Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    I've really liked Shadowlands, but our power is so out of control that the real-life equivalent would be having Vladimir Putin as our plumber.
    It isn't. We only around Legion even reached the level some of the mortal Lore characters already have, and didn't really get significantly stronger than that. Our characters are exceptional, but not outside the precedents that already existed before we got there.

5+ Year Old Account
    Our characters are among the best of their classes but their end game power depends on the weapons/armor they have.

Legion was when the players where the strongest ever.
    The weapons we had were insanely powerful.

But our power has dropped since then a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Azeroth is funneling her power to our characters. That's why we have the effect on the story that we do. That's why she's so feared, that's why everyone wants her dead or to steal her power.
    I'm pretty sure that'll be canon soon enough; Azeroth of all worlds has such unstoppable heroes because the planet itself is juicing up mortals fighting for her. That would certainly help explain why armies that have felled countless worlds get rekt by us, these other worlds weren't defended by mortals empowered by what is apparently the strongest Titan ever.

As for us suddenly being too powerful, I never got that vibe. Back in vanilla we were slaying elemental Lords, blood loas, powerful dragons, Arch-lichs and even an Old God for purples. We were random adventurers while leveling during vanilla, sure, but when we dinged 60 we already did some pretty world-changing stuff even outside raids; for example we stormed the capital city of what would become an Allied Race, slew their ruler and walked out unscathed on the way to bigger problems. It took the might of most of the Alliance to do the same in BFA. We were already pretty hot stuff, the narrative just didn't catch up yet. Sure, we did these things as a group, but so do real life soldiers. The Navy SEALs who killed Bin Laden did so as a team, but there's no way these exceptional veterans would be addressed as common rookies after that anymore.

That's what we are, fantasy SEALs, the most elite of our factions, sent to deal with the hottest problems. I do think the narrative somewhat overdoes it with NPCs fawning over us sometimes which was at its worst in Legion, but it's really not bad in Shadowlands, most of its denizens seem more curious than anything else (some like Ve'nari adding a good heaping of condescendence on top of it), and anyway we're the first time they see mortals in the flesh so some awe is to be expected.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    what bothers me is the game acts like there is only 1 maw walker its an anti mmo story
    No it doesn’t...

I've really liked Shadowlands, but our power is so out of control that the real-life equivalent would be having Vladimir Putin as our plumber.

Over the last 15 years we've stabberized every archvillain, deity, and archvillain-pantheon-of-demigod-deities, then gone back in time (Caverns AND Warlords) for repeats, then traveled to the realm of death itself just to rub it in one more time.

Our characters either need to die or ascend to godhood or something so we can start back out as something reasonable.

(And if possible I'd really like to keep this in general chat because it's not about the minutiae of lore details but the general idea that power creep has made the storyline unbelievable with our arch-god status with demi-gods as our minions.)
    We have been to powerfull from the beginning. But that is the same in EVERY game. It is like it is. We can't just fight stuff like defias. That gets boring.
    We killed gods in vanilla. where do you go from there?

Also i think we don't get more powerful anymore since wod. It is the dreaded borrowed power that keeps it in check. We are not that powerful. The help we get is the power. With corruptuions it was quite litteraly that^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    what bothers me is the game acts like there is only 1 maw walker its an anti mmo story
    It even says we are not in a cutscene and multiple times in quests... it is just something that never happens. AND for the lore there are not more players in the world than NPCs...

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    It even says we are not in a cutscene and multiple times in quests... it is just something that never happens. AND for the lore there are not more players in the world than NPCs...
    No, it doesn't say that anywhere except for a single line in Theater of Pain.

There's no real way to have lore appropriate populations and a playable game, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Our characters either need to die or ascend to godhood or something so we can start back out as something reasonable.
    WoW needs to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I'm pretty sure that'll be canon soon enough; Azeroth of all worlds has such unstoppable heroes because the planet itself is juicing up mortals fighting for her. That would certainly help explain why armies that have felled countless worlds get rekt by us, these other worlds weren't defended by mortals empowered by what is apparently the strongest Titan ever.

As for us suddenly being too powerful, I never got that vibe. Back in vanilla we were slaying elemental Lords, blood loas, powerful dragons, Arch-lichs and even an Old God for purples. We were random adventurers while leveling during vanilla, sure, but when we dinged 60 we already did some pretty world-changing stuff even outside raids; for example we stormed the capital city of what would become an Allied Race, slew their ruler and walked out unscathed on the way to bigger problems. It took the might of most of the Alliance to do the same in BFA. We were already pretty hot stuff, the narrative just didn't catch up yet. Sure, we did these things as a group, but so do real life soldiers. The Navy SEALs who killed Bin Laden did so as a team, but there's no way these exceptional veterans would be addressed as common rookies after that anymore.

That's what we are, fantasy SEALs, the most elite of our factions, sent to deal with the hottest problems. I do think the narrative somewhat overdoes it with NPCs fawning over us sometimes which was at its worst in Legion, but it's really not bad in Shadowlands, most of its denizens seem more curious than anything else (some like Ve'nari adding a good heaping of condescendence on top of it), and anyway we're the first time they see mortals in the flesh so some awe is to be expected.
    Yeah, I've asked myself the question the OP posted lots of times. This is the only thing that makes sense.

i love to play awesome games