10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Masks for the vaccinated are a retarded idea in the first place. That Republicans are completely conceding on any desire to return to normalcy in a pathetic attempt to own the libs is just about the perfect example of how goddamned stupid the party is.
    The vaccine does not stop you from shedding the virus (or even getting sick in some cases). Also stops the unvaccinated from protesting their masks before real herd immunity has set in.

Just wear a mask.

But yeah, their stance is either a gross understanding on the purpose of masks and how they work or they are being hypocrites when it comes to what they previously preached. Either way it's business as usual for Fox News and not worth the time.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Masks for the vaccinated are a retarded idea in the first place. That Republicans are completely conceding on any desire to return to normalcy in a pathetic attempt to own the libs is just about the perfect example of how goddamned stupid the party is.
    I wouldn't be too sure. It appears that the first dose isn't as effective as initially hoped. If he has his booster, it should be OK to not wear a mask, but should otherwise be wearing one:

Quote Originally Posted by CTV News
    Data on 200,000 elderly Israelis suggests that the first shot alone only lowered infections by 33 per cent—about a third of the roughly 90-per-cent rate that many experts around the world have predicted.

It’s “concerning in terms of the single-dose policy decision,” said a U.K. scientist, John Robertson, who had previously written about his concerns about the U.K.’s decision, like Quebec’s, to delay booster shots.

Importantly, in terms of understanding the new data, Israel is not delaying boosters. It’s following the timeline set out by Pfizer and giving the second, or “booster,” shot 21 days after the first.

That means the Israeli numbers pertain only to the short time when the elderly people in question had gotten their first shots but hadn't yet gotten boosters. The numbers suggest that even when giving the shots on schedule, the vaccinees didn’t have nearly the protection that was predicted in that short pre-booster interval.

The data doesn’t call into question how well the two doses together work. Pfizer's trial data showed that together, the doses are 95 per cent effective.
    - Source
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    He cancelled the Keystone Pipeline. That already puts him to the left of Justin Trudeau on Climate Policy at any rate.
    I wouldn't be too quick to rush to that conclusion. Trudeau's playing politics on the issue. While he's been quick to express "disappointment" in Biden's stance, that's about all he's doing. The Alberta Premier, Kenney, is accusing Trudeau of deliberately softpeddling the pipeline issue, causing the province to lose billions invested. I think the truth is between the lines, here; Trudeau can't officially take a stance against the pipeline, because it would be seen as taking a stance against Canadian business and jobs, but he can let it die a quiet death while doing the absolute bare minimum to fail to prevent that. He's catching flak for doing so, just as he'd catch flak if he'd managed to convince Biden to support it. There's no path out of this that doesn't involve catching flak, for him.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7594940/t...isappointment/

10+ Year Old Account
    Things can't return to normalcy until... get this... things actually start being normal again.

You can't "ignore" the virus away. We've been trying that for 10 months, and 400,000 people have died because of it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I’ve seen so many “progressives stfu he’s doing progressive stuff see!!”

Like did you think perhaps it is because of all the pressure??

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I wouldn't be too quick to rush to that conclusion. Trudeau's playing politics on the issue. While he's been quick to express "disappointment" in Biden's stance, that's about all he's doing. The Alberta Premier, Kenney, is accusing Trudeau of deliberately softpeddling the pipeline issue, causing the province to lose billions invested. I think the truth is between the lines, here; Trudeau can't officially take a stance against the pipeline, because it would be seen as taking a stance against Canadian business and jobs, but he can let it die a quiet death while doing the absolute bare minimum to fail to prevent that. He's catching flak for doing so, just as he'd catch flak if he'd managed to convince Biden to support it. There's no path out of this that doesn't involve catching flak, for him.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7594940/t...isappointment/
    Even if he is just going to quietly let it die...Biden's the one doing the dirty work.

Climate Leaders lead. Trudeau isn't doing that.

And I'm not heavily anti-Trudeau. He's not the guy I wanted but he's better than the guy I didn't. But there are things that Trudeau has, or has not, done that have disappointed me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

Hours ago, you were like "He's not doing anything progressive"

Now, it's "He's only doing progressive stuff because he's being pressured"

Would you like to move the goalposts further?

I get that Joe Biden isn't your ideal President...but can you not just take a few days to appreciate that at least there is an adult in the White House?
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-01-23 at 06:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Things can't return to normalcy until... get this... things actually start being normal again.

You can't "ignore" the virus away. We've been trying that for 10 months, and 400,000 people have died because of it.
    Also, I'd prefer not going back to a normal where people work or go around in public while they're sick without wearing masks.

Corona has really highlighted how unhygienic a lot of American social rituals are from handshakes to... well, y'all remember how until recently we had a tradition where someone would breathe all over a nice, moist cake before serving it to a crowd of people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Also, I'd prefer not going back to a normal where people work or go around in public while they're sick without wearing masks.

Corona has really highlighted how unhygienic a lot of American social rituals are from handshakes to... well, y'all remember how until recently we had a tradition where someone would breathe all over a nice, moist cake before serving it to a crowd of people?
    I'm really hoping the "good-to-meet-you" handshakes will be one of those things that doesn't return once everything else goes back to "normal". Can we bow instead? Nice, respectful, and most importantly, contactless bows.

Even if he is just going to quietly let it die...Biden's the one doing the dirty work.

Climate Leaders lead. Trudeau isn't doing that.

And I'm not heavily anti-Trudeau. He's not the guy I wanted but he's better than the guy I didn't. But there are things that Trudeau has, or has not, done that have disappointed me.

- - - Updated - - -

Hours ago, you were like "He's not doing anything progressive"

Now, it's "He's only doing progressive stuff because he's being pressured"

Would you like to move the goalposts further?

I get that Joe Biden isn't your ideal President...but can you not just take a few days to appreciate that at least there is an adult in the White House?
    Note that firstly it is in quotation marks. And no it isn’t progressive. Restoring shit isn’t progressive. Tepidly backing what is just common place isn’t progressive.

And fuck no. Comfort is expensive too expensive. This is the time to push and demand actual progression not get comfortable and let it be.

My attitude is “Yay we have a person that isn’t unhinged now let’s push towards what is needed to better the country and lives of its citizens. Now is not the time to relax. Now is the WORST time to relax.”

I did not move a god damn goalpost my argument hasn’t changed.

And frankly, the idea that "y'all just need to take a few days and chill" is silly to me.

As I mentioned already... right out of the gate we start with the continued weird fucking obsession our government has with overthrowing Maduro to replace him with a person who didn't run... nor get any votes... from the populace part of a party that has zero seats in that country's assembly. dude is charged with treason which... working with foreign governments to overthrow your own government tends to be treason in most places.. Picks that are on the board of fucking Raytheon... commerce picks who supported Trump tax cups.... Exactly when am I supposed to be like "woohoo"??? I was like "this is acceptable and good" in November. November was months ago.

You should also know that I was absolutely no fan of Barrack Obama.

- - - Updated - - -

I never ever ever liked the blowing candle shit... I always thought it was just very germy and stupid since I was a kid. Probably because I got sick after a birthday party when I was 6.
    Last edited by Themius; 2021-01-23 at 07:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really hoping the "good-to-meet-you" handshakes will be one of those things that doesn't return once everything else goes back to "normal". Can we bow instead? Nice, respectful, and most importantly, contactless bows.
    I'd suggest hat tipping but unfortunately the incels already appropriated that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Exactly when am I supposed to be like "woohoo"???
    I never said you should be "woohoo". Maybe just a little sigh of relief that your former president didn't get the coup he wanted?

I was like "this is acceptable and good" in November. November was months ago.
    Sure...it was 2 months ago that Biden was elected...but it was only days ago that he actually became president. And he's already done a bunch of good shit. Maybe you didn't get everything you wanted...but things could be a fuck of a lot worse for you right now.

So even if you can't take a couple days to enjoy it...maybe let the people who are have just the teensiest moment of celebration..

- - - Updated - - -

I'd suggest hat tipping but unfortunately the incels already appropriated that one.
    Also, everybody would have to start wearing hats again.

10+ Year Old Account

If it was pressure, progressives would be celebrating getting what they want. Which would mean, no need to tell anyone to STFU...

- - - Updated - - -

Note that firstly it is in quotation marks. And no it isn’t progressive. Restoring shit isn’t progressive. Tepidly backing what is just common place isn’t progressive.
    I don’t get it... do you want credit or do you want to complain?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

It always seemed to me that Biden was/is left of Obama on some things, and not willing to play the isdues as political chips to play. Obama shied away from the LGBT issue until Biden "gaffed" to the press about his full support.

Trumpers blaming Biden for Dividing the country.

A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It always seemed to me that Biden was/is left of Obama on some things, and not willing to play the isdues as political chips to play. Obama shied away from the LGBT issue until Biden "gaffed" to the press about his full support.
    I think the difference is time, not one being more left than the other.

RIP Larry King...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said you should be "woohoo". Maybe just a little sigh of relief that your former president didn't get the coup he wanted?

Sure...it was 2 months ago that Biden was elected...but it was only days ago that he actually became president. And he's already done a bunch of good shit. Maybe you didn't get everything you wanted...but things could be a fuck of a lot worse for you right now.

So even if you can't take a couple days to enjoy it...maybe let the people who are have just the teensiest moment of celebration..

- - - Updated - - -

Also, everybody would have to start wearing hats again.
    look at my profile pic,
    no, no I wouldn't wear a hat
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If it was pressure, progressives would be celebrating getting what they want. Which would mean, no need to tell anyone to STFU...

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t get it... do you want credit or do you want to complain?
    Exactly why do you have any issue with me and people who aren’t satisfied? It’s just that kind of shitty attitude around politics that keeps us in the sewer... save your bs.

You do not get to bitch and moan about progressives while trying to claim Biden has done progressive things (in your opinion) that he hasn’t supported until the popular opinion spoke louder especially from the left.

So save your bullshit.

I don’t like board members of arms companies in cabinet positions. I don’t like American imperialism and regimen changes. It hasn’t ever fucking worked and to sit up there and support one coup while claiming “we got our democracy back” is bogus and hypocritical.
    Last edited by Themius; 2021-01-23 at 02:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly why do you have any issue with me and people who aren’t satisfied? It’s just that kind of shitty attitude around politics that keeps up in the sewer... save your bs.
    For the same reason you have issue with people who are satisfied? With a tiny request for consistency...

You do not get to bitch and moan about progressives while trying to claim Biden has done progressive things (in your opinion) that he hasn’t supported until the popular opinion spoke louder especially from the left.
    Oh dude... I am an equal opportunity “bitch”... I am not going to ignore progressives complaining about Biden not doing something, while taking credit for him doing it. Because in 4 years, it’s the screaming about him not doing anything, instead of celebrating that you got your way... that will be repeated on conservative media. I have seen this show before...

So save your bullshit.
    Schnell!!!

Edit: You know how I know that am on the correct track? Everyone from the left to the right and even the center... tells me to shut up...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-01-23 at 02:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Even if Biden pushed through M4A tomorrow these people would still bitch and moan. Just let them QQ and focus on what’s actually important.
    I know... I said similar just yesterday... I like themius though... their heart is in a good place...

Edit: Corrected the spelling of user name...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-01-23 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    For the same reason you have issue with people who are satisfied? With a tiny request for consistency...

Oh dude... I am an equal opportunity “bitch”... I am not going to ignore progressives complaining about Biden not doing something, while taking credit for him doing it. Because in 4 years, it’s the screaming about him not doing anything, instead of celebrating that you got your way... that will be repeated on conservative media. I have seen this show before...

Schnell!!!

Edit: You know how I know that am on the correct track? Everyone from the left to the right and even the center... tells me to shut up...
    Being told to shut up doesn't mean you're on the right track. The bullshit here is trying to dictate how others should feel that's the bull shit you should save that isn't you being on a track to anything.

I do not have an issue with people who are satisfied i have an issue with those people demanding others be like you are

The new deal with done with tremendous pressure from the left, does that mean the left doesn't get to complain when things were left out? What a crock of shit.

ACA at the time had support from the left does that mean the left doesn't get to bitch when ACA took a very weird approach to the medical system that didn't go far enough? What I do not understand is this attitude of "don't complain shut up. Progressives don't get to complain and push and push and then complain when parts of what they want gets passed"

If he passes M4A you mean to tell me I can't complain about American Imperialism? I complained about it under Clinton, Bush, and fucking Obama. I don't get to complain about the eventual war crimes that will be committed (all hints point to no end of this) because he did a thing progressives wanted?

Question yourself if he does pass M4A how he got there from I will veto it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Even if Biden pushed through M4A tomorrow these people would still bitch and moan. Just let them QQ and focus on what’s actually important.
    Seriously you centrist "shut the fuck up and take what you get" types are bogus to me.

If he passes M4A tell me how he got there... did he get there from people saying "let Biden be himself" or did he get there from the pressure from the outside? It seems fucking crazy to me that Americans in particular fall into this idea that people just should stfu when the status quo is back as if the status quo was roses.

Do you think other countries have social spending because they have a left-party that falls in line with the majority centrist party? Or because they fight and argue and push for what they want and what the public in general needs? This idea that you have is uniquely Americans and it doesn't clear work..

I recall the entire thing about Biden was that "constant pressure would be needed to push him but he will pass progressive policy if there is enough pressure from within and the public" did we all fucking forget that or something?

We can't both say:

"Biden needs pressure in order to pass progressive policy"

while also contending

"progressive stfu he's doing stuff zomg you just bitch and moan when he does stuff you don't like"