Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I dislike the MDI as well, i can't watch a single game even though i hugely respect the players and their effort. I like AWC more but still the terrible UI makes it impossible to follow what's going on. WoW is a beautiful game but its e-sport scene is not worth my viewing time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. Split screen isn't great but u can always watch player dedicated stream. But they should make channels for each run.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    No, it's not. That's just how competitive/multiplayer games are played.
    Yes, there is always a meta but the problem with the MDI is that its PvE encounters that have been more or less solved while almost all competitive games are PvP.

I enjoy watching the RTWF because you watch them struggle and learn the fight. The MDI by comparison is just to clinical, your basically watching a well practised farm run, and that is a big part of why its so boring.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I don't know what it is but yes, I just can't really get into MDI. I try every time, because it sounds like something that might be interesting, but it's just...boring.

It is a bit better now, because they are showing you the whole screen of one team, instead of the previous shit system where they had 2 screens at once one by one. Still...it's just kind of not interesting, dunno why exactly.

And yeah, in comparison, world first race is much more interesting and exciting.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    not as much skill as being an internet tough guy though.
    What part of my post made you cry snowflake? Did you think pulling the biggest trash pull was an esport? Did you think creatively cheesing the pride buff is an esport? Go on, enlighten me on how this buggy shit is an esport?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yes, there is always a meta but the problem with the MDI is that its PvE encounters that have been more or less solved while almost all competitive games are PvP.

I enjoy watching the RTWF because you watch them struggle and learn the fight. The MDI by comparison is just to clinical, your basically watching a well practised farm run, and that is a big part of why its so boring.
    Yeah, I agree. I watch MDI occasionally to see if there's some new tech I can use for my own keys, that's about it. Watching every match gets really old unless you're specifically invested in one of the teams and care if they win. But blaming MDI for people getting declined from live keys is silly. People were getting declined because of their spec for a decade before MDI.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2021-01-24 at 07:50 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Honestly, the MDI is actually quite fun.

I dislike the whole idea behind m+ in general and would rather want to play non-timed, but harder dungeons (like mythic mechagon and karazhan) instead, but watching the MDI streams are actually fun.

tbh they should split up dungeons in normal dungeons and challenge modes again OR revisit the m+ concept, such as timed runs only giving you extra rewards and putting you on leaderboards, while doing a m+ run at any time will yield good loot and progress your key, removing the speedrunning aspect a bit so that the whole environment is less toxic.

I learned that I need to reroll dh if I want to tank, priest if I want to heal, and mage if I want to dps. I imagine that going forward it'll be 3x as hard as it was to get a group with any other class.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I learned that I need to reroll dh if I want to tank, priest if I want to heal, and mage if I want to dps. I imagine that going forward it'll be 3x as hard as it was to get a group with any other class.
    Nonsense. Every tank spec bar one and every healing spec bar one has at least one player at 2k r.io. And I'm really, really doubtful about disc priest becoming fotm in live in M+ while shaman, hpal and rdruid are more popular. Every MDI team had a mistweaver monk at the end of BfA, and it didn't make the spec more popular on M+ in live.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-01-24 at 08:29 PM.

I can't listen to that Naguura. Her voice is like nails down a chalkboard. She'd give an aspirin an headache, holy fuck!

People going ham on bashing MDI, 'uh?

Some people enjoy it, don't watch if you don't like it, and move along.

I rarely watch it, and usually just see a vod or highlight of something cool that a team pulls off. No point going crazy about it.

WoW is just not a great spectator game imo, regardless of being M+, PvP or raiding, at least for me, so i don't give it much attention.

I just dislike what e-sports have done to WoW. It turned an immersive, living, breathing world into a game of numbers and comptetition. The mentality from the top bleeds down into the bottom and I can't find refuge even there anymore. It's made folks believe that those who can't compete don't belong in WoW and I don't feel like I have a place here anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Mythic + in general was a terrible idea and poorly executed concept.

Repeating content in this game simply isn't fun. It's not fun to watch either.
    Disgaree, mythic+ was a great idea, the idea of infintely scaling dungeons to keep them relevent was really important in keeping a large portion of the game and development time engaging.

It was poorly executed.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Not really an esport when your opponent is AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinictus View Post
    Not really an esport when your opponent is AI.
    True, just like 100m sprint and other races aren't sports because you're not directly fighting other people.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post

I think this is accurate too, the RTWF is fun to watch because you get to see the learning process etc, and if it gets boring I just have it on as background noise.

For me the RWF that was dominated by boe's and a day advantage for NA is by far and away the more superior form of e-sports over MDI and AWC.

Yes, totally. Honestly surprised Blizzard haven't made a competion out of it yet. Oh nm.

People complaining about it not being fun, you know what I don't find fun? anime. You know what I don't watch? anime. Fucking mind blowing how people actually complain about a choice they have and go into the stream to say OMEGALUL THIS IS BORING. Why not just watch something different? 10 IQ people.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    18s with 229 ilvl is a joke right?
    Our group did +17 the other side with 210 ilvl. We were 4 min too slow but didn't wipe once.
    So apparently we're all world class players now that could play in this tournament? Sad I didn't pick up they were given premade chars, because with my low ilvl I didn't even think of participating
    I thought so too. But its a speed run. So you have to do crazy pulls like pulling the boss along with 5 trash mobs or something in order to beat the other team. The problem with MDI is what you see them doing will never translate to the live game experience. At least with arenas you can learn from how they set up cc, LoS, and find kill targets. MDI is just taking advantage of bugs or clear balance issues.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-01-24 at 10:35 PM.

MDI is fun to watch but also shows total imbalance in classes and spells.

I like to watch it, and I dunno why people are so picky. It's just a M+ tournament which we have leaderboard for.

Every game there is, is being speedran. Gamers do this stuff, always did and always will. If you understand the game, you will understand the ui.