Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    yea, elemental is good. Once you get Enigma its also good, and 99 FCR. Summons are terrible in D2 - One of the other things badly wrong with the game is the balance, there is like 30-50 builds you can do, but really only like 10-20 is good. On top of item balance issues - Merch items/balance is very bad.
    I haven’t played or even looked up anything about D2 since it was the big thing (yes I loved the game and played the ever living hell out of it). Is Werebear with some summons not a good build anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    One more reason to quit. Getting easier.
    As if a new studio of about 200 people are just going to kick the door down to the WoW development offices and demand a seat at the computer or they're gonna tell mom.

A few of them may interview for positions within WoW but looks like they for the most part won't have any hands on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    As if a new studio of about 200 people are just going to kick the door down to the WoW development offices and demand a seat at the computer or they're gonna tell mom.

A few of them may interview for positions within WoW but looks like they for the most part won't have any hands on it.
    Executive Vice President of Development? She might have more of a say than you think. That’s not to say she will, but it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Hey, dont diss Lemon Sky, they did their job adequately. Blame Blizzard, they gave OK to all bullshit.
    While the game itself is busted as hell, the art is no better really. The C&C remaster is how you properly outsource art.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    While the game itself is busted as hell, the art is no better really. The C&C remaster is how you properly outsource art.
    Funny you mention that game, it was also done by Lemon Sky.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Wait, didn't the tony hawk remakes flopp like hell?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_H...2B_2#Reception

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I haven’t played or even looked up anything about D2 since it was the big thing (yes I loved the game and played the ever living hell out of it). Is Werebear with some summons not a good build anymore?
    Not at all. Only fireclaw or maul is somewhat OK - Again game balance thats so broken it makes any balance issues modern game have seem pale. Obviously they would have fixed this already in 2010, if Blizzard was still supporting the game. Fireclaw is quit cool through.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they’d give us patch 1.09 in D2 if they’re remaking it. That was the height of the games popularity by far. Once 1.10 came the servers dropped so hard. I still had fun with it myself and stayed until after 1.11 but it never compared to 1.09.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    I wish they’d give us patch 1.09 in D2 if they’re remaking it. That was the height of the games popularity by far. Once 1.10 came the servers dropped so hard. I still had fun with it myself and stayed until after 1.11 but it never compared to 1.09.
    I'm not familiar with any of this. what changes happened that hurt the game in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Hopefully it is a remake rather than remaster so they can re balance.

Also a rift system would be welcomed.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Hopefully it is a remake rather than remaster so they can re balance.

Also a rift system would be welcomed.
    What they SHOULD do is support the community and give them something new; People loved Diablo 2; the sequel, although though successful, missed the make for a lot of people. We don't need a new game or a remake, blizzard needs to take a page out of the book of Titan Quest and give Diablo 2 another expansion.

Titan quest has had 2 expansions released 10 YEARS later; the game is getting support, where is the support for Diablo 2??? One of the greatest videogames in history has just been left to languish and rot. Blizzard has not missed the opportunity to recapture the excitement of the Diablo 2 veterans....

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Wait, didn't the tony hawk remakes flopp like hell?
    It was an epic exclusive, so probably yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    It was an epic exclusive, so probably yes!
    Or it could be the fastest selling THPS game of the series, depends on if you prefer facts or feelings.

I think this is actually a good thing. My guess is, that Activision was probably tired of seeing goldmine IP's like Warcraft and Diablo being ruined by Blizzard.

Apparently Blizzard is no longer able to deliver good work on it's own - so a set of fresh eyes is needed dearly.

Make Blizzard great again and stronger !

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    That WoW expansion is quick tho....
    only because he wrote quarter 3. most wow expansions launch in quarter 4 every 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Lemon sky employees even apologized but repeated that they had to follow Blizzards directions.

Even *if* they fucked up, Blizzard still greenlit their shit.

Sounds like they’re basically replacing Blizzard classic games team since they flopped on WC3, which seems a bit odd since that game reeks of awful management and pressure from above to release early written all over it. (IE mostly not the teams fault)

And the extras will be put on random teams throughout Blizzard or let go.

Maybe more people means more than 1 new game every 5 years. We’ll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    That WoW expansion is quick tho....
    Eh, 22 months with a September release. There have been shorter expansions.

''Due to how poor Warcraft 3: Reforged was received, Blizzard wanted to avoid repeating their mistakes for Diablo 2: Resurrected.''

What did they expect XD They shat all over a game so bad, I didn't even think it would be possible. It was so ridiculous easy to make a proper reforged classic, instead they choose poorly and went for the cheap, unblizzard like quality way. They shouldn't even mention their scumbag move in the news. It was a fraud. It should have said: ''Because of cheap budget decisions, Warcraft 3: refunded has been an expected failure.''