Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    And based on the train wreck that is wc3 reforged, I don't see Diablo 2 remake being anything other than trash.
    Just admit you didn't know they were already owned by Activision for 16 years instead of deflecting.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

What a waste. From doing good remakes to being Brack's lap dog.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense to hire them to remake D2. I heard good things about their remakes of Crash Bandicoot and Tony Hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Yeah, I saw her name and went to find an article about who she is and what her background is, such as what games she has worked on and any projects she has lead. That’s kind of what you do when you are researching things, you look them up. She has a very decent background and also is an advocate for more diversity in games and life. They have worked on Skylanders, as well as the THPS 1&2 remake. It’s all in the article that I linked and I happened to read when I got curious as to who Blizzard is getting for a new lead of development.
    Not sure what assumptions I made other than an advocate for inclusion and diversity will, more than likely, bring that into the games she is appointed to.
    So basically you saw woman in leading position and went to look for trash and then made assumtions that "someone else" will be misogynist in this thread when it was actually you from the beginning.

Guys, they are saying they don't want to make the same mistakes with Diablo 2, which means it's getting a REMASTER, not a remake. Mainly just updated graphics like Reforged. Which means it won't be much.

Also, nice, it seems we are getting WoW in consoles soon after all

And cool, it seems a team makes something bad 1 time and instantly everyone is fired but Ion is still ruining WoW like it was nothing.

It makes sense considering the negative feedback W3 Remastered got. I don't think it's a bad thing if they're remastering games to the quality of THPS and Spyro. I'm a huge fan of D2 and I'm ok with this.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    so an unknown company of 200+ people are suddenly part of blizz? i guess at this point, there is no denying the old blizzard is truly dead. you can't just shove a huge group of people into another project led by a different company and expect the same usual outcome.
    Ever heard of blizzard north? Because this is exactly what happened with them in 2005.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-01-23 at 07:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    HOTS was under classic games banner for while, so i guess it is the end for that game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Diablo is the last chance Blizzard has to make any more video game sales money, they're all out of titles people care about that aren't recycled, excluding recycling old WoW expansions.

Acti-blizz is acti-blizz - nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Diablo 2 remaster - and do it right now!!
    I'd love this, I'd pay 40 bucks for it. I'm replaying it right now and it did not hold up well. less than 30 fps, stutter around clusters of enemies, very low resolution. I heard somewhere they lost the source code and what assets they have left are corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Their remakes were pretty damn good. But like I said before, their staff is most likely just going to be working in a supporting role on other projects.
    Or remaking old games, and since they seem good at it, we might get good remakes of Diablo2, starcraft and other old games.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Diablo is the last chance Blizzard has to make any more video game sales money, they're all out of titles people care about that aren't recycled, excluding recycling old WoW expansions.
    Imagine thinking that company who broke record sales on PC several times isn't able to make money outside two games. Last chance, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Huh? Based on what? Pretty sure blizzard is still raking in money from their titles. The only flop they have had was wc3 reforged, rest are a success in sales department.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-01-23 at 09:35 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Now, where's that popcorn meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Diversity is a lie that has never contributed to the success of any product or corporation. It’s quite literally a show put on for young naive children with self esteem issues.
    You say that as if low self esteem is a personal failing or something. Like that person is flawed because they don't think they're the best person ever. Yeesh. Stigmatizing mental health, both illnesses and general mental wellbeing, is why mental health is such a big issue right now.

Anyway, it's not just a "show". It's about legitimizing differences. When people consume stories, regardless of the medium, they naturally and unconsciously seek identification with characters in the story. Which are like them, which are not? How are those protrayed?

When the characters most similar to you are consistently portrayed in a particular manner, often aligning with traditional stereotypes, it becomes rather hard, both for children and young adults, to retain the belief that they can be something else. If every black male character you see in films and shows is the the drug-peddling gang member getting into trouble, or the muscle-bound jock that's all brawn and no brains and is an unqualified asshole to everyone, how's that brilliant black boy that loves to read and learn supposed to find a role for himself, supposed to find validation in the idea of being a scholar or scientist rather than the stereotypical criminal or dumb jock he's always seen portrayed? When gay characters are literally never portrayed in media, as was the case up until recent years, how are young LGBTQ individuals supposed to find validation? When society was (and to some extent still is) so intent on literally pretending they don't even exist?

Diversity in media is about showing people their differences are not flaws. That they are not doomed to be tucked in a nice neat little stereotypical box, that they can make whatever they want of themselves. It's very literally about validating their existence, showing them that they do not need to feel self-conscious about those differences. The entire point of diversity in media is to show people that those traits are NORMAL!
    Even Angels must kill from time to time...

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    What a waste. From doing good remakes to being Brack's lap dog.
    Yeah if it wasnt for the hole thing of them already being Bracks lap dogs and have been for many years, but hey why bother with facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post

Just some information on her. I have no problems with what the article is discussing, but I can’t wait for all the misogynists to start showing up complaining about another female in a development position trying to make more female characters have a more prominent and diverse role.
    Could lead for some interesting new characters or better development of existing ones as we go.
    That never works. You write an interesting character, that is what works.

Where I tend to agree with feminists is that there seems to be some prejudice with game companies traditionally not creating interesting female role characters probably because of some unconscious prejudice. Solution: remove the prejudice.

But, trying to do the whole thing backwards and reduce the creative process to become subservient to a political agenda just creates bad games.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah if it wasnt for the hole thing of them already being Bracks lap dogs and have been for many years, but hey why bother with facts.
    How so? They were working on THPS remake, N. Sane Trilogy and Destiny 2 over the last years with no relation to Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

I wish they'd do WC3 reforged all over again without outsourcing half of the work, but that'll never happen