While you don't mention downtime in your post the assumption can be made based on your posts that you are having constant downtime otherwise this wouldn't be an issue. If it was something that happened once or twice the group would be fine as tanks have cooldowns and the group can use whatever stuns / slows they have. Some tanks will even see your mana is low an intentionally do a small pull so you can catch up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    "WoW is better with friends."
    These days every game is being released as "Better with friends". Which usually means you grind or buy lootboxes!
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Take what I say with a grain of salt, since when I last was a "serious" dungeon healer, mythic+ wasn't a thing (Challenge mode was, but whatever). I would always type "Mana" or some variation of that in chat. If they pull a pack and say "sorry, didn't see that message before pulling" or something long those lines, I would drink until I had a sufficient enough amount of mana and then chase after them. If they ignored me and kept pulling, I would drink until I was 100% mana and then catch up as best as I could.

All I ask from my tanks - Holy Priest who pugs 14/15 (yeah I'm a masochist) - is 2 seconds out of combat. That's it, give me that and you can go on. I'll sit for 5 to 7 seconds, recoup a bit and catch up on him. If there's a big pull ahead and I'm low-ish, I'll skimp with DPS and do the bare minimum to keep the group alive to at least hold on to what I have.

As someone said in the thread, I've had runs where I basically forget about mana and I can actually start doing DPS and runs where I have to blow half of my CD's on the first few pulls and then the tank turns out to be a wet cardboard box.

Nah. I main a Guardian druid, always keep an eye on healer mana. It's fine if the tank pulls a pack once when healer mana is low because he wasn't attentive. But there are tanks that will never stop and just chain pull everything. Some even pull while you are still rezing dead DPS.

Edit: and this week is bad for drinking as you'll most likely be in combat even if the add is not on you. Not much you can do about it.

Is it wiping the group? It sounds like you are getting through it alive still, so it's all okay. Why need 60-70+% mana when 30% still keeps the group alive? You do what you can with what you have instead of slowing the group. Dps players don't just stop running without their dps cooldowns or resources up. Tanks don't stop pulling even if defensive cds are down.
    If group waits for you to drink you're playing wrong

Quote Originally Posted by des1235 View Post
    Try to position yourself in such a way that you can start drinking as soon as you're out of combat. When that happens, sit and drink immediately. If you're well positioned, your tank is running to the next mob to pull and cannot take damage for a few seconds yet while you drink. You probably won't top yourself off to full, but you'll get half or so mana back before they get below 80% health. Then you repeat this process. If you have a good tank they expect this and will know to pop cds while you're drinking.
    Thats what ive been doing when im healing (ive been healing like 0.0001% of my wow life) but this "tactic" works very well.