Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    They said in the Showcase that it was coming to PS4/XB1 as well.

But seeing how they had to cancel it before due to performance issues with loading in assists and all, I don't expect it to run good.

would love to be day 1 but i think no one wants another cyberfunk... shame, i wont be buying if it does not run good...

Probably wrong thread, but does anyone know if the PSVR works on PS5 in case I buy that version I can still use it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can feel the twitterverse raging

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The start of the trailer has "His story comes to an end" so I don't think Ethan will be punching boulders a few games from now.
    Saw the ending and sad to see I was correct. The next game should be interesting since we'll likely be playing as the daughter, who apparently has abilities.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I started on PS5 and holy crap the opening section was rough. Not sure if it was a bug but I had some serious input delay (which thankfully cleared up once I made it to the section from the demo) so add that with how the game forces you to walk through a pitch-black forest while forcing your flashlight to point to the ground and I wound up becoming pretty nauseous which rarely happens to me in games. I also dislike how they tell you to run but offer no indication on where to run to.

Overall the opening was a pretty poor introduction to the game but thankfully I've had no further issues since and am greatly enjoying the game so far.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Without spoiling anything, I'm about 3/4 through the game (at least what I think is 3/4 through the game) and I chose hardcore to start.

The first section of the game is one of the hardest sections in the game, aside from figuring out how to do bosses. It's just kind of brutal and you'll know when you get to it because it's in the first ~20-30 minutes of the game. Honestly now that I know how this section works it's probably not as difficult as I thought, but you'll likely be scratching your head trying to figure out why this part is so fucking hard.

To me this game is basically a combination of RE4 and RE7, kind of taking the best of both worlds (if you're a RE fan anyway).

RE4 for me was a really a good game, it just wasn't a great RE game. The puzzles were sort of lacking by comparison to other entries and aside from like two sections in the game, it wasn't really a horror game at all. That one boss where you had to freeze him was super unnerving and those zombies at the end the moved so unnaturally and you had to use that heat ray vision to kill the parasites were about the only 'scary' things in the game for me. RE7 on the other hand was a horror game for about half the game, and the only reason the horror diminished is because how RE games are designed (they naturally make you feel more confident as the game goes on with upgrades) along with a singular mob type being used in the game (slow, fast and tanky molded basically).

Part of me was worried about RE8 being far too action oriented and "thus far" it hasn't really hit that note yet, which I think is great. I'm not opposed to action oriented towards the end of RE games, as most let you go out guns blazing. RE4 again is a fun game, but giant sections of the game just has you plow through legions of enemies because that's how the game was designed. RE8? Not so much. There are plenty of pieces in the game where it's designed for you to do just that, but it still allows you to skip a lot of it if you choose.

Just a big fan of the design of RE8 thus far. Even if it falls off the rails in the last 25%, the first 75% has been an absolute blast. I'm not sure why Capcom stated they toned the horror aspects back a bit for RE8, because personally I find it just as unnerving, or perhaps more unnerving than RE7 (which I feel was the scariest RE game). Again, great mix of horror, action and puzzle solving, which is basically what I expect from the genre. When the action feels heavy there will be periods of non-action or puzzle solving to follow it. Big encounters historically offer a reprieve from action as well, so you can sort of just chill (for a bit), if you think you've accomplished something big.

You know it's kind of spooky when parts of the game take place outside when it's well lit, and you're still kind of shitting your pants. Of the three major acts I've done the game does slightly diminish (IMO) as you get further into the game, but that's not entirely uncommon. If you ask people what's the best part in RE2 they'll say the police station, while RE3 will be the streets, and RE7 will be the first two complexes of the Baker mansion. RE8 really isn't much different, and (as of now), most people are likely going to say the castle followed by the village hub area as the favorite parts in the game. I will say however, the second act in the game is pretty unique and was one of the most unnerving and scary things I've experienced in an RE game.

I'm a couple hours in on the PC thus far and it runs well but this is my first RE game since RE 2, the original version, and it seems pretty easy thus far. While I'm on standard, so that might be my fault, it's been pretty straightforward so far. Its visually pleasing though and I'm looking forward to hopefully wrapping it up over the weekend. The magic water is a bit much though.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of have to just let the magic water and herbs slide when it comes to RE games. Won't comment on the story on RE8, but RE7 (same characters) explains to a degree as to why Ethan is so resilient compared to other protagonists we play with through the series. I think the only real problem here is that they've gone out of their way to abuse Ethan and show some pretty grotesque injuries. Story beat wise, some of the characters get bit or get infected/shot in previous games (usually denoted by bandages, etc). Ethan on the other "hand" loses body parts, lol.

Not sure what the balance is on lower difficulties, but hardcore isn't exactly swimming in ammunition. I'd call myself pretty good at exploring and I do occasionally skip monsters I know won't cause me issues. From what I can tell, if you actually want to kill everything on your path you need to be pretty efficient in what tools you use to kill enemies and actually well, get things that are out of reach. If you try to kill everything in your path on hardcore and blitz towards objectives, you're pretty much forced to skip enemies completely hoping to get into a boss encounter (and even then, I'm not sure if you did a boss going in with zero ammo, that you would be able to kill a boss with what is given to you in the boss arena. Of course you can use the knife, but, yeah.

I am officially renaming Lady Dimitrescu to Lady Dimwit because holy hell is her AI terrible and easily abused. Don't know how they went from Mr.X to Nemesis.. to her.

The guy that was saying that they toned down the horror was fucking bullshitting, Beneviento house and its fucking P.T. baby is the most horrifying part of any Resident Evil game.

Finished Re8 and loved it solid 10/10 for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    The guy that was saying that they toned down the horror was fucking bullshitting.
    Ya nothing was toned down lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Hearing a lot of good about it, great horror game supposedly and moving RE series out of the realm of zombies.

Now without any spoilers, does this game pick up a bit from where Ethan and Mia left things off or is it a prequel of sorts? Just the bare minimum yet to finish the previous one
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Hearing a lot of good about it, great horror game supposedly and moving RE series out of the realm of zombies.

Now without any spoilers, does this game pick up a bit from where Ethan and Mia left things off or is it a prequel of sorts? Just the bare minimum yet to finish the previous one
    3 years after RE7, still play as Ethan.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    3 years after RE7, still play as Ethan.
    Thanks for that, guess i should finish up 7 and see what all the fuzz is about. Guess i do now know that Ethan survives but that's not too big of a spoiler and my own fault for waiting forever to finish
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

I was disappointed that the leak for the end turned out to be right tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post

The game opens with a Ethan and Mia bit before any of the village stuff.

Spoilers about the giant lycan you fight right at the beginning, don't read if you haven't finished the game yet:

You can actually kill him during that opening fight (i assume you need to be on new game+, otherwise you're simply lacking the firepower for it), you even get an achievement for it, but he then still shows up during every other part of the game where he would have shown up, which is super fucking lame.

Also, i absolutely would not call this a horror game, and i don't know which "horror factor" some people are talking about. House Beneviento is pretty spooky and basically Silent Hill, but aside from that, it's how RE has always been: a lot more goofy than horror.
    Last edited by Thelyron; 2021-05-09 at 02:30 AM.

It's a pretty cool game.
    What people complained about is that ng+ is way too easy with all the weapons and upgrades.

I saw ppl playing with unlimited ammo that you can buy in the shop. Pretty lame if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    It's a pretty cool game.
    What people complained about is that ng+ is way too easy with all the weapons and upgrades.

I saw ppl playing with unlimited ammo that you can buy in the shop. Pretty lame if you ask me.
    Who plays ng+ expecting a challenge? The whole point is to go through the game a second time over powered so you can get anything you might of missed the first time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Spicy hot take, but this might be the best non classic re