Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    What about the bugged maze in mists because apparently Blizzard can't live without putting stupid puzzle mini games into timed dungeons (they didn't learn anything from the bugged orb room in the temple of sethraliss in bfa...)
    I stopped watching it,what happened in mists?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    The issue with bans is that most players, even at the MDI level, aren't actually proficient at enough classes/specs to play them at a competitive level with bans in play. There also isn't enough money involved to make it worthwhile to develop that skill, so the level of play would drop drastically if you made teams other than the Echo team play 3+ different classes. Individual players on each team can probably do it, but I don't think any other 5man team of players that currently plays would be able to do it.
    Teams could just rotate in players who excel at a given class / spec.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    You'd still need more money for it to be worth it. It would take the same total time commitment, splitting it between people doesn't change that. If anything you'd need more time spent with more people in order to build up the same level of synergy.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    You'd still need more money for it to be worth it. It would take the same total time commitment, splitting it between people doesn't change that. If anything you'd need more time spent with more people in order to build up the same level of synergy.
    You mean a 10k share of a pot isnt enough to justify playing 12 hours a day every day for months? #shocked

I really enjoy the MDI and even the pvp tournament as well (even though I never pvp at all). It shows what the best players in the world can do with the game and gives me a few pointers as well.
    While the lack of diversity in classes/races/specs is a problem, atl east it highlights it and hopefully (as naive as I am) it makes Blizzard do something about it down the line, although the Shadowmeld is probably never gonna change.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always enjoy when Blizzards crap balance and buggy dungeons are put on display in such a widely broadcasted way. Really helps hammer home that I'm not missing out on anything by being unsubbed right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This creates more problems than it solves. Bans would just be down right awful, and it wouldn't make the MDI more interesting, people would simply have to develop back up strats, which won't be incredibly different than the standard paths, and they'd have to have more people on the team, which means more practice when they already spend tons of time with single teams, and to top it all off they'd get less money for a win because more people to split with. So bans are just making a ton of extra work for people already putting in tons while they'd get less for winning, and nothing would change for spectators.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    I stopped watching it,what happened in mists?
    The maze was bugged giving them wrong symbols or being impossible to complete. Blizz intended for the maze to be random, but identical for both - i.e. the teams wouldn't know the route, but they'd both get the same one. This didn't work. Twice. Then they said okay, the team who didn't get the bug can just complete it and the other team will run off-stream and they'll compare times. Except then they didn't do that, but chose to do a head-to-head AGAIN, this time with an identical maze that both teams knew the route beforehand. Except it wasn't.

And the commentators were clueless, going on about how "oh looks like GG chose the wrong symbol again" when they were getting things like two identical symbols but one was the exit one wasn't, because of the bug.

It really wasn't handled well and it majorly tilted GG.

That's no excuse for their performance of course (they'll be the first ones to say so) but it certainly didn't help. The fact that their MT is quitting after this MDI didn't help either, but it was an overall just very poorly handled situation.

7+ Year Old Account
    The current mdi UI is fucking horrible, it's like every mdi they change the UI to make it look worse and horrible for mobile viewing

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind MDI much and not sure why there are such strong feeling about it here.

My problem this time (and well other times) mostly is that it's 2 cookie cutter teams squaring off against each other with almost mirror compositions. This MDI it's basically VDH, Mage, Priest then 2 of the following: Hunter/UHDK/Monk and maybe Balance/Rogue.

More often than not you see a dungeon race between virtually same teams and despite what Blizzard tried to do with AoEfest - it still ends up being just that, gather the biggest deathball you can and nuke it down - all the AoE caps did nothing but exclude most of the capped specs in favor of few who are uncapped or absolute mongo overtuned capped AoE burst like Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    They made a deal with Youtube last year, and all the Blizzard competitions (OW, HS...) are broadcasted on Youtube aswell. That's shitty for the audience because Twitch is way better.

I fail to see that in retail. I don't have any issues getting invited for the level of keys at my level both in BfA and Shadowlands even with 0 r.io score and not playing fotm specs and didn't see the "GOGOGO HURR DURR" people are complaining about. And you have absolutely zero authority to lecture people about why people play video games or should enjoy games.
    Yeah totally twitch is totally better, which is why people like ZIqo who have never been banned before and been streaming WoW for 10 years just banned without told why, it's why thousands of streamers have been DMCA banned, that's totally the platform you want your games mainly hosted on a site that has chicks getting naked on it and not banned, a site with employees that have been accused of sexual assault and not been fired, a site that lags when LoL hosts any kind of tourny. TOTALLY BETTER....than youtube.

18s with 229 ilvl is a joke right?
    Our group did +17 the other side with 210 ilvl. We were 4 min too slow but didn't wipe once.
    So apparently we're all world class players now that could play in this tournament? Sad I didn't pick up they were given premade chars, because with my low ilvl I didn't even think of participating

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    Our group did +17 the other side with 210 ilvl. We were 4 min too slow but didn't wipe once.
    So apparently we're all world class players now that could play in this tournament? Sad I didn't pick up they were given premade chars, because with my low ilvl I didn't even think of participating
    thats not how it works rofl

MDI is so boring. Its just all the same comps, same strats blah blah. Just boring.

I personally like watching the MDI, however (and it's a big however) I hate the freaking UI & the casters annoy me. I watch it on my TV so unless the casters specifically repeat what spec someone is I have to get like a foot away from my TV to see what they are. They (the casters) just filler talk which is pointless, they could be talking about specific things such as builds or gear or have they even ever shown a map of the dungeon - anything would be more interesting than the commentary they stumble through 80% of the time.

I do really wish there was more variety in comps but considering people are going to take whatever they think gives them the best chance it's usually going to be the same comp across the board which is kinda depressing. I LOVE shadowmeld on my night elves so I hope they never change it but it's super broken how the teams go all night elf just so they can skip stuff.

Maybe take a look at their clear times for the dungeons they're racing. They're not just trying to complete them in time.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a difference between just completing the run and actually timing and smashing it at that.

The shit they did with some dungs was pretty mental to be fair, it's just a shame it's basically same old 3 classes one-tricking it for every last comp in all dungeons but one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    There is a difference between just completing the run and actually timing and smashing it at that.

The shit they did with some dungs was pretty mental to be fair, it's just a shame it's basically same old 3 classes one-tricking it for every last comp in all dungeons but one.
    yeh the mdi sets a dangerous president for the m+ is to be done, ppl doing m+ on live tend to take those featured in mdi as this season "meta"

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post

The format is really weird to me, 18 keys (I think?) with 229 ilvl? Who does this on live realms, it's both a higher ilvl than average while doing a considerably lower level key so it's not something you can really relate to very well at all.

This is definitely one of those "You think you do but you don't" moments. The race with high ilvl on 18's is far better than say a lower ilvl doing 22's or whatever like on live. It would crawl at a snails pace and you'd get bored after the 2nd pack. You know how long it takes those guys just to get a good run at that level and time the key? Not the mention it's only a few groups in the world capable of doing those reliably, the rest of the seeds would be 3 hour games as they struggle to finish the key, that's not what anyone wants to see, the fast paced race on a lower key with absurd pulls is just better to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    yeh the mdi sets a dangerous president for the m+ is to be done, ppl doing m+ on live tend to take those featured in mdi as this season "meta"
    The MDI has been going on with that kind of stuff for nearly 6 years now. Nobody has ever said to me in a pug that I have to pull half the dungeon into the boss or I'm a noob. People might take tips on how to handle specific situations from the MDI, but nobody tries to actually play like they do, you're wrong.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    There's always meta MDI or not. MDI just lays it bare.

It's nothing but reflection of what's going on live - Veng DH - best M+ tank. Fire Mage - desired DPS in M+. You don't need MDI for that. It's shit anyone running keys knows as is anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I don't mind MDI much and not sure why there are such strong feeling about it here.

My problem this time (and well other times) mostly is that it's 2 cookie cutter teams squaring off against each other with almost mirror compositions. This MDI it's basically VDH, Mage, Priest then 2 of the following: Hunter/UHDK/Monk and maybe Balance/Rogue.

More often than not you see a dungeon race between virtually same teams and despite what Blizzard tried to do with AoEfest - it still ends up being just that, gather the biggest deathball you can and nuke it down - all the AoE caps did nothing but exclude most of the capped specs in favor of few who are uncapped or absolute mongo overtuned capped AoE burst like Hunters.
    The AoE fests are likely in large parts because they are seriously overgeared for the keys they are doing. Sure doing 18's means its actually a race but that also means its about nuking big pulls.

Let em run 24's and I imagine you would see a lot small pulls because they simply wouldn't survive the big ones.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death