Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just do what i did back in the day and say fuck off. Pvp as must has you want.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Well, if your point is wrong, how can it stand? There simply arent lines for rank 10.
    If you bothered to read what I wrote you would understand.

Just to be clear. Rank systems are competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Im not whining, not even a little bit. This doesnt directly involve me in the slightest. Im just giving you straight facts. This kids being an asshole and crying victim. Theres no way someone gave him a "timeline" for rank 10, because no cares about rank 10.. Hes not getting rank 10 faster by being in the brackets 12, 13 or 14.. Hes not getting into bracket 12, 13 or 14, unless hes trying to intentionally fuck the other rankers over.....
    The more I think about it, the more Im leaning towards this being a troll thread, honestly. None of it adds up.
    It may be a troll thread.

Bracket busters aren't hurting anyone. If someone wants to consider them as scans crossing the picket line, that's fine. Nobody is hurt by it.

Make sure to target their players,nothing beats messing these idiots' efforts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    And another thing many people aren't understanding - if you want to PVP with the boys, having beers, at 21:00 on a Saturday night, you're free to do that. You won't affect rankings, even if you pull an all-nighter and PVP for 10h straight. You can even PVP for 40h/week, either with the boys or alone, and you STILL won't reach the Honour/Hour that a consumable-using premade that is properly geared will reach. .
    If thats true why does this thread exist?

Why does this topic come up at all?

Oh, because it's quite easy to step on the fragile toes of Pvp hall monitors by just playing the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    If someone decides that they want to get in better shape so they get a gym membership and start lifting weights and doing cardio, Arnold Gymgoesenegger doesn't get to yell at them because his optimized exercise plan is affected by new guy using their preferred weights.

It's fine if a bunch of theorycrafters want to figure out how the PvP system works but they can't expect every casual/solo/regular PvPer to play the same way they do. Other people playing the game normally doesn't give you the right to react with hostility and try to bully other players out of the content. It's 100% bullshit that you seem to support this toxic ass behavior.

It's hilarious how people fought so hard to get Classic here because they wanted the old school content and gameplay, as well as the old school community... and now we've got the same toxic community that everyone complains about from live servers. This community harassing regular players because they're not interested in the theorycraft PvP community is unacceptable and you should be ashamed if you think it's normal and to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearlof View Post
    So what it’s a game? Where do you ever see something like this happening in a competitive game? The fact it even can happen is so stupid and lame -.-
    The system can be gamed to acquire the rewards more efficiently that way.

If you try to fight it, the results are the same, except:
    1.Those people will adjust their brackets and play more
    2.OP won't get R10 ASAP
    3.OP will be blacklisted by those people

Seriously, if you do not understand how the Classic PvP system works and want to go off on some philosophical rant over that behavior, go ahead, but stop replying to me please.
    By the way, this sort of thing also happened back in Vanilla, so that's even authentic.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-01-23 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilscurse View Post
    blacklisted lmao,just fucking pvp how much you can.
    If any of those fucks comes up with threats,just tell em to eat a dick then ignore.
    The problem probably is you are going to need this community if you have an objective of reaching rank 14 or so. So it's a trade-off, simply.

I'm surprised some are saying OP is a jerk for not respecting that a group try to do it in a specific order... the entitlement is real.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    He's being a shithead by PVPing, and playing the game? He's not hurting anyone, he's trying to raise in rank. If he doesn't want to join a union, then he's not obligated to do so.

I hope he continues to play hi ass off, and gets the rank he wants. As for the cartel, fuck them.
    The only answer these people can give you are is that they're not playing the right way, so they shouldn't be playing at all.

They're assholes. Fuck them. Fuck everyone that thinks they get a say in how you choose to play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The system can be gamed to acquire the rewards more efficiently that way.

If you try to fight it, the results are the same, except:
    1.Those people will adjust their brackets and play more
    2.OP won't get R10 ASAP
    3.OP will be blacklisted by those people

Seriously, if you do not understand how the Classic PvP system works and want to go off on some philosophical rant over that behavior, go ahead, but stop replying to me please.
    By the way, this sort of thing also happened back in Vanilla, so that's even authentic.
    "I don't want to entertain any discussion that doesn't involve theorycrafted PVP, so please stop talking to me."

OP can play the game however he wants. If he has fun grinding BGs all day, then that's all that matters. PvP ranks aren't private, like raid groups -- they're a public pool. Any player getting upset about this is a fucking entitled waste of bandwidth.

Oh, and this sort of thing happened back in Vanilla? Last I checked, most max-rank players got that rank by grinding it out and sharing their accounts. There wasn't some large community that banded together to exploit the specifics of the system -- there were far too many players in the system for that to be realistic -- even today, there are far more players in-game doing their own thing than there are in the various communities surrounding the game, nevermind the fact that the theorycraft community was in its infancy at the time. Yeah, there might have been some people that understood the system (though I've never seen any evidence of that), but they were by far the minority.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Oh, and this sort of thing happened back in Vanilla? Last I checked, most max-rank players got that rank by grinding it out and sharing their accounts.
    Yeh, lets bring that back, instead of co-operating..

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar45 View Post
    Except the people that the OP is talking about are a group that came together to try to make R14 obtainable at a reasonable pace for everyone that wants it.
    I know that. But it still defeats the purpose of the system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    the biggest no lifer on his own will lose to lesser no lifers working together.

now ofc, if you can find a whole team of no lifers you can hold all the rank 1 spots hostage if you want, but that's an awful lot of no lifers to find let alone keep motivated.
    shouldn't have been that hard when classic was the shit, but now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This really isn't the place for entirely external drama from a Discord community. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead