View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Something I predicted a long, long time ago. Customs would be handed through to the customer and the EU won't be paying to sell into the UK, it'll hit UK customers hardest. Something many here never understood about customs.

Of course, EU customers are also rejecting UK products, but the damage is limited since we have 26 other countries to choose from.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1791148.html
    Britain’s online shoppers have expressed their dismay after been hit with unexpectedly high post-Brexit charges on items ordered from countries in the EU.

Consumers have been asked to pay up to one-third extra in customs duties, VAT and additional delivery charges once they arrive in the UK.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Sorry - got into a muddle and deleted my first response.

Basically, I think we have to be very, very careful here not to politicise Covid.

I may not trust BJ and co., I do however trust bodies such as MHRA, NICE etc.

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4759

Usually, the UK would wait for the European Medicines Agency to approve a vaccine before looking to distribute it, but in an emergency EU countries are allowed to use their own regulator to issue temporary authorisation. In October the government made changes to the Human Medicines Regulations 2012 to allow the MHRA to grant temporary authorisation of a covid-19 vaccine without needing to wait for the EMA.2

Though some MPs have suggested that this approval process has been made possible only because the UK is leaving the European Union, Salisbury said that is not true. The MHRA acted in line with EU regulations, and any other EU country could have done the same, he said.

Stephen Evans, professor of pharmacoepidemiology at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, has said that still being in the transition period may have helped speed up the approval because UK staff have not had to assess new vaccines or drugs intended for the whole EU for the past 18 months, allowing them to focus on the UK authorisation.

However, this will change from 1 January 2021 when the MHRA will become responsible for handling all applications for new drugs and vaccines to be authorised in the UK.
    I'm glad you trust our MHRA. Me too, most of the world does also.

However in a direct example of how the EU have failed, the Irish recently tried to acquire some of the Oxford vaccine which the British were more than willing to supply so that the Irish could enjoy vaccination rates per million in the same order as the UK. The EU said no you are not allowed to do that you must wait for EU approval and as a result some people there will not survive this pandemic.

An absolute tragedy that lies only at the EU door. Whether that strengthens or weakens EU harmony in future remains to be seen. And what did project fear remainers once say?

Brexit means coronavirus vaccine will be slower to reach the UK

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-ema-expensive

Oh how wrong can you be.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

are the fish still happy when they are rotting at the border?

Who cares about fish...

https://www.loudersound.com/news/led...tish-musicians
    Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Queen, The Who members attack British government over EU deal which has ‘shamefully failed’ British musicians
    [...]
    Robert Plant, Roger Waters, Brian May and Roger Daltrey have co-signed an open letter attacking the British government’s “negotiating failure” in Brexit talks with the EU, as anger mounts over revelations that the UK rejected a visa-free touring plan for musicians and their crew offered by the EU.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post

However in a direct example of how the EU have failed, the Irish recently tried to acquire some of the Oxford vaccine which the British were more than willing to supply so that the Irish could enjoy vaccination rates per million in the same order as the UK. The EU said no you are not allowed to do that you must wait for EU approval and as a result some people there will not survive this pandemic.

An absolute tragedy that lies only at the EU door. Whether that strengthens or weakens EU harmony in future remains to be seen. And what did project fear remainers once say?

Oh how wrong can you be.
    Yet Hungary approved the Russian vaccine. Explain how that is possible, considering they’re in the EU.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Yet Hungary approved the Russian vaccine. Explain how that is possible, considering they’re in the EU.
    If only the EU had a united voice hey? Good for Hungary and you are right in the breaking news that another EU country asserts its sovereign authority when in its first global pandemic the EU has been found wanting.

However the Irish story remains true and it still remains the case that...

Brussels block Dublin from buying Oxford vaccine.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/healt...rexit-19672792

I wonder if the EU dare penalise Hungary for breaking the rules? Perhaps eurochums you'd all be better off doing a Brexit.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    They are risking a clash with the EU over that as well. The approval process in the EMA is still ongoing.

If only the EU had a united voice hey? Good for Hungary and you are right in the breaking news that another EU country asserts its sovereign authority when in its first global pandemic the EU has been found wanting.

I wonder if the EU dare penalise Hungary for breaking the rules? Perhaps eurochums you'd all be better off doing a Brexit.
    No one wants the current shitshow brexit is. And while the EU preferes unity, there’s not alot the EU will do, if Ireland goes solo on a vaccine.

Sooo the EU can’t prevent them from doing it.

Your “lol the EU causes covid deaths vis countries cant get their own vaccines!” Is irrelevant.

You’re desperate tho huh? 350million for nhs was a lie and your exports are going to shits, what left? Uhm uhm covid vaccines! Cus talking deaths would suck right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    They are risking a clash with the EU over that as well. The approval process in the EMA is still ongoing.
    It wont accomplish anything tbh. Poland and Hungary has shown that the EU will be dissapointed and thats about it.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2021-01-22 at 04:15 PM.

And what did project fear remainers once say?

Oh how wrong can you be.
    - In the aftermath of Brexit, of course there will be examples where both sides were proven wrong. If you’ve followed these threads since 2016 you will know that I have no issue accepting criticism.

- This is the first article you’ve linked of that type vs the countless articles Remainers have linked highlighting the exact opposite.

- Well done. Now link another one and continue trying to convince me that Brexit is a good thing.

I’ll give you a piece of ‘good’ news for free:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55757930 Nissan commits to keep making cars in Sunderland

However, note that the commitment is a direct result of the trade deal. Also note, that Nissan aren’t confirming this will mean additional jobs. In short: maintaining the status quo.

Where’s the Brexit dividend, huh?

You move goalposts faster than a cup shuffler.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

AstraZeneca?

Because that company has already told they cannot even deliver what was ordered by the EU on schedule before even having their vaccine approved

Not sure why you assume they would be able to deliver special extra orders to the Irish anyhow

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    AstraZeneca?

Because that company has already told they cannot even deliver what was ordered by the EU on schedule before even having their vaccine approved

Not sure why you assume they would be able to deliver special extra orders to the Irish anyhow
    Dribbles in a nutshell. Astrazeneca have more people employeed in Sweden (OMG AN EU COUNTRY) than they do in the UK, and is the result of a merge between a swedish and british company.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I love all those import taxes articles popping up everywhere, starting from people refusing to pay and thus returning the product to manufacturers thinking about just destroying the merchandise instead of returning it.
    Though, to be fair, a lot can be attributed to the average citizen (everywhere) being... not exactly bright/infomed (choose what you prefer).
    Nope. Not allowing that. That excuse is overruled by million and million attempts to point out that exactly THIS is what would happen if they voted Brexit. They were warned. Multiple times, in varying speeds and AT LENGTH about the consequences. They have NOONE to blame but themselves.

They made an INFORMED decision and acted stupid. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

What's amazing is how the normal population in the UK isn't bitchslapping the retards up and down their village roads until they learn to use their brain.

7+ Year Old Account
    - In the aftermath of Brexit, of course there will be examples where both sides were proven wrong. If you’ve followed these threads since 2016 you will know that I have no issue accepting criticism.

- This is the first article you’ve linked of that type vs the countless articles Remainers have linked highlighting the exact opposite.

- Well done. Now link another one and continue trying to convince me that Brexit is a good thing.

I’ll give you a piece of ‘good’ news for free:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55757930 Nissan commits to keep making cars in Sunderland

However, note that the commitment is a direct result of the trade deal. Also note, that Nissan aren’t confirming this will mean additional jobs. In short: maintaining the status quo.

Where’s the Brexit dividend, huh?
    Come come Nigel, this forum is over represented by #FBPE extremist remainers so of course there are going to be more anti-Brexit anti-British nation bashing links posted. Surely you don't wonder why that is for it is you and your lot who are to blame, most British people will never post here having been driven away.

Whenever a new brave soul pops up with even the slightest hint that they support, like millions of Britons, Brexit the remain mob gang up and report them for trolling and effectively give them a virtual kicking.

It's probably why more than half the British market this forum could attract feel excluded and don't bother with this place. A classic example happened during my recent little holiday off of here. It's quite shameful really how you are allowed to get away with it.

And don't give me that BS about remainers being accepting of criticism, it has to be force fed to you by brexiteers like an EU goose being prepared for Fois Gras.

Come come Nigel, this forum is over represented by #FBPE extremist remainers so of course there are going to be more anti-Brexit anti-British nation bashing links posted. Surely you don't wonder why that is for it is you and your lot who are to blame, most British people will never post here having been driven away.

Whenever a new brave soul pops up with even the slightest hint that they support, like millions of Britons, Brexit the remain mob gang up and report them for trolling and effectively give them a virtual kicking.

It's probably why more than half the British market this forum could attract feel excluded and don't bother with this place. A classic example happened during my recent little holiday off of here. It's quite shameful really how you are allowed to get away with it.

And don't give me that BS about remainers being accepting of criticism, it has to be force fed to you by brexiteers like an EU goose being prepared for Fois Gras.
    I'm British. It's amusing that your definition appears to exclude anyone that hasn't drunk enough of the Brexit kool-aid to ignore what a disaster it's been. And if it feels hostile here to people like you, then that's purely because reality feels hostile to you and your beliefs. We just report the Brexit facts; that you feel like that's an attack is an indictment of Brexit itself.

Brexit is your fault. The negative outcomes of Brexit are your fault. Every time you come here, we will remind you of that, and give details of what those negative outcomes are. If you continue to ignore reality, that will continue to feel like an attack on your personally. And you know what? It should.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Nope. Not allowing that. That excuse is overruled by million and million attempts to point out that exactly THIS is what would happen if they voted Brexit. They were warned. Multiple times, in varying speeds and AT LENGTH about the consequences. They have NOONE to blame but themselves.

They made an INFORMED decision and acted stupid. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

What's amazing is how the normal population in the UK isn't bitchslapping the retards up and down their village roads until they learn to use their brain.
    Please do not forget that this impacts EU as well, though. Economies of scale are different, but impact is still there.
    P.S.
    One more reason why I believe import taxes for the average citizen buying household goods should not happen/their limits should be moved way upwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

lol You’re butthurt because you were banned for lying.

If you want to debate Brexit and its aftermath, I don’t see why you can’t do so in a way that isn’t quite as insincere as you currently do.

Sircaw trotted into the thread posting baseless accusations of posters “dogpiling on the UK” when that has never been the case. He kept on repeating the accusations without backing them up.

You know what the problem is? There are no Leavers in this thread honest enough to say: I accept that, certainly in the short term, Brexit is going to have a negative effect on the economy, mutilateralism, collaboration etc. but I don’t care because muh soverignty. Longer term: no one knows.

One of the few posters who did was Teleros, who came right out and said that people dying would be an acceptable trade off to dispose of the, what, >5% but <60% of UK law derived from EU law. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi...endum-36473105

I dislike Teleros’ nationalist politics but at least it was possible to actually debate with the poster.

You don’t want to debate. You’re here simply to wind people under the misguided idea that we’re all #FBPE. I mean what the fuck? I started off a sceptical Remainer, for Christs sake. Even now I’m hardly #FBPE.

And the fundamental reason there are few Leavers in this thread is, as you well know, because the forum is primarily dedicated to computer gaming, attracting a younger demographic, the majority of whom voted Remain.

So, again:

Last edited by LeGin Tufnel; 2021-01-23 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Please do not forget that this impacts EU as well, though. Economies of scale are different, but impact is still there.
    P.S.
    One more reason why I believe import taxes for the average citizen buying household goods should not happen/their limits should be moved way upwards.
    The impact on the EU is almost negligible. I typically ask a simple question in these scenarios: How many German house appliances do you have? Bosch, Siemens.. one of those? How many UK brands do you even know, how many UK manufactured items do you have in your household?

With food it's even more crass... cos we don't really care where our fish comes from. And we have plenty of fish. Why would I ever buy fish from the UK and pay customs for it when I can get the same quality fish from Norway? Whereas UK fishermen really only have two options: Sell domestically, sell to the EU.

But, this has been explained over and over again, so I won't elaborate too much on this. We can see the result and that's that. EU customers are choosing not to buy from the UK anymore. It's as simple as that.

If a fellow remainer told you piss was lemonade you'd not only drink it but herald it as the peak of britishness and UK quality. Such is the extent of your clutish worshiping of brexit.

I'm an American with british ancestry. I love the UK and even considered moving there. No more. None of that matters except to undermine your bullshit attempts at personal attacks or claims of anti britishness because facts speak for themselves. and the facts say that for me as an American who won't have to suffer the stupidity of brexit you are already suffering the consequences of your poor choices. And you refuse to acknowledge any downside or negative is absolutely insane.

You are an extremist. It's funny you try and call others the same.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-01-23 at 03:43 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I'm British. It's amusing that your definition appears to exclude anyone that hasn't drunk enough of the Brexit kool-aid to ignore what a disaster it's been. And if it feels hostile here to people like you, then that's purely because reality feels hostile to you and your beliefs. We just report the Brexit facts; that you feel like that's an attack is an indictment of Brexit itself.

Brexit is your fault. The negative outcomes of Brexit are your fault. Every time you come here, we will remind you of that, and give details of what those negative outcomes are. If you continue to ignore reality, that will continue to feel like an attack on your personally. And you know what? It should.
    We don't drink "kool-aid" in Britain whatever that is, but then you would know that if you were British as you claim.

Assuming you are then no, Brexit is your fault. You were on the remain side of the debate responsible for the success or not of that campaign. Any negative outcomes of Brexit if there are any belong to you. Every time you come here and try to remind me of that know that Brexit is your failure to remain in the EU, not mine as I rejoice daily and enjoy the fruits of the referendum and live in the sunny uplands of todays free brexit Britain. Why do you continue to ignore reality, refuse to own your failure and try to deflect it on to wholly innocent brexiteers who are living the dream like me?

If you turn out to be correct, and I along with millions of others turn out to be wrong you know what I will say? It was that Huehues fault, I blame them. They should have tried harder to keep us in the EU.

lol You’re butthurt because you were banned for lying.

If you want to debate Brexit and its aftermath, I don’t see why you can’t do so in a way that isn’t quite as insincere as you currently do.

Sircaw trotted into the thread posting baseless accusations of posters “dogpiling on the UK” when that has never been the case. He kept on repeating the accusations without backing them up.

You know what the problem is? There are no Leavers in this thread honest enough to say: I accept that, certainly in the short term, Brexit is going to have a negative effect on the economy, mutilateralism, collaboration etc. but I don’t care because muh soverignty. Longer term: no one knows.

One of the few posters who did was Teleros, who came right out and said that people dying would be an acceptable trade off to dispose of the, what, >5% but <60% of UK law derived from EU law. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi...endum-36473105

I dislike Teleros’ nationalist politics but at least it was possible to actually debate with the poster.

You don’t want to debate. You’re here simply to wind people under the misguided idea that we’re all #FBPE. I mean what the fuck? I started off a sceptical Remainer, for Christs sake. Even now I’m hardly #FBPE.

And the fundamental reason there are few Leavers in this thread is, as you well know, because the forum is primarily dedicated to computer gaming, attracting a younger demographic, the majority of whom voted Remain.

So, again:

I disagree that the users of this website belong to a younger demographic who with the rise of reddit, discord and the like are probably there. For sure they perhaps arrived once because of WOW, almost a 20 year old game, but that would mean many perhaps the majority here are now banging on the door of 40. We all know that as people age, gain life experience and wisdom they are more likely to support Brexit and I look forward to perhaps 10 years from now Brexiteers from the UK on mmo-c will be in the majority heading towards their 50's as they browse their SAGA brochures and it will be a much more pleasant forum for them to be on. Then you will know what the constant bullying and discrimination brexiteers today here face and feel like today.

Please reflect on that for the future.

You ask for more links of the remain side lies that turned out to be nonsense but there are just too many. In the interests of supporting you on your inevitable personal journey from sceptical remainer, not FBPE as you claim and I accept, to wise brexiteer like me here is a list of more than 20 to start you off.

https://twitter.com/AllianceBE/statu...77994784321537

Enjoy.