5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Boring is the new fun nowadays. I prefer boring to "Being in a plane that is in the proccess of making an emergency landing, and said plane has 2 tons of cargo in radioactive material"
    With a fuel leak..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump won't be impeached until Feb 9. Schumer thinks Biden's Cabinet is more important.

You know what, that's fine. Trump supporters are blinded from reality and the rest of the Republican Party still seems hesistant to cut off the gangrenous limb. Vote's going to fail anyhow, proving that @YUPPIE and other Trump supporters completely back murderous insurrection.

EDIT: @Edge- !!!! (shakes fist)
    It's also probably good form to give Biden at least a few weeks to set his policy direction in motion and have it play in the media before headlines turn back to dealing with Trump.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

While the going is hot look up daddy ruined my life on YouTube.. you get a ton of videos of Trumps kids realizing acting like Donny on the public stage when you are in your 30s and 40s is a lot more damaging since you still got half a life to live and no one wanting to work with you or be your friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    While the going is hot look up daddy ruined my life on YouTube.. you get a ton of videos of Trumps kids realizing acting like Donny on the public stage when you are in your 30s and 40s is a lot more damaging since you still got half a life to live and no one wanting to work with you or be your friend.
    They don’t have the money (or, more specifically, the money people thought trump had,) the decades of media exposure, or the... let’s say, “personality” that engenders certain types, that their father had that forced people into tolerating his presence enough for him to run for office.

Right now they’re just the children of a deposed wannabe-dictator.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    So when we are closing this thread. I feel its gona be a good thing to wipe Trump off most things, including this place.
    The saga that will be Trump's problems with the law is far from over, there's a reasonable argument to be made for keeping the thread around for a while just yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    So when we are closing this thread. I feel its gona be a good thing to wipe Trump off most things, including this place.
    probably when the last lawsuit is settled

and something I was thinking about

Trump's administration was filled with people that got in solely because they were party loyalists, not experts that could get a job anywhere.

and now all those people are radioactive in both the public and private sector, so did he just effectively wipe out a generation of GOP people willing to be in government?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.propublica.org/article/g...ow-catching-up

Propublica always does good reporting, and this is a solid piece.

TLDR: There's been international pressure to try to deal with the growing threat of international white supremacist groups, however the US largely stood by in recent years as the Trump administration didn't want to go after his base.

Man I'm glad we have a president that doesn't need to appeal to white supremacists to stroke his ego, anymore.
    Germany just said they are actively watching the far right AfD because they have been getting to racist
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    An alternate is being floated

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
    That's the 14th Amendment, Section 3.

If the House and the Senate wanted to, they could instead of (no reason to do both) impeaching Trump vote on if Trump has violated the 14th Amendment. If they decide he has, he can't run for office again.

It might be something what's left of the Republican Party could get behind, if not impeachment. Long shot, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    Germany just said they are actively watching the far right AfD because they have been getting to racist
    A bit surprising that took so long to be honest. In one state the AfD has in their party platform the believe that foreigners are not only unwilling but actually unable to integrate into Germany. How the fuck are people voting for them is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    at the rate it's going, it really looks like Trump is going to get raided by law enforcement agencies. Can he actually flee America? I'll lose all admiration for this guy if he's really a traitor.
    The fact that you have admiration for an admitted sexual assaulter and extreme racist POS, is sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    The fact that you have admiration for an admitted sexual assaulter and extreme racist POS, is sad.
    I don't believe him for a second, that Trump leaving the country is him taking it too far. Bollocks. Our resident Trumpists will be whinging on the unfairness of it all, soon enough.

"Witch hunt!"
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

192,065 new cases, about 56k fewer than last Friday. A couple states still haven't reported, so expect that to narrow by a few k.

Top 10:

California: 24,927 new cases; 593 deaths
    Texas: 18,537 new cases; 435 deaths
    New York: 15,392 new cases; 226 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Georgia: 8,374 new cases; 171 deaths
    Arizona: 8,099 new cases; 229 deaths
    North Carolina: 7,436 new cases; 125 deaths
    Illinois: 7,042 new cases; 111 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 5,289 new cases; 191 deaths
    Massachusetts: 5,272 new cases; 81 deaths

In the interests of transparency, I didn't look up records for the states past the top 10. I've spent this week at work trying to take on more physical tasks to slowly crawl my way back from the broken femur and it's left me exhausted. I don't expect that there are many apart from a couple more death records which we can expect for a little while longer at least.

Depending on how tomorrow goes we'll likely have had an entire week of sub-200k totals which is definitely in the right direction but the healthcare facilities nationwide still desperately need those numbers to fall even further. I don't think we'll see another daily 50k drop next week, but hopefully I'll still be able to use the green highlight above--and fewer red highlights in the top 10.

3,886 deaths is about 50 more than last Friday and brings the total to 424,177. That will increase by probably another 50 as the numbers for the last couple states come in and we can probably still expect numbers this high for another week at least. After next week we may see them begin to drop as they trail behind new case totals, but I'm not willing to say they definitely will. There've been far too many nasty surprises in COVID-19 trends the past year.

Related news:

'Packed us together like sardines': Guard deployed to Capitol struggles to contain Covid--Trump managed to get one more superspreader event thrown in his honor before his departure, it seems.

COVID-19 Is Ravaging Local Newspapers, Making it Easier for Misinformation to Spread--So, Trump is responsible for the spread of misinformation--which led to more cases of COVID-19, which led to the decimation of local news reporters/papers, which leads to still more misinformation. Viruses begetting viruses.

Stay safe, folks.

- - - Updated - - -

In other TRUMP SHITSHOW news...

Looks like Trump supporters have learned from the best when it comes to throwing people under the bus.

Lawyers for accused Capitol rioters outline a defense: The president made them do it

Facing federal charges that could land them in prison, some of the defendants charged with participating in the attack at the U.S. Capitol are preparing to shift the blame onto other participants — or to former President Donald Trump.

More than 100 people have been charged preliminarily in federal court in the District of Columbia in connection with the riot, according to a list provided by the Department of Justice. The charges range from knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority to assaulting a federal officer. The most serious offenses carry penalties of up to 20 years in prison, but federal officials have said that more severe charges could be filed.

In many cases, their presence at the Capitol is well documented in online photos and videos, which prosecutors are using to build their cases.

“It’s hard to rebut roughly 10,000 miles worth of video footage reflecting and depicting my client at the Capitol on Jan. 6,” Albert Watkins, a St. Louis-based attorney who’s representing Jacob Chansley, the shirtless, horned-helmet-wearing man known as the “QAnon shaman,” told Yahoo News.

The presence at the scene of Chansley, who faces charges of civil disorder and entering a restricted building, “is not the issue,” Watkins said; the issue is that a group that included his client felt a special bond with Trump and were willing to do whatever he asked. “And on Jan. 6 my client, who had been fueled by an ongoing dialogue with other like-minded individuals, appeared to heed the call of the president to help him save our country,” Watkins said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some have asked "When will the Trump shitshow focused discussion thread end?"

New York Times chose to answer

Trump and Justice Dept. Lawyer Said to Have Plotted to Oust Acting Attorney General
    Trying to find another avenue to push his baseless election claims, Donald Trump considered installing a loyalist, and had the men make their cases to him.

The Justice Department’s top leaders listened in stunned silence this month: One of their peers, they were told, had devised a plan with President Donald J. Trump to oust Jeffrey A. Rosen as acting attorney general and wield the department’s power to force Georgia state lawmakers to overturn its presidential election results.

The unassuming lawyer who worked on the plan, Jeffrey Clark, had been devising ways to cast doubt on the election results and to bolster Mr. Trump’s continuing legal battles and the pressure on Georgia politicians. Because Mr. Rosen had refused the president’s entreaties to carry out those plans, Mr. Trump was about to decide whether to fire Mr. Rosen and replace him with Mr. Clark.

The department officials, convened on a conference call, then asked each other: What will you do if Mr. Rosen is dismissed?

The answer was unanimous. They would resign.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    In other TRUMP SHITSHOW news...

Looks like Trump supporters have learned from the best when it comes to throwing people under the bus.

Lawyers for accused Capitol rioters outline a defense: The president made them do it
    Would you look at that. Lawyers who are providing more claims as to why Trump should be unable to hold a public official position ever again.

Not sure if it was posted before, but apparently Trump had one last petty move before he finally galumphed back down to his natural swampy environment. It seems he fired the chief usher (and the rest of the butlers) just minutes before he wasn't president anymore. So nobody was ready to actually open the (locked) door of the White House for the Bidens when they got there. Trump just had to get one more tiny act of spite in as he left in shame.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1791409.html

Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    Not sure if it was posted before, but apparently Trump had one last petty move before he finally galumphed back down to his natural swampy environment. It seems he fired the chief usher (and the rest of the butlers) just minutes before he wasn't president anymore. So nobody was ready to actually open the (locked) door of the White House for the Bidens when they got there. Trump just had to get one more tiny act of spite in as he left in shame.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1791409.html
    The bastard is really a petty child, isnt he?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that, among the many hundreds of plates Biden is spinning, he adds "creating laws to punish this exact kind of bullshit" in there
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    The bastard is really a petty child, isnt he?
    You'll see plenty of people cheering him for "owning the libs" one last time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Problem is, as long as they're both separate trials, they can both get reasonable doubt. Ideally they'd be forced into the same trial but I don't think that'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    at the rate it's going, it really looks like Trump is going to get raided by law enforcement agencies. Can he actually flee America? I'll lose all admiration for this guy if he's really a traitor.
    Nah you will still worship him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Problem is, as long as they're both separate trials, they can both get reasonable doubt. Ideally they'd be forced into the same trial but I don't think that'll happen.
    I really doubt "I was told indirectly to commit a crime by the president" is really a cogent defense.

...couldn't that then be used against Trump as proof that his orders could be reasonably assessed to be a call to commit treason?
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.