Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    it's still ADHD.
    Using ADHD like an insult, lol.

And you're talking down to others for not being informed, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And chess is, get this, a game. Hence it counts as gaming.
    Uhh it's not a video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the functional difference.

Chess is literally a turn based strategy game, rofl. It's just a thousand years older than Total War.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Those 'puzzles' are ridiculously easy and designed to give you a dopamine fix. You think you've accomplished something and addictively chase after that feeling again. Not designed to turn you into Einstein, sorry.

And yes, I'm old, but the stigma should still be there. Now all the cool kids are playing, so why question how dumb it is, right? As long as the cool kids are doing it. /s
    You are not old; every post, every thread has you come off as some self-loathing teen or pre-teen.

I recall long ago when my ophthalmologist asked me how fast do I read...how many words or pages in an hour? My response; " I don't see words, I see pictures...hear conversations.." At which point I quoted word-for-word a page from Feist's "Magician" (part of the scene when Tomas and Dolgan sat the deathwatch of Rhuagh the golden dragon) I don't think I could do that today. But that's not because of games.

Winning the chess tournament is like writing a literary novel. Winning at Blizzcon is like writing a picture book..
    this made me laugh well done its the best post youve done to date imo.

I have read my fair share of fantasy books. Other novels, stories etc. I love reading. Don't get me wrong. But none of them compares to the visuals I am given while playing a nice rpg game. Recently I started tales of zestiria. An old game. The narration was bonkers at the start. putting those pieces in order was up to me. I imagined, I pondered and connected the points.

I still remember the joy I had reading the whole Dragon Lance series, imagining everything in my head.
    But, it is nowhere close let's say to the experience I had when playing, Chrono Trigger, Tales of Phantasia or Trails of Sky series etc.

I can connect with the characters if it is a good rpg.
    I can only agree with you when it comes to smartphone games. Not all but most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving the goalposts.

Please forgive the goalposts metaphor as it it a degenerate reference to gaming.
    /s

kek
    there is more intellectual stimulation in a single super expert one screen puzzle of super mario maker than most of the entire literature production of the last century
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yes it fucking is. Are you dense? Chess has been a video game for literal decades. And it's progressed to the point where the average chess AI can kick your ass unless you gimp it. Compared to when it took a literal super computer to defeat a GM. Stop with your horseshit.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a poor job at moving them as well since I've owned multiple chess video games over the years and currently get my fix through one since playing in person is problematic.
    Lol no one is talking about Chessmaster 2000 for your PC!

5+ Year Old Account
    This is closed. We don't need threads bashing activities this website is primarily for.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."