Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shaqar View Post
    Am I the only person who actually likes this concept? And by no means was it implemented succesfully.
    Because the ilvl got way to high thanks to titanforging..
    I also miss the days of reforging but for some lame reason(s) we can't have that back..
    It's like gambling.

Am I the only person who actually likes this concept? And by no means was it implemented succesfully.
    I also miss the days of reforging but for some lame reason(s) we can't have that back..
    No, I do not want it back.
    That said, I dieslike the current system even more.

More or less getting all or at least most of your gear from the weekly chest feels very, very unrewarding and boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    def. bro, but there are many other threads open, you might want to tune into them

WF/TF is fine if done in a model that happened like it was working in MOP. Which is, players had justice/valor point to level up gear and could raise the item level of their gear to match the WF/TF levels.

no

i dont like the low drop rate we currently have on loot but screw WF/TF i like having an endpoint to aim towards

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sesethi View Post
    WF/TF is fine if done in a model that happened like it was working in MOP. Which is, players had justice/valor point to level up gear and could raise the item level of their gear to match the WF/TF levels.
    you still couldnt though because those with WF gear could upgrade it higher still

No thanks. I don't need anymore RNG and i'm perfectly fine with the reduced loot amount - it makes drops more significant.

I'd like to see old reforge to come back for sure. It got removed because people "had to sim their character for every drop and see if it's better", but it's exactly what we always did before and still do right now lol (thanks RaidBots for the Top Gear section cause it's superuseful and makes things easier).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

No. Bring back more sockets/meta gems and reforge.

Hell no.

I love the idea that i can target specific items, i love the idea that i have bis items, i love the idea that the gearing isn't infinite progression hunting for sockets or 3 more itemlevels with 0,000001% chance.

However i would be fine with reforging.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish it came back, like in legion I loved it

I'd like to see reforging back, I don't know why some players hate it so much.

wf/tf is vastly superior to the current model.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Two main problems with reforging.

1) Back then we had hit and expertise stats with hard caps, so you had to use an addon to properly reforge your gear to waste a minimal amount of stat budget. Without an addon you simply couldn't compete.

2) With reforging, you had to go back to town to reforge each new piece of gear before wearing it. This was in addition to gemming and enchanting, one more step between getting and equipping phat lewt.

Warforging also had major problems, but I don't think many players complaining about it predicted that the devs would drastically reduce droprates when removing warforging to ensure that every drop felt meaningful. If we knew that, we may have been a bit less vocal about it.

Valor points were a great system where every single boss provided something of real concrete value. So even if you didn't get your drop, you got something you cared about, something that progressed your character incrementally towards improving his gear. Today you can beat a raid of 10 bosses and walk out with literally nothing of real value whatsoever, having completely wasted your time.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2021-01-25 at 01:36 PM.

This is a pretty classic example of wow's designers missing what the actual problem is. The problem is how many difficulties there are within a tier. That's what causes the loot problem. They have a real knack for creating a problem and then creating solutions rather than walking back the problem they created. If each tier was much flatter, a lower drop rate would feel fine, because you would be acquiring best in slot relatively quickly. The problem is not the low drop rate itself. The problem is a low drop rate with best in slot too far out of reach.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Yes OP, there is like 14 WoW players total in the world that don't like that idea. But Blizz reduced drops for everything but pvp this xpac and its obvious they want that to take longer.

Being able to make every drop count circumvents their artificial slow down of the gearing process.

Gearing is the game. They get it now. That's why it always resets, so we can play WoW again.

I would like the upgrade part, but not the randomness part. Give every item a rank system with +5/+10 ilvl. But don't make random upgraded items drop. Instead let higer m+ give more currency, up to a weekly cap, that expands like the conquest cap.

That way you have consistent progress, hc gear can never reach mythic gear, M+ gear can get to mythic levels and you never kill a boss without some form of compensation.

Now, is this system needed? For me personally no. I like the current system, where you get one or two guaranteed upgrades per week. But valor could supplement that to appease the "omfg, I did not get any looooooooot, Blizz fix this !!!11" crowd, that sadly infests WoW since WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    It's like gambling.
    Playing pve for loot is literally gambling with your time.

*pvp escapes this largely with exception to some pve pieces being BiS in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Gearing is the game. They get it now. That's why it always resets, so we can play WoW again.
    I mean, there are still those that play the game for the game's and for the community's sake. To have fun with your guildies and such.

just let normal WF to just under heroic, 200 -> 210 or something, heroic 213 -> 223, just below mythic?

I absolutely loved warforging. It could turn a trash piece of gear into something at least usable/beneficial and keep me from having to run the same damn dungeon over and over again , watching other people get a drop I needed.

It's a damn sight better than all the garbage I get from world bosses and WQ's, and mythic keys. "Oh gee thanks for the haste/verse bracers for my crit/mastery focused spec after all that work. "
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Would rather not... otherwise You’ll find M+ groups that demand 900 RIO and have titanforge in all slots to have a chance at joining a +4 group