Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    This has to stop.

This is my 2nd attempt to get rank 10, because my first attempt was distrubed by PVP REALM SPECIFIC DISCORD "Community" telliing me that I need to agree on a weekly cap so that different nabs will get their 14 rank ASAP or else get Blacklisted on the realm.

I am aiming to no life it till I get my rank 10 ASAP. The specific date that the discord gave me will make things longer.

You don't own the game, and I will personally report those who harrass me.

You don't like the grind and hate competition? Imma go 100k honor a day to get you more mad.

/rant over.
    Breaking brackets makes it harder on yourself and others. Cooperate.

If you break a bracket, everyone ahead of you is going to work harder and push you back. The harder you try to break the longer its going to take you to get 10. They aren't telling you to get into a discord and cooperate because they want to keep you from getting r10. They just want to make sure that bracket caps aren't astronomically high.
    Last edited by Canield; 2021-01-23 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    There is no line for rank 10. What are you talking about?
    Then, they have no power over him...

Imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Then, they have no power over him...

Imagine that.
    lolwut? You seriously have no idea how the PvP system in classic works, do you?

This exposes your fundamental misunderstanding of the PvP system in classic. Just stop.
    Sure, yet they still see it as a problem that he PVPs this much.. I don’t think the classic rank 14 pvp system was ever meant to be reached this way, with people in a row waiting for it to be their turn, if you don’t think that’s fcked up it just shows you are even more screwed than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    That's not how it should work, it should be whomever follows the rules of the game and performs, not who kisses a groups ass and sings kumbaya with them or waits in line like a brainless loser. I knew someone irl that that earned GM during real classic and he didn't kiss anyones ass, he simply no-lifed it and outdid everyone else.
    the system is garbage, no classic player will ever argue that it isnt, the entire idea of "Fighting" against ur own faction in an honor competition is just daft. so people work together.

But to be quite frank, you simply have no fucking clue what you are talking about, it is obvious from your forum post. and thats coming from a Gen 0 HW on one of the top 3 EU realms. literally 3 people did it legit in gen 1/0 and it was an all out war pre-BG's between 2 account sharing potato rogues, who relentlessly fucked everyone else.

The way the "Community" is trying to help people isnt necessarily to tell them to get less RP, but if for example we could strike a deal where we all stay CLOSE to eachothers honor (bla bla maths) then we ALL get more RP, instead of 1 rogue going 1.5 mil and the 2nd highest guy in bracket 1 is at 1.2 mil. this just means that all the 20 people in bracket 1 will lose out on close to 1k RP for practically no reason. now if they all stayed on their respective spots (1.5 mil rogue stays #1 1.2 mil rogue stays #2 then the 3rd guy, 4th guy, so on) and all stacked on the exact same Honor, they would all get the max amount of RP, which is 13k.

the entire competition is filled with cheaters, and its honestly pathetic. wether its the Countless people we caught wintrading HK's with entire guilds (only 1 got banned even tho we had literal video evidence of 1 horde just spam killing 40 alliance at a random GY somewhere in the world, and we caught about 8 people like that, another 5 that we couldnt find, but it was pretty obvious both from looking at Honorspy, and just /who on both horde and alliance while being unable to find any of them in the zone while theres 50+ alliance sometimes almost all from the same guild)

So as someone who played with one of the none cheaters, and that guy literally got a heart attack mid ranking, came back 24 hours later ready to blast, we didnt farm AV during AV meta, because ranking was meant to be fun, not about cheating scumbags, we ripped it up in WSG before it was cool 8). many queues were missed due to sleeping in our chairs. and on average we got about 1 hour of sleep, which usually consisted of a Weak aura that would airhorn so loud ur neighbours would wake up when a Queue popped, and we AV queued during that 1 hour, so we could sleep in the queue. so closer to 30 minutes of sleep a day.

we passed out randomly, some of us found ourselves bleeding on the bathroom floor without knowing how we got there, some of us got heart attacks, literally all of us were dying trying to keep up with the cheaters, the botters, the scripters, the account sharers, and the wintraders.

so that system helps everyone, it helps the cheaters so they have to take less risks, and are therefore less likely to get banned, but it also helps the legit players to keep up with the cheaters. does it suck that it helps the cheating pieces of shit? yeah, but as players there is nothing else we can do, we do not have the authority to ban them, or anything. we did our best tried to get video evidence during the World PVP phase, but even then, they didnt get banned.

we had videos of people using the exact same script, literally 8 retards from a guild called Scrub Club all jumping at the exact same time on the same interval afk'ing in AV's.
    we summoned people to the deeprun tram and fucking DK bombed them back to rank 1 from rank 11 once all the shitty BG scripts came out.

but Blizzard REFUSED to take action, so a compromise was all we could do.

But yeah, theres a tiny, and i do mean tiny amount of insight for you. would recommend maybe not speaking too loudly on a topic you obviously know nothing about in the future, but I also know its gonna fall on deaf ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearlof View Post
    Sure, yet they still see it as a problem that he PVPs this much.. I don’t think the classic rank 14 pvp system was ever meant to be reached this way, with people in a row waiting for it to be their turn, if you don’t think that’s fcked up it just shows you are even more screwed than I thought.
    If I dont agree your baseless opinion, I must be screwed up. Lmao good one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    the system is garbage, no classic player will ever argue that it isnt, the entire idea of "Fighting" against ur own faction in an honor competition is just daft. so people work together.
    No argument here.

5+ Year Old Account
    I would say fuck em they have no right on how you chose to play a game you pay for but it is a mmo so how you play will affect others.

These online communities would make for quick interesting case studies of social group behavior and the treatment of outsiders of the group.

Also it is Player vs Player. It is all about competition.

OP situation is one player vs group. The group is in the wrong by trying to turn a competition into a waiting line feature.
    Last edited by TigTone; 2021-01-23 at 07:38 PM.

lolwut? You seriously have no idea how the PvP system in classic works, do you?
    Oh, I do know how it works. Been there, done that.

All they can do to stop him, is not party with him, and PVP more per week. The problem is the shitty system, not with his refusal to participate in the cartel that was created to deal with the shitty system.

If I dont agree your baseless opinion, I must be screwed up. Lmao good one.
    Great comeback my friend, now back in line where you belong and wait for that rank 14 opportunity you can’t make it without

Quote Originally Posted by Dimad View Post
    Funny thing about this is these situations are usually run by peiple that do not realize that you can actually have more than one rank 14 on your faction per week. I saw it plenty of times in vanilla. I'd say forget them and just pvp. Its likely they are running premades to do it but you really dont need a premade to get to rank 14.

Also bet people are paying them to get them rank 14. If soneone gets it that didnt oay them then they would lose the ability to say that you cant get tank 14 without them.
    no it isnt. literally not a single one of the communities do not know that. on any server. stop lying.

Oh, I do know how it works. Been there, done that.

All they can do to stop him, is not party with him, and PVP more per week. The problem is the shitty system, not with his refusal to participate in the cartel that was created to deal with the shitty system.
    Then you should understand that him breaking brackets playing solo can only be intentional, right? Theres no way hes trying to get rank 10, pushing bracket 14 accidently.

Then you should understand that him breaking brackets playing solo can only be intentional, right? Theres no way hes trying to get rank 10, pushing bracket 14 accidently.
    No, maybe he just wants to PVP more. Maybe he doesn't fully understand the system. maybe, just maybe, he doesn't give a shit.

Regardless, he's not hurting anyone. I'm not hurting anyone by farming herbs, making a ton of gold, or even working the AH.

No, maybe he just wants to PVP more. Maybe he doesn't fully understand the system. maybe, just maybe, he doesn't give a shit.

Regardless, he's not hurting anyone. I'm not hurting anyone by farming herbs, making a ton of gold, or even working the AH.
    Well considering the OP claims its his second attempt, Im inclined to believe he understands exactly what hes doing. Hes playing daft, just like you are.

Well considering the OP claims its his second attempt, Im inclined to believe he understands exactly what hes doing. Hes playing daft, just like you are.
    So, he just doesn't give a shit. Great!

He's not hurting anyone by doing it.

5+ Year Old Account

Exactly. Pvp is competition and the Rank systems is a competition as well.

That community” is trying to circumvent that competition by forcing people with ostracization to change the competition into a wait in line game.

Hes hurting every single ranker who has to push that bracket higher to keep him out of it and coming here to cry about it. Its hilarious that he plays the victim in this case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Exactly. Pvp is competition and the Rank systems is a competition as well.

That community” is trying to circumvent that competition by forcing people with ostracization to change the competition into a wait in line game.
    There is no line for rank 10, stop crying about lines.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hes hurting every single ranker who has to push that bracket higher to keep him out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

What crying? The point stands.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    What crying? The point stands.
    Well, if your point is wrong, how can it stand? There simply arent lines for rank 10.

Hes hurting every single ranker who has to push that bracket higher to keep him out of it and coming here to cry about it. Its hilarious that he plays the victim in this case.

- - - Updated - - -

No he isn't stop pretending to be a fucking victim.

You are literally whining that someone beat you by playing more. If they don't like it, they can beat him.

This is like whining that capitalism is a thing.

No he isn't stop pretending to be a fucking victim.

You are literally whining that someone beat you by playing more. If they don't like it, they can beat him.

This is like whining that capitalism is a thing.
    Im not whining, not even a little bit. This doesnt directly involve me in the slightest. Im just giving you straight facts. This kids being an asshole and crying victim. Theres no way someone gave him a "timeline" for rank 10, because no cares about rank 10.. Hes not getting rank 10 faster by being in the brackets 12, 13 or 14.. Hes not getting into bracket 12, 13 or 14, unless hes trying to intentionally fuck the other rankers over.....
    The more I think about it, the more Im leaning towards this being a troll thread, honestly. None of it adds up.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2021-01-23 at 08:06 PM.