Thread: Too much money?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Obviously, what isn't taxed ought to be saved. Especially if you have children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Obviously, what isn't taxed ought to be saved. Especially if you have children.
    Some of us aren't lucky enough to have children tho
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You really should stop feeling sorry for yourself about wealth.

Time to pull up those bootstraps.
    lol Machismo, I don't actually go through the day feeling sorry about the fact that I'm not a billionaire or a quadrillionaire who is wealthy enough to cure my own death. I was just using that as a talking point to strengthen my argument which is that it's not rational for any person to think they have too much wealth. Having more wealth means you can put more resources towards any goal so I don't see why anyone would believe that having X amount of wealth is better than X+1.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-01-22 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Great, then you can save even more!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    lol Machismo, I don't actually go through the day feeling sorry about the fact that I'm not a billionaire or a quadrillionaire who is wealthy enough to cure my own death. I was just using that as a talking point to strengthen my argument which is that it's not rational for a person to think they have too much wealth. Having more wealth means you can put more resources towards any goal so I don't see why anyone would believe that having X amount of wealth is better than X+1.
    And yet, you just said you do feel sorry for yourself over that.

It's a shame you haven't managed to perfect immortality.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you determine if someone is making too much money? Is there even such a thing as making too much money? I don't think so.

If I dedicated my life to becoming a successful and wealthy person why should I feel bad about it?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, then you can save even more!!!
    For what point though?
    Driving on Sunshine.

For what point though?
    So you can retire early, build on that savings via investments, and have a more-comfortable lifestyle!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    So you can retire early, build on that savings via investments, and have a more-comfortable lifestyle!!!
    But like others have said nobody can take it with them, so what's the point of making so much money what good does it do.
    Driving on Sunshine.

But like others have said nobody can take it with them, so what's the point of making so much money what good does it do.
    Like I said, so you can retire early, and live a more comfortable life.

The leading cause of stress in life... is cause by financial worry. Imagine if that stress in your life were almost entirely gone.

Now, one of the other major stresses, is not being able to find a partner/spouse. Guess what, you also have better odds with marital happiness, and have more options, when you have more money.

7+ Year Old Account
    For what point though?
    What's the point of life and wealth? To have fun with it.

For you personally it seems that you are interested in renewable energy so if you've already donated to charity and you still have more money than you need then you could help fund alternative energy projects.

I said, "especially if you have children". Not only if you have children. You ought to still place what isn't taxed at the very least in savings. Financial instability can be sudden and could happen to just about anyone regardless of their present circumstances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I said, "especially if you have children". Not only if you have children. You ought to still place what isn't taxed at the very least in savings. Financial instability can be sudden and could happen to just about anyone regardless of their present circumstances.
    But what is the point between financial stability and basically being a dragon with a hoard.
    Driving on Sunshine.

But what is the point between financial stability and basically being a dragon with a hoard.
    This is you being obtuse.

Dragons aren't real. Being financially stable has a direct impact on health and happiness. Its not about after you die, it's about having the means to live in a manner that leads to contentment.

I could retire in 5 years, and live relatively comfortably until I die. But, I plan on working longer, because I want to live more comfortably, and I want to allow for increased generational wealth growth for my kids.

If you cannot comprehend why someone wants those things... that's fine.you can live your life, at your chosen wealth level. I won't begrudge you, and you shouldn't begrudge Jeff Bezos.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you're only in your twenties and you have $2 million then I'd say you will have financial stability for the rest of your life unless you make bad choices. That's not to say a person with $20 million or $20 billion is automatically a dragon/hoarder because it depends on whether they donate to charity or science.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-01-22 at 07:24 PM.

Let's face it, lots of people make too much money.
    How do you handle when you make more money than is reasonable?
    You're joking...

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's face it, lots of people make too much money.

How do you handle when you make more money than is reasonable?
    Wealth Tax like Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren wanted to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You're joking...
    Why would I be joking?
    Driving on Sunshine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why would I be joking?
    Because the topic doesn't make a lot of sense. When people create wealth for themselves they are simply increasing the amount of options that are available to them. The idea that anyone should want their options to decrease or stay the same forever doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-01-22 at 08:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Because the topic doesn't make a lot of sense. When people create wealth for themselves they are simply increasing the amount of options that are available to them. The idea that anyone should want their options to decrease or stay the same forever doesn't make any sense.
    I guess what I've learned is that most people in this thread don't have a level that is "enough"
    Driving on Sunshine.

Millionaire? Congratulations!

Multi millionaire? Well, probably you're giving quite a few people employment.

Billionaire? I hope you have a large foundation that gives back to the community or the poor.

Jeff Bezos? Aww hell nah. You shouldn't be making billions a day doing nothing and destroying local stores in the process. All while paying no taxes and exploiting your employees at these death traps called warehouses.