Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    His last name means annoying in German and that's how I remember him.

Lol celestalon was the guy that got roasted on twitter for playing wow on a tablet. But then he showed how he actually played WoW and diablo with a stylus and I was actually impressed. Was really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Wasn't he the guy who wanted brewmaster monks to be designed around being at 50% health in Legion?
    just roll backwards bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    He didn't get muzzled. He left the company. Also, toxic players ran him off.
    He just stopped working for the WoW team. He's a dev on Hearthstone now and still with Blizzard.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I bet OP can't name one change Celestalon did without googling it, he misses the guy just that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    One person isn't responsible for much. Cele wasn't, Ghostcrawler wasn't, Ion wasn't before he got promoted, etc. Someone being vocal doesn't equate to them being responsible for a bunch of shit. Someone being lead X designer doesn't mean they're solely responsible for shit.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This is just flat-out wrong. He was a Technical Class/Systems designer for some years. He didn't communicate a lot with players except during betas for expansions when he would run a long and highly math-based thread describing the theory-crafting for class design.

I'm not going to comment on his work per se but he was not in any way a community manager. He did make many decisions about the fundamental math behind class design during his time at Blizzard.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Chadd_Nervig
    Hate Chadd cause he designed the irritating halls for the nightmare unicorn mount but like how he played a part in the imo well received artifacts

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that anyone uses them now, but he also did the Proving Grounds scenarios.

And, you know, preblizzard, Rawr.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Celestalon? The creepy guy that preys on young women and is obsessed with dying their hair?

I don’t

The dude was a smug prick to any theorycrafter especially those who disagreed with him
    Not to mention how much of a dick he was to “influencers”
    He can stay gone

- - - Updated - - -

I loved him in MoP

“We keep wiping on stone guards 10n. Lfr gear drops need a higher rate”

“Sounds like it’s a strat problem”

“Our strat is good it’s a gear problem”

“It was killed before lfr so it’s a strat problem. Are your tanks doing it right?”

- - - Updated - - -

I loved him in MoP

“It was killed before lfr so it’s a strat problem. Are your tanks doing it right?”

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    I don’t

The dude was a smug prick to any theorycrafter especially those who disagreed with him
    Not to mention how much of a dick he was to “influencers”
    I mean, the last part sounds pretty good tbh.

I loved him in MoP

And he was right. Players ask for gear like little children ask for candy. Any reasonable person would deny this wish.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I mean, the last part sounds pretty good tbh.

And he was right. Players ask for gear like little children ask for candy. Any reasonable person would deny this wish.
    Yeah
    GC was great

Celestalon telling the monk theorycrafters that point out him being wrong get told “we don’t need to hear from the peanut gallery” in a theorycrafting forum set up for the players to help

I miss Ions talkshows that we had in Legion which they had frequently where they talked about their design and pilosophy for the game. That was the best they have ever done on the communication part in the 16 years of WoW.

You might disagree with what they say, but them being on like they were then was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I miss Ions talkshows that we had in Legion which they had frequently where they talked about their design and pilosophy for the game. That was the best they have ever done on the communication part in the 16 years of WoW.

You might disagree with what they say, but them being on like they were then was great.
    Shame people gave them shit for it so they stopped.

On that note, any dev that bites back towards the community, within reason, is alright in my book. Too many community and players who think they can act however they want and anyone who bites back isn't "professional" is off the charts within gaming.

Customer is rarely right.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Customer is rarely right.
    My particular experience in customer support for big companies says otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Sure, I only speak from my experience ofc. Also one of the reason why I can't work with customers. So many trying to get free stuff or be unreasonable angry at someone who tries to help them is staggering.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I bet OP can't name one change Celestalon did without googling it, he misses the guy just that much.

Based on OP's thread history I'm fairly certain we can discern the real intention of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Stealth changes I assume are hidden changes to the game, not to the stealth mechanic that rogues and druids use, right? :P I was so curious about this, thinking they changed rogues and druids... Damn it!

Don't have an opinion on Celestalon but I do miss Ghostcrawler. Gonna be epic to get information from him for the MMO Riot Games are working on. Great guy. Great insights. No PR-bullshit.

Definitely enjoy Ghostcrawler but I am not touching a Riot MMO with a ten foot pole. Being wholesale owned by Tencent is poison to me.

Every Hybrid dps spec was certainly viable in TBC.. Hm, dont think so

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    My particular experience in customer support for big companies also says the customer is rarely right. They're entitled.