Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Im with you OP.

Its like so fantasy that it gets boring. Dont get me wrong, i like fantasy. But i also like something i can relate, like a real world nature, with lakes, trees, snow, mountains.
    I dont mind a patch going to an outside world/plane where the zone terrain is, well, alien, but an entire expansion around it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Nah, pretty sure it's just you buddy.
    Nah man, it's not just him. I like Shadowlands and all but there is a distinct disconnect to what I'm used to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post
    Im with you OP.

Its like so fantasy that it gets boring. Dont get me wrong, i like fantasy. But i also like something i can relate, like a real world nature, with lakes, trees, snow, mountains.
    I dont mind a patch going to an outside world/plane where the zone terrain is, well, alien, but an entire expansion around it...
    It has lakes, trees, snow, and mountains, pretty bad example.
    The shadowlands are no where near an alien zone terrain
    Also the afterlife is a super big thing irl, its not like the afterlife is some made up concept for wow. a large majority of people believe of the afterlife IRL.

your opinion is your opinion of course, but your examples are horrid.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    i wonder how long people can stick with the smell of hot garbage...

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    i wonder how long people can stick with the smell of hot garbage...
    I wonder how long they will argue it smells fine.

Quote Originally Posted by belicus View Post
    I actually thought about MoP before asking this, but MoP still had stuff to tie into previous stuff, like ships and murlocs and horde/alliance camps and settlements.
    By that logic, we have the loa, Bwomsandi and Ysera in Ardenweald; Kael'Thas in Revendreth, Uther in Bastion; Kel'Thuzad, Draka and Alexandros Mograine in Maldraxxus, then we have the possibility of still seeing Arthas and Garrosh (Garrosh was maybe-kinda-sorta featured in the Revendreth "Afterlives" cinematic, and it is heavily implied that we'll see Arthas again as he seems to be tied to Uther's redemption after he tossed Arthas into the Maw without judgment).

Previous expansions all added new places and creatures, but they brought existing elements there as well. You would find the classic races of Azeroth building settlements there, you'd see murlocs, goblin towns, human castles and so on.
    Shadowlands doesn't have any of that. It's all completely different to the point where it feels like I'm playing some chinese knockoff of wow.
    Even the loading screen looks more like something out of Narnia and that movie sucked.
    Also, the fact that they added a bunch of existing characters that just sit in a corner in Oribos doesn't help.

This is my main gripe with the expansion and wanted to ask if anyone feels the same way.
    Bruh they literally just got there trying to save people who were abducted and you over here like "why aren't they building castles?!?!?"

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that's what I meant.
    I probably should've mentioned in the title that I mean thematically so as not to confuse the speed readers.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant like when they skirt copyright laws. We don't have dwarfs digging for gold, instead we have grudges digging for anima or something similar. And I expected dwarfs from wow and the expansion to be set in a way as to accommodate the iconic things.
    This is the dumbest fucking criticism I've ever seen.

Previous expansions all added new places and creatures, but they brought existing elements there as well. You would find the classic races of Azeroth building settlements there, you'd see murlocs, goblin towns, human castles and so on.
    Shadowlands doesn't have any of that. It's all completely different to the point where it feels like I'm playing some chinese knockoff of wow.
    Even the loading screen looks more like something out of Narnia and that movie sucked.
    Also, the fact that they added a bunch of existing characters that just sit in a corner in Oribos doesn't help.

This is my main gripe with the expansion and wanted to ask if anyone feels the same way.
    you know im a rogue and i think that too.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

3+ Year Old Account
    Well, whatever 'theme' Shadowlands is, I'm loosing interest in it. The only Covenant with Bwonsamdi in it is a damn NElf zone where troll/Horde characters literally get told to f**k off by Tyrande. But, at least he's no in Maldraxxus, a vomit-inducing realm full of stiched monstorosities and slime
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which was only possible because of Uther's fiddling. And if you had paid any attention to the quests, you'd have known that.

Look, if you're not going to pay any attention to the story, you don't get to complain about not understanding it.
    Oh puh-lease, get off your high horse and go run through the Bastion storyline again. If you need aid, I'll even supply you with the Wowpedia rundown of the storyline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Uther is all dark and black compared to the kyrians you know, the guy he's talking to is super shady about what they were talking about, and a few questions he goes dark and black like him and the place gets attacked by a bunch of black angels. It gets revealed pretty quickly.
    Quite, but that's not really playing a major role - which he does eventually, but only for those who align themselves with the Kyrian covenant.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Quite, but that's not really playing a major role - which he does eventually, but only for those who align themselves with the Kyrian covenant.
    When did the goalposts change from "active role" that Huth had set to "major role"?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    When did the goalposts change from "active role" that Huth had set to "major role"?
    Oh please, now you are just arguing semantics.

Oh puh-lease, get off your high horse and go run through the Bastion storyline again. If you need aid, I'll even supply you with the Wowpedia rundown of the storyline.
    You first. Especially the second time he shows up is a rather major moment and the entire reason you get sent to Courage in the first place, and missing it is pretty hard since it is a campaign quest that is required to proceed.

- - - Updated - - -

When Venziir realised they couldn't "win" otherwise, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh please, now you are just arguing semantics.
    That's not semantics, that's a completely different meaning.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You first. Especially the second time he shows up is a rather major moment and the entire reason you get sent to Courage in the first place, and missing it is pretty hard since it is a campaign quest that is required to proceed.

- - - Updated - - -

When Venziir realised they couldn't "win" otherwise, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not semantics, that's a completely different meaning.
    "They"? How many people do you think I am? I'm done here, no reason to waste my time arguing with an arrogant douchenozzle.

Counterquestion where do you see the game go if they don't introduce new stuff?

No. MoP didn't feel like World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    You mean Panda Island Adventure? No, not even close to it. However, its probably better than the last few heapings of slop were had.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vluggedaafie View Post
    Counterquestion where do you see the game go if they don't introduce new stuff?
    You build off of what worked and was highly successful (eg TBC / Wotlk). and add new and exciting places / content to what worked. Not change the formula into what no one (or a much smaller audience) really wants.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    The expansion which, litterally, started with the Horde and Alliance fighting each other? Mmmkay.

5+ Year Old Account
    It was admittedly very different to what we had seen before, but it tied neatly into two of the main storylines of WoW, i.e. the faction war and the Old Gods. It was also quite more cohesive and thematically clear, both from a visual and from a lore point of view. SL feels like HD versions of random Azeroth zones (except the Maw, which is also a heaping pile of trash, albeit for other reasons) haphazardly put together... Wait, actually they aren't even together, you have to take long ass flight paths to go from any of those zones to any other.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

It literally started with Horde versus Alliance, the immediate threats were two different groups of Old God minions and two groups of Titan minions gone crazy, and ended back in Azeroth.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.