Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Honeymoon is over. I raid log now. M+ is not and never has been fun or interesting content to me. WQ's aren't rewarding enough to do more than a group of callings every three days to finish up the reps. PVP is in the least fun state I've ever played in. Torghast is fun but with no more rewards to chase after and the soul ash being super easy to get it feels a little pointless. But the raid is a lot of fun so I'm still subbed and am having a good time when I log in. But after it's over I go play GW2 or ESO because both of those games are objectively more fun at this point in their lives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    I definitely got bored of this expansion faster than BFA or Legion. It didn't help I never cared about the idea of Shadowlands or the story it's doing and I am still annoyed Nazjatar and Nya'lotha got shoved into patch content. Gameplay wise what kept me in WoW is playing alts and this expac is not good for alts at all. WQ are terribly unrewarding, emissaries (callings) are garbage 99% of the time, anima is way to damn rare, conduits could just not exist for many classes/specs and you wouldn't even notice and gear is far too rare. Raiding wise I find CN way to overtuned to want to do mythic plus I really am just tired of the color red by this point so I got my AOTC and am done with raiding till the next tier and hopefully a better tuned raid. I also find it ridiculous we still don't have a .5 balance patch on the PTR.

Now I'm sure raid loggers or people who want an MMO that they can spend 10 minutes a day on are loving every moment of this expac but honestly I want more than that from an MMO.
    As a raid logger I also want more from an mmo. I'm just going other places to get it now too.

It’s basically still WoW.

You level up, see the new zones.

Do new dungeons and the new raid.

Do some pvp.

Try and get some gear.

The details change a bit every expansion it it’s basically the same thing.
    Last edited by Argorwal; 2021-01-25 at 01:35 AM.

Its pretty concerning we are only 2 months in and the state of the game is pretty dire, the only good thing is the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaibhan View Post
    Honeymoon is over. I raid log now. M+ is not and never has been fun or interesting content to me. WQ's aren't rewarding enough to do more than a group of callings every three days to finish up the reps. PVP is in the least fun state I've ever played in. Torghast is fun but with no more rewards to chase after and the soul ash being super easy to get it feels a little pointless. But the raid is a lot of fun so I'm still subbed and am having a good time when I log in. But after it's over I go play GW2 or ESO because both of those games are objectively more fun at this point in their lives.

- - - Updated - - -

As a raid logger I also want more from an mmo. I'm just going other places to get it now too.

Yea but you raid log due to a lack of shit to do which I see as a bit different. And yea M+ is always hit and miss for me. It can be fun if you have a set group but outside that good luck if you aren't playing a meta class. I do think SL M+ are a bit too strict with their timers and the new affixes punish melee way too much which also goes into creating the meta of not taking melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    It's not because you've done it all that it starts to feel boring, I have only done 20 to 30 percent of SL so far. I'm just not interested in SL as much as I am in the non SL WoW content.
    That's a you thing, though. There's no way they can guarantee new content will appeal to every person.

Quote Originally Posted by james2400 View Post
    Its pretty concerning we are only 2 months in and the state of the game is pretty dire, the only good thing is the raid.
    It's because they made the game all about chores that weren't fun for power for the last few expacs then they removed the requirement for having to do the chores without improving the game play.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    old content must not be ignored and rendered irrelevant which is currently the case for raids only (compared to leveling dungeons/different expansion questing).
    Why not? Why must it be relevant? Almost every other game in the history of gaming moves FORWARD, new content, new items, new mechanics - why do you think WoW should do something different and waste dev time mucking around with outdated, irrelevant content?
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-01-25 at 02:02 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    - dungeons are great
    - raid is ok
    - pvp is shit
    - world quests suck
    - too little anima
    - classes mechanically ok, need numbers tuning though
    - covenant abilities not balanced at all, needs a fix
    - pve gearing sucks, m+ ilvl way too low
    - not alt friendly
    - 2 wings of torghast every week on every character is a horrible chore
    - torghast rewards are shit
    - maw is a horrible chore, doing weeklys on my main, alts don't even step into maw other than going to torghast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    - not alt friendly
    What specifically do you feel is not alt friendly?

This was easily the quickest I gave up on an expansion.

The core game is fine but the seemingly endless to-do list to keep up with the gear curve is too daunting for someone whose game time is more and more limited. I just feel exhausted with what I need to do when all I WANT to do is casual bg's. But getting stomped by people with twice my health and doing twice as much damage just isn't fun.

And now with max levels being able to queue into low level bg's I can't even feel fair fights there.

Back to Guild Wars 2 for me!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What specifically do you feel is not alt friendly?
    Too many weekly (and daily if you minmax) chores.

Also the mandatory build up including the full covenant campaign and grinding through 8 layers of torghast is fucking painful.

Oh and the Bolvar questline....
    Last edited by Puupi; 2021-01-25 at 02:16 AM.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I had fun but im at the point now where renown unlocks so slowly and it doesn't even matter because i dont have the anima to buy shit anyway lol. So I'll prob just resub in 9.1 or 9.2.
    i'm not sure i'll even resub but this is otherwise where i am at. i'm just logging on once or twice a day to stockpile anima in case i actually decide to sub again but there is nothing to do. everything is either so unrewarding or so broken i don't want to do it. it took 6 weeks (i'm ignoring the first two weeks of the expac because that is more of a testing phase) for blizz to even address convoke the wild and they barely touched it.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoloMmofriendly View Post
    The problem has been gradually over time blizzard changed it from an effort reward based system into one big giant time gated slot machine.

Wow......someone has summed up my thoughts very succinctly! 2 slices of virtual pie for you tonight!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    What world do you live in that M+ is "solid". This is the worst iteration of M+ yet...
    Yeah, I love how M+ was crazy fun in Legion, somewhat OK in BfA (especially S3), and now it's basically pointless except for getting more chances from the weekly vault, which is where all your gear comes from - unless you are into the 1 shot fest that is PvP atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Too many weekly (and daily if you minmax) chores.

Also the mandatory build up including the full covenant campaign and grinding through 8 layers of torghast is fucking painful.

Oh and the Bolvar questline....
    So what alternative do you envisage for alts? They hit max level and are granted a 200 ilvl set, full reps, weeklies & Torghast automatically complete without doing them, And all major story quests just auto complete? Genuine question, because those things just sound like "playing the game".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Yeah, I love how M+ was crazy fun in Legion, somewhat OK in BfA (especially S3), and now it's basically pointless except for getting more chances from the weekly vault, which is where all your gear comes from - unless you are into the 1 shot fest that is PvP atm.
    Havnt got into PvP yet as life has me too busy, dont a few random bg';s and seen a LOT of people getting gibbed - is it really that bad?

I’m as meh about it so far as I was for bfa. Which scares me. Even WoD started out better than bfa and shadowlands IMO. I straight up hate covenants. I thought it would be a cool rpg element, but it’s so poorly balanced if you don’t pick the right covenant you are screwed. It’s not even close. I didn’t have high expectations, but jeez they could at least try something to address it.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    there is nothing to do. everything is either so unrewarding or so broken i don't want to do it.
    So you have either completed mythic or are not interested in raiding, but im confused - what would you like to do? What content would interest you? Personally I think raiding, pvp, and dungeons are quite rewarding. I realise some are upset that they feel M+ rewards are not high enough, but i dont agree with that at all, and im just not sure how the content would be more rewarding for you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    I straight up hate covenants. I thought it would be a cool rpg element, but it’s so poorly balanced if you don’t pick the right covenant you are screwed. It’s not even close.
    What content are you running that you feel your decision could "screw" you?

Kinda gave up on my main already. Been playing an alt the last week or so, but I know I'll get bored once I get caught up. The expansion sucks.

So you have either completed mythic or are not interested in raiding, but im confused - what would you like to do? What content would interest you? Personally I think raiding, pvp, and dungeons are quite rewarding. I realise some are upset that they feel M+ rewards are not high enough, but i dont agree with that at all, and im just not sure how the content would be more rewarding for you?
    so here is my big issue with each. i'm not a big pvper. nothing will probably make me pvp long term. i just don't like wow pvp.

for m+, the loot drops are so scare and varied. when you go into a m+, you know that only 2 of the 5 people are going to get gear AND that gear will come from a combined loot pool instead of individual bosses like it used to be. i'd personally change m+ to be more like how dungeons always have been. at the end of a run, there would be one piece of loot in the end chest PER BOSS in the dungeon. so 3 pieces for a 3 piece dungeon and 5 for a 5 boss dungeon. the trade off between dungeons with different numbers of bosses would be speed and guaranteed loot. a 3 boss dungeon will be quicker but you may not get a piece and vice versa for 5 boss dungeons. i don't know if that would be enough to make it rewarding but it could be slightly expanded more by instead of a piece of gear dropping in the chest, it's a token that allows you to choose from which boss item pool you can pick from. this would allow you to more accurately target an item without making the drop 100%.

lastly, i don't do mythic raiding. i used to but i'm not a fan of banging my head against a wall for dozens of pulls. i want challenge in my games but personal challenge is more my type. mythic raiding isn't personal challenge, it's a group challenge and i am elitist enough to start pulling at my hair when i see people failing at a simple mechanic more than a few times. that's why i limit myself to heroic raiding with a guild i trust. the only reason raiding doesn't feel rewarding to me is because of the massive loot drop nerfs. i and many other people have complained of that feeling where if you get a drop on a boss, you just know you aren't getting anymore loot so that piece better be useful. i'm perfectly happy with titanforging being gone because it just ruined gear progression and the rewarding feeling of getting a good piece. but blizz went way too far the other way. i was even happy with warforging. while a item not getting WF was a let down, it never felt to me like it was needed like TF was. the loot needs to be brought back to roughly 4/5 items per 20 people.

also, in regard to your question to brocksley, i have guildies who will kick people just so they can have the covenant bonus from a dungeon or a person who isn't in the optimal covenant. THAT is the issue with covenants. if you want to run even middle tier content, idiots and tryhards will deny you simply because of your covenant. an issue me and many others saw coming and kept trying to warn people about. the option with covenants isn't which covenant you want to be in, it's do you want to be accepted into groups or not.

- - - Updated - - -

What content are you running that you feel your decision could "screw" you?
    Compare the difference between a venthyr hunter and a night fae one. Single target is almost 1000 dps different and aoe is almost 2000 dps different.

Source of simulations: https://www.wowhead.com/guides/marks...imulations-aoe