Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Sooooo many people talking like they understand the pvp system in classic, but dont at all... This guys being a shit head, intentionally and coming here for your confirmation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dimad View Post
    Funny thing about this is these situations are usually run by peiple that do not realize that you can actually have more than one rank 14 on your faction per week. I saw it plenty of times in vanilla. I'd say forget them and just pvp.
    This is common knowledge lol

I used to bracket lead on my realm myself. The thing about black listing is its only enforced by the active pvp ranking community members, if that, at this point Classic. So nothing is stopping breakers from grouping up with a bunch of guildies to do Battlegrounds. If OP has a good guild and a big enough social network, this blacklisting shouldn't be that bad.

PvP ranking communities can range from understanding and cooperative to despotic and toxic. I'm not totally familiar with the PvP situation in the OP's case, so we don't really have a clear picture. Sometimes these communities pay for spots, other times it is people fighting for the few they have left and tricking other rankers out of a spot.

At the end of the day, honor stacking is a political negotiation process that require everyone's cooperation in order to make things easier. However, there can be a prisoner's dilemma like situation in which people break to secure more RP for themselves. There also is a surprisingly high amount of high rank players that are unfamiliar with the situation, so breaking is pretty common.

At the end of the day OP, if you wanna keep PvPing, go for it! You aren't breaking the ToS for PvPing and neither are they for not wanting to play with you.
    Last edited by tylen2; 2021-01-23 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I addressed it already: He can do it, but the point is, he makes it harder for other people, those will naturally respond in some fashion.

Don't be surprised that when you make things harder on other people for your own convenience that they might act hostile towards you.
    If someone decides that they want to get in better shape so they get a gym membership and start lifting weights and doing cardio, Arnold Gymgoesenegger doesn't get to yell at them because his optimized exercise plan is affected by new guy using their preferred weights.

It's fine if a bunch of theorycrafters want to figure out how the PvP system works but they can't expect every casual/solo/regular PvPer to play the same way they do. Other people playing the game normally doesn't give you the right to react with hostility and try to bully other players out of the content. It's 100% bullshit that you seem to support this toxic ass behavior.

It's hilarious how people fought so hard to get Classic here because they wanted the old school content and gameplay, as well as the old school community... and now we've got the same toxic community that everyone complains about from live servers. This community harassing regular players because they're not interested in the theorycraft PvP community is unacceptable and you should be ashamed if you think it's normal and to be expected.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    If someone decides that they want to get in better shape so they get a gym membership and start lifting weights and doing cardio, Arnold Gymgoesenegger doesn't get to yell at them because his optimized exercise plan is affected by new guy using their preferred weights.

It's fine if a bunch of theorycrafters want to figure out how the PvP system works but they can't expect every casual/solo/regular PvPer to play the same way they do. Other people playing the game normally doesn't give you the right to react with hostility and try to bully other players out of the content. It's 100% bullshit that you seem to support this toxic ass behavior.

It's hilarious how people fought so hard to get Classic here because they wanted the old school content and gameplay, as well as the old school community... and now we've got the same toxic community that everyone complains about from live servers. This community harassing regular players because they're not interested in the theorycraft PvP community is unacceptable and you should be ashamed if you think it's normal and to be expected.
    Your gym membership example relates in no way shape or form to what it means to rank.

Ranking in Classic WoW is a rat-race. Are you familiar with the concept of a Rat Race? Here's a helpful link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_race

It's a common chapter in Economics to graph out a Rat Race and mathematically show (using derivatives and Maxima/Minima, what is commonly known as an Optimisation Problem) that the best solution to a Rat Race is....to not have one at all in the first place. That is PRECISELY what PVP communities on servers try to accomplish.

Education & Research is key to understanding what they are doing. OP is free to PVP as much as he wants, but when the premades find out how much honour he grinded, they'll just out-grind him in an afternoon.
    Last edited by Dalinos; 2021-01-23 at 06:47 PM.

Your main goal should be to piss those people off. It was mine, when I still played, and I never ran into issues with their little "blacklist".

Classic players are so cute when they're upset.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Your gym membership example relates in no way shape or form to what it means to rank.

Ranking in Classic WoW is a rat-race. Are you familiar with the concept of a Rat Race? Here's a helpful link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_race

It's a common chapter in Economics to graph out a Rat Race and mathematically show (using derivatives and Maxima/Minima, what is commonly known as an Optimisation Problem) that the best solution to a Rat Race is....to not have one at all in the first place. That is PRECISELY what PVP communities on servers try to accomplish.

Education & Research is key to understanding what they are doing. OP is free to PVP as much as he wants, but when the premades find out how much honour he grinded, they'll just out-grind him in an afternoon.
    You focused on the wrong part of my post. I never said they couldn't out-grind him. It's perfectly fine if they want to do that -- they can play the game however they want.

What I said was that it's unacceptable for them to harass him just because they're inconvenienced.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Your main goal should be to piss those people off. It was mine, when I still played, and I never ran into issues with their little "blacklist".

Classic players are so cute when they're upset.
    Listen to yourself mate. His main goal should be to piss those people off? Really?

It was your goal when you still played? So you've quit. So...you don't matter. You're not a factor any more. They're probably still playing, having a good time PVPing.

Who won in the end? You who quit, or them who are continuing to have fun with the game?

It's fine if a bunch of theorycrafters want to figure out how the PvP system works but they can't expect every casual/solo/regular PvPer to play the same way they do.
    A "casual/solo/regular PvPer" isnt going to out pace rankers for honor in the top brackets, unless theyre trying to. Your argument is a fallacy.

You focused on the wrong part of my post. I never said they couldn't out-grind him. It's perfectly fine if they want to do that -- they can play the game however they want.

What I said was that it's unacceptable for them to harass him just because they're inconvenienced.
    Did you even open the link I provided? I'll say it clearly again, one more time.

THE ONLY SOLUTION OF A RAT RACE IS NOT TO HAVE ONE.

There you go. That piece of information above should be common knowledge to everyone. Turning something into a rat race helps noone, absolutely noone, I can graph it for you in a PM if you so wish so you can see for yourself.

People who HAVE this knowledge and CONTINUE to promote a rat race SHOULD be punished, in-game. Whether that's blacklisting, never doing premades with him, getting him kicked out of his guild, that's all deserved when you KNOWINGLY fuck up 200 peoples + plans because of selfishness.

Did you even open the link I provided? I'll say it clearly again, one more time.

THE ONLY SOLUTION OF A RAT RACE IS NOT TO HAVE ONE.

There you go. That piece of information above should be common knowledge to everyone. Turning something into a rat race helps noone, absolutely noone, I can graph it for you in a PM if you so wish so you can see for yourself.

People who HAVE this knowledge and CONTINUE to promote a rat race SHOULD be punished, in-game. Whether that's blacklisting, never doing premades with him, getting him kicked out of his guild, that's all deserved when you KNOWINGLY fuck up 200 peoples + plans because of selfishness.
    To add-on to your point, there are also many cases in which people pay to have spots made so more people can reap the rewards. While it technically isn't breaking ToS to have people break into these spots, it can be a very obnoxious thing to do.

I can't wait for someone to reply with "Why should I be punished and told to stop PvPing because other people don't want to PvP as much as me?"

Quote Originally Posted by tylen2 View Post
    To add-on to your point, there are also many cases in which people pay to have spots made so more people can reap the rewards. While it technically isn't breaking ToS to have people break into these spots, it can be a very obnoxious thing to do.

I can't wait for someone to reply with "Why should I be punished and told to stop PvPing because other people don't want to PvP as much as me?"
    And another thing many people aren't understanding - if you want to PVP with the boys, having beers, at 21:00 on a Saturday night, you're free to do that. You won't affect rankings, even if you pull an all-nighter and PVP for 10h straight. You can even PVP for 40h/week, either with the boys or alone, and you STILL won't reach the Honour/Hour that a consumable-using premade that is properly geared will reach.

Besides, even if OP decides to no-life it, it's a miracle if he reaches Bracket 1. Bracket 2 and Bracket 3 100%, no problem, but bracket 1 will be hard to beat.

3+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I didn't know Classic was Degrassi the next generation. Such meaningless drama over a 15 year old fucking game. Play how you wish, OP, anyone who has a problem with it is an actual "no lifer."

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Sooooo many people talking like they understand the pvp system in classic, but dont at all... This guys being a shit head, intentionally and coming here for your confirmation.

- - - Updated - - -

This is common knowledge lol
    He's being a shithead by PVPing, and playing the game? He's not hurting anyone, he's trying to raise in rank. If he doesn't want to join a union, then he's not obligated to do so.

I hope he continues to play hi ass off, and gets the rank he wants. As for the cartel, fuck them.

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    This has to stop.

This is my 2nd attempt to get rank 10, because my first attempt was distrubed by PVP REALM SPECIFIC DISCORD "Community" telliing me that I need to agree on a weekly cap so that different nabs will get their 14 rank ASAP or else get Blacklisted on the realm.

I am aiming to no life it till I get my rank 10 ASAP. The specific date that the discord gave me will make things longer.

You don't own the game, and I will personally report those who harrass me.

You don't like the grind and hate competition? Imma go 100k honor a day to get you more mad.

/rant over.
    First off your title is a complete click-bait lie. You CAN do PvP. But you want to also screw over your realm by trying to attain a rank by yourself on a glorified Private Server. Step back and ask yourself why.

You have every right to "no life" your rank if you want, but you don't have the right to screw over everyone else that agreed to make the process of getting people their desired ranks as easy and straightforward as possible.

As others have pointed out, you DON'T want a Rat Race. It benefits no one. I'll just assume this is a troll though?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    He's being a shithead by PVPing, and playing the game? He's not hurting anyone, he's trying to raise in rank. If he doesn't want to join a union, then he's not obligated to do so.

I hope he continues to play hi ass off, and gets the rank he wants. As for the cartel, fuck them.
    Yes, hes being a shithead for intentionally breaking brackets. Hes hurting the people who have to raise the bracket to keep him out of it. He doesnt belong there, he isnt causually pvping to get there, hes obviously doing it intentionally.
    I dont think you understand the PvP system in classic. He doesnt need to be in the top brackets to get rank 10 and he wont get rank 10 any faster by being there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I addressed it already: He can do it, but the point is, he makes it harder for other people, those will naturally respond in some fashion.

Don't be surprised that when you make things harder on other people for your own convenience that they might act hostile towards you.
    So what it’s a game? Where do you ever see something like this happening in a competitive game? The fact it even can happen is so stupid and lame -.-

People need to know they can’t get everything just because they want to, that’s what’s hurting the game the most.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    First off your title is a complete click-bait lie. You CAN do PvP. But you want to also screw over your realm by trying to attain a rank by yourself on a glorified Private Server. Step back and ask yourself why.

You have every right to "no life" your rank if you want, but you don't have the right to screw over everyone else that agreed to make the process of getting people their desired ranks as easy and straightforward as possible.

As others have pointed out, you DON'T want a Rat Race. It benefits no one. I'll just assume this is a troll though?
    Are you serious? Do you also whine if someone take your rank 1 spot on the arena ladder? Oh wait you never made it that far because no one allow you to get there..

And another thing many people aren't understanding - if you want to PVP with the boys, having beers, at 21:00 on a Saturday night, you're free to do that. You won't affect rankings, even if you pull an all-nighter and PVP for 10h straight. You can even PVP for 40h/week, either with the boys or alone, and you STILL won't reach the Honour/Hour that a consumable-using premade that is properly geared will reach.

Besides, even if OP decides to no-life it, it's a miracle if he reaches Bracket 1. Bracket 2 and Bracket 3 100%, no problem, but bracket 1 will be hard to beat.
    The thing is he wont beat them. Theyll just raise the caps for the bracket. Most rankers leave Monday open for just this reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fearlof View Post
    Are you serious? Do you also whine if someone take your rank 1 spot on the arena ladder? Oh wait you never made it that far because no one allow you to get there..
    This exposes your fundamental misunderstanding of the PvP system in classic. Just stop.

Listen to yourself mate. His main goal should be to piss those people off? Really?

It was your goal when you still played? So you've quit. So...you don't matter. You're not a factor any more. They're probably still playing, having a good time PVPing.

Who won in the end? You who quit, or them who are continuing to have fun with the game?
    I quit because the game is 15 years old and doesn't matter anymore, yet I still pissed on them whenever I had the chance, did it make it more unfun? No way it actually motivated me more. Now go play your old game with no real competitive environments.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Yes, hes being a shithead for intentionally breaking brackets. Hes hurting the people who have to raise the bracket to keep him out of it. He doesnt belong there, he isnt causually pvping to get there, hes obviously doing it intentionally.
    I dont think you understand the PvP system in classic. He doesnt need to be in the top brackets to get rank 10 and he wont get rank 10 any faster by being there.
    He's not hurting anyone... except for the people he's killing in PVP. That's like saying I'm hurting people, because I farm herbs, or level faster than others.

I understand the system just fine. The issue is that they wanted to create an artificial hierarchy to make their own progress more efficient. But, he doesn't want to join them, and he doesn't want to wait in their line.

off course, they can always just beat him at his own game, and PVP more.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    He's not hurting anyone... except for the people he's killing in PVP. That's like saying I'm hurting people, because I farm herbs, or level faster than others.

I understand the system just fine. The issue is that they wanted to create an artificial hierarchy to make their own progress more efficient. But, he doesn't want to join them, and he doesn't want to wait in their line.

off course, they can always just beat him at his own game, and PVP more.
    There is no line for rank 10. What are you talking about?