Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    That is the most ridiculous comparison I have EVER heard.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok well then tinker can be literally any race ever since Blizzard can just change the canon whenever they want right?
    Sure? I mean Monks can basically.

Some people might have a hard time accepting say Tauren Tinkers I guess but people seemed to have gotten over Taruen Paladins so....

I'm not arguing for tinkers I'm arguing against Anti-tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post

Some people might have a hard time accepting say Tauren Tinkers I guess but people seemed to have gotten over Taruen Paladins so....
    they have not gotten over tauren paladins. it is still being joked about.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    they have not gotten over tauren paladins. it is still being joked about.
    I think most people are.

I'm not arguing for tinkers I'm arguing against Anti-tinkers.
    I argue against tinker because people like Teriz want it to remain restricted to gnomes and goblins. Which makes me prefer that the class just never becomes playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I just said, pocket factory doesn't exist in canon anymore. And DKs and necromancers are different because unlike tinker, they both exist separate from each other in the game. Meanwhile, there is literally zero separation between tinker and engineer.
    Based on what? Blizzard not putting them in WoW yet?

Gazlowe and the Tinker both have claw packs in WC3 and WC3:R. According to Blizzard, that would make them canon lore. So that simply means we haven't encountered those devices in WoW yet.

Interestingly though, we've encountered the technology for Pocket Factory already;

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Town-In-A-Box

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    He’s about twice as large as a Tauren, far larger than a pocket factory.
    You mean the pocket factory which was bigger than guard towers?

So in other words you can’t find any NPC abilities in WoW that have level requirements.
    Why would I? It has nothing to do with player classes.

Rock-it turret, Deth Lazor, and Robo Goblin aren’t bombs.
    But they are technology which is covered by Engineering.

I mean what exactly are you looking for in terms of themes and avilities that Engineering doesn't cover? It seems your arguments are very specific about Technology which you deem not fit in Engineering, despite many examples of similar examples that already fit.

If you want to say a Tinker should have new abilities then sure. However your argument is that these abilities haven't been translated in the game, and Engineering already covers a bunch of that. Your specificity requiring clawpacks and pocket factories and clockwork goblins specifically is just your personal wishlist, not any means for a new class.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-01-24 at 12:41 AM.

I argue against tinker because people like Teriz want it to remain restricted to gnomes and goblins. Which makes me prefer that the class just never becomes playable.
    I mean I get why asethically those races make more sense. But it would be piss easy to write some lore about how all the playerable tinkers are the most gifted of thier races.

Based on what? Blizzard not putting them in WoW yet?

Gazlowe and the Tinker both have claw packs in WC3 and WC3:R. According to Blizzard, that would make them canon lore. So that simply means we haven't encountered those devices in WoW yet.

Interestingly though, we've encountered the technology for Pocket Factory already;

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Town-In-A-Box
    They've had the opportunity to add them for the past 16 years and they haven't. There's CLEARLY a reason for that especially after MoP and WoD giving them ample opportunity to introduce them. As a result, they just don't exist anymore and you should really stop using them as examples.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do know that the Tinker is overwhelmingly a Goblin concept right? If you don't like Goblins or Gnomes, you're probably not going to like the Tinker.

I mean I get why asethically those races make more sense. But it would be piss easy to write some lore about how all the playerable tinkers are the most gifted of thier races.
    Goblins and gnomes are the LEAST played races in the game. Making tinker restricted to those races would do nothing but piss fans off that want to try out the new class and cause next to nobody to play the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've had the opportunity to add them for the past 16 years and they haven't. There's CLEARLY a reason for that especially after MoP and WoD giving them ample opportunity to introduce them. As a result, they just don't exist anymore and you should really stop using them as examples.
    So do you think Blizzard is done bringing classes into WoW?

Goblins and gnomes are the LEAST played races in the game. Making tinker restricted to those races would do nothing but piss fans off that want to try out the new class and cause next to nobody to play the class.
    Why would fans be pissed off? If you're a fan of the Tinker you'd have no problem playing a Goblin or a Gnome. lol!

You do know that the Tinker is overwhelmingly a Goblin concept right? If you don't like Goblins or Gnomes, you're probably not going to like the Tinker.
    It has nothing to do with the aesthetics. The races themselves look like utter dogshit and their voicelines are grating. I don't care if the look of the abilities would maybe look like goblin stuff. I just don't want to play the two worst races in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. I really do. And I hope that I'm right. Because they can't even balance the ones that are already in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    And when translated to WoW those HotS abilities are almost exactly like their HotS equivalent.
    Except when they're not, right? Also, that doesn't change the fact that HotS and HotS player abilities are still non-canon to the Warcraft lore.

A mechanic that likely reflects the lore.
    That's a false statement. By logic 101, that mechanic does not reflect the lore. Character's don't simply "lose all knowledge" the time they decide to stop practicing something. I would ask you to show evidence of your claim in the lore, but I know there is none.

Still nothing on the level of a Blackfuse or a Mekkatorque.
    I have not heard of Mekkatorgue or Blackfuse ever designing a device that can bring people back from the dead, or teleport people around the planet or even between planets and even dimensions. Whereas my warrior engineer has created mechas to fight in, and other mechanic mounts.

Until they’re translated to WoW right?
    Nope. The HotS abilities still remain non-canon.

Your DH can’t hold a shield because it doesn’t work with your class and force an alteration of gameplay. It’s simple. Lore on the other hand is just a mess of writers writing over each other over and over again. It really has no place in a mechanical discussion about future classes.
    Except the basics of the lore are the same. Characters need food. Characters need water. Characters need sleep. Characters don't suddenly forget skills the moment they stop practicing said skills.

I find it hilarious that you’re willing to bend over backwards to prove that unrelated items are the equivalent of abilities, yet refuse to acknowledge that a DK is a Necromancer for “reasons”.
    Except I never said that death knights are not necromancers. I only said that death knights are not the type of necromancer we want to play as.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would fans be pissed off? If you're a fan of the Tinker you'd have no problem playing a Goblin or a Gnome. lol!
    Are you so arrogant that you cannot conceive the idea that there are people who want to play as a tech class, but do not want to play as a gnome or goblin?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Again i just asethically.

I'd probably play a goblin tinker but I'm not fussed

10+ Year Old Account
    It has nothing to do with the aesthetics. The races themselves look like utter dogshit and their voicelines are grating. I don't care if the look of the abilities would maybe look like goblin stuff. I just don't want to play the two worst races in the game.
    Then you should happily support Vulpera Tinkers then.

Yes. I really do. And I hope that I'm right. Because they can't even balance the ones that are already in the game.
    To be fair, they could never introduce another class again and people will still complain about balance.

Your arrogance really knows no bounds. Example: I'd rather not play the class if it was restricted to those horrendous races. But if it WASN'T restricted to those trash races, I'd love to play a tech class. Most people would likely feel the same considering the very VERY low number of players making goblins and gnomes.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you should happily support Vulpera Tinkers then.

To be fair, they could never introduce another class again and people will still complain about balance.
    I'd be fine with vulpera tinker....if every other race got to play a tinker. Otherwise, that would just piss me off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Except when they're not, right? Also, that doesn't change the fact that HotS and HotS player abilities are still non-canon to the Warcraft lore.
    So does that mean that the lore is meaningless? I mean we have HotS abilities in WoW, and some of those abilities are attached the classes. If we have WoW abilities that exist outside of lore, why are we wasting our time talking about lore?

That's a false statement. By logic 101, that mechanic does not reflect the lore. Character's don't simply "lose all knowledge" the time they decide to stop practicing something. I would ask you to show evidence of your claim in the lore, but I know there is none.
    This is purely head canon. You have no idea if they retain any knowledge or not. You're applying real world logic to a video game. A video game where we have talking trees and elves who can turn into birds.

I have not heard of Mekkatorgue or Blackfuse ever designing a device that can bring people back from the dead, or teleport people around the planet or even between planets and even dimensions. Whereas my warrior engineer has created mechas to fight in, and other mechanic mounts.
    A mech that is absurd to gather mats for, can't leave Broken Isles, and can't loot anything. Quite the engineering feat.

Nope. The HotS abilities still remain non-canon.
    Cool, so then canon and lore are meaningless.

Except the basics of the lore are the same. Characters need food. Characters need water. Characters need sleep. Characters don't suddenly forget skills the moment they stop practicing said skills.
    You've already stated that we have abilities that aren't canon yet exist in the game and within the classes. Why are we talking about lore? Lore is a non factor.

Except I never said that death knights are not necromancers. I only said that death knights are not the type of necromancer we want to play as.
    Sort of like Monks aren't the type of Monk you want to play as. So that means we has as much chance of getting a Necromancer class as we do another Monk class.

Are you so arrogant that you cannot conceive the idea that there are people who want to play as a tech class, but do not want to play as a gnome or goblin?
    There's always Vulpera....

- - - Updated - - -

Your arrogance really knows no bounds. Example: I'd rather not play the class if it was restricted to those horrendous races. But if it WASN'T restricted to those trash races, I'd love to play a tech class. Most people would likely feel the same considering the very VERY low number of players making goblins and gnomes.
    But other races simply don't fit the class. Just like other races simply don't fit Demon Hunter except Blood and Night Elves.

I'd be fine with vulpera tinker....if every other race got to play a tinker. Otherwise, that would just piss me off.
    But you'd still play it, that's the point.

So does that mean that the lore is meaningless? I mean we have HotS abilities in WoW, and some of those abilities are attached the classes. If we have WoW abilities that exist outside of lore, why are we wasting our time talking about lore?

This is purely head canon. You have no idea if they retain any knowledge or not. You're applying real world logic to a video game. A video game where we have talking trees and elves who can turn into birds.

A mech that is absurd to gather mats for, can't leave Broken Isles, and can't loot anything. Quite the engineering feat.

Cool, so then canon and lore are meaningless.

You've already stated that we have abilities that aren't canon yet exist in the game and within the classes. Why are we talking about lore? Lore is a non factor.

Sort of like Monks aren't the type of Monk you want to play as. So that means we has as much chance of getting a Necromancer class as we do another Monk class.

There's always Vulpera....
    Vulpera make as much sense being tinkers as trolls do. So if vulpera can be tinkers, ANY race can.

Also, necromancers and death knights are linked but not the same. Are you going to say that priests and paladins are the same because they both wield the Light?

10+ Year Old Account
    Vulpera make as much sense being tinkers as trolls do. So if vulpera can be tinkers, ANY race can.
    Trolls aren't fans of technology. Vulpera seems curious and resourceful enough. Plus who doesn't like little tech fox people?

Trolls aren't fans of technology. Vulpera seems curious and resourceful enough. Plus who doesn't like little tech fox people?
    No they don't. There is nothing in the game suggesting they are curious about tech. they're a nomad race from the desert that doesn't bother with technology much like trolls. So if vulpera can be tinkers ANYONE can be one. And I don't little fox people because furry races are cringe.