Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Less bad to be sold to the americans compared to the other destinations. America wasn't the oldest or even largest buyer of slaves at the time though it was rather more... I hate to use the word humane for it as it doesn't fit... less cruel? Options.

It's why I am always baffled by the utter ignorance of americans when it comes to world history you would think they authored every misery and triumph of the world while being one of the youngest nations.
    It baffles you because your take is bullshit not based in facts, like every other take I've seen of yours. Frankly, I'm baffled as to why you don't start every post with, "I'm baffled..."

As an American, who went to American public school, K-12, we are not taught America is wrong about anything nor did anything terrible. It is all very rah-rah, greatest nation bullshit. Its only after public school, that we use our eyes and ears to see and hear the truth of the awful things we've done as a nation. The ones that don't, vote for Trump.

But please, tell Americans again what we learn or don't learn in our American schools, with precisely fuck all as reference.....that'll be fun.......

Fox News is a depressing reminder of why Biden's term won't be the end of all the horror that happened in Trump's: first it was Carlson, but now the entire network has turned to performative outrage about being called "white supremacists." Which is pretty telling in itself, when someone says "white supremacists are destroying this country," and their response is "No I'm not and that's mean." Just zero self awareness in these people.

Here's hoping Biden's Justice Department can at least clamp down on the crazies before they kill people.

10+ Year Old Account
    More executive orders on tap today.

• 15% boost in school lunches benefit
    • Allow states to boost food stamps
    • Revoke Schedule F, reinstates federal workforce union protections
    • Recommendations to bring federal worker/ contractor min wage to $15/hr

Pretty sad that the GOP actually governs by taking away school lunches or wants to through kids into debtors prison if the cant afford them.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    You have to be an absolute dingus to be influenced by Jimmy Dore and Kyle Kulinski.
    probably because Milshake is bullshitting again and knows damn well that Dore has nothing to with the anarchist movements in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PresidentGreymane View Post
    Pretty sad that the GOP actually governs by taking away school lunches or wants to through kids into debtors prison if the cant afford them.
    It’s because of what has to come next... bitches be losing their tax cut.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Trump isn't president now?
    Biden wasn't president when you started criticizing him so whats your point?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentGreymane View Post
    More executive orders on tap today.

• 15% boost in school lunches benefit
    • Allow states to boost food stamps
    • Revoke Schedule F, reinstates federal workforce union protections
    • Recommendations to bring federal worker/ contractor min wage to $15/hr

Don't forget their solution to keep schools safe is to have armed guards and metal detectors. Funny how they oppose that for themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, I'm pretty fucking comfortable not equivocating on the issue, myself. Slavery is slavery, it's all horrid, and there is no "less cruel" option. It was all barbaric, inhuman, and monstrous.

Which sidesteps the related problem of the fact that the South went to war literally to preserve the institution, but that's getting off topic for this thread.

Yes, we know. Americans are ignorant of US history. Americans are also ignorant of world history. Neither of which is here or there when we're talking about functional Klansmen trying to rewrite US history.

Which again, is why I'm glad folks that seem to think like you aren't in the government and aren't working on our education policies.
    Oh they are just look at red states.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They went from $2k when they take the Senate, to *AKSHUALLY* we meant $1,400!, to 1400 in March, to 1400 likely in April. Next it'll be 1400 deferred tax credit for qualifying families in four counties who run a business for eight years and maybe in 2022 after the midterms..... bet on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    They went from $2k when they take the Senate, to *AKSHUALLY* we meant $1,400!, to 1400 in March, to 1400 likely in April. Next it'll be 1400 deferred tax credit for qualifying families in four counties who run a business for eight years and maybe in 2022 after the midterms..... bet on it.
    Here. I hope this helps you, since you're already desperately grasping for things to bitch about.
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Expecting a President to fulfill promises is grasping at straws?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    probably because Milshake is bullshitting again and knows damn well that Dore has nothing to with the anarchist movements in the US.
    Man, your self reflection is just non-existant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Are you pissed that you keep getting called out for not actually reading your own sources?

Quote Originally Posted by From Your Own Fucking Source
    Why the delay? Republicans are likely to push back on the relief package, lowering its price tag from nearly $2 trillion to $1 to $1.5 trillion, analyst Hunter Hammond told CBS News. Even though additional payments are widely supported and not expected to be a point of contention in negotiations, haggling over other aspects of the bill will likely last a while, and Congress isn’t exactly known for working expeditiously even when the health of the economy is at stake.

These calculations are based on Democrats gaining the support of the ten GOP senators needed to invoke cloture and end a filibuster of the bill. In the unlikely event that they don’t make enough concessions to the right to do so, the Democrats could use a special process known as budget reconciliation. It would only require the support of the 50 Democratic senators (and soon-to-be President of the Senate Kamala Harris), but it could also delay the passage of the bill.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been 2 days and he's already done more than Trump did in 4 years.

Calm thy tiddies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Man, your self reflection is just non-existant.
    If you got nothing to say, dont bother. But have fun with Milchakes litttle fantasy that the fascists and the far left are actually in some form of coalition, you seem to be enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    If you got nothing to say, dont bother. But have fun with Milchakes litttle fantasy that the fascists and the far left are actually in some form of coalition, you seem to be enjoying it.
    Except, the evidence on such things, especially in regards to that particular poster, has been provided on numerous occasions.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is for a Trump supporter like yourself, yes, but this is a Biden thread, so let's keep it on topic:

Biden's already taking steps in fulfilling his promises, specifically about the environment.

1) Biden has already frozen new drilling permits.

2) Yellen says Biden is "fully supportive" of carbon pricing.

3) And his staff is already prepping for other changes.

Please don't project your chosen leader's failures on others. Remember, Trump lied all the time about everything. The sooner you come to grips with that, the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It's been 2 days and he's already done more than Trump did in 4 years.

Calm thy tiddies.
    Tiddies, are they for nurturing children, or just props to "own the libs"?

Some people also treat their "kids" as props, to own the "childless libs" as social security moochers.
    Government Affiliated Snark

That's a single Op Ed by one person speculating it could take anywhere from Feb. to March to get the bill passed depending on the republican senate members.

its literally one persons opinion on what COULD happen. it doesn't mean much of anything right now. The grasping at straws comment was accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Hadriker View Post
    That's a single Op Ed by one person speculating it could take anywhere from Feb. to March to get the bill passed depending on the republican senate members.

its literally one persons opinion on what COULD happen. it doesn't mean much of anything right now. The grasping at straws comment was accurate
    Not only that, the Op-Ed points to her own fucking party as the problem. That was a pretty sweet self-own on her part.

On the one hand I am frustrated that a $2k bill has not already passed.

On the other hand, Biden has done a lot for the left already. A lot more than I expected.

His inaugural speech was a nicely worded call to action for progressives. And progressives are following through.

To a large extent, the assault the on US Capitol has changed the US in very fundamental ways. It affirmed in a big way that not only is Black Lives Matter exactly correct, if anything they have been underplaying the differences in how whites and blacks are treated. And that whites were willing to use this disparity to try to assassinate Pence and Pelosi (and who knows who else).

Sanders now has Sanders Mittens and Sanders Playing Cards to commemorate his presence at the inauguration. And here is an article in Newsweek.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ig/ar-BB1d0fkD

Title: Bernie Sanders Warns Democrats They'll Get Decimated in Midterms Unless They Deliver Big

The article talks about Sanders in a neutral and even positive way, pointing out the ways that Biden has already delivered for the left, and also included an attack by a republican Senator. Apparently one of the conditions for Sanders helping Biden during the general election was for some of Sander's policies to be reflected in his actions. Biden has been disappointing with some of his cabinet appointments (to be fair, they were made thinking that republicans would control the Senate), but so far Biden's actions have far exceded my wildest expectations.

Maybe there will be disappointment down the line. On a practical note, since I don't think this is the time to nuke the filibuster, I accept the fact that getting 10 republican Senators to vote for the bill will mean somewhat watered down bills, except for the one reconciliation bill that democrats get. If Biden can get enough of our infrastructure repaired in his 4 years, then maybe President Harris can move forward in a big way in 2024.

Considering that 75 million people voted for Trump, and more voted down ballot for republicans, this is way beyond what I was expecting.