Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    True, but it is a different universe, it has perks like super powers and intergalactic aliens and space faring races, Thor, Captain Marvel , the Cree it has a sci fi component even if it is set in present time earth.

MCU does have some heroes in a sci fi setting, some in hi tech, some in the future etc. I had it listed because of Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor
    Technically, you do not have it listed. You have Guardians of the Galaxy listed.

And there are no heroes in the future. There are some hi-tech heroes...but, as stated, that tech is pretty much limited to those individuals. If you were living in the MCU...your life would probably be mostly the same...except for the fact that there is a 50% chance you got snapped out of existence and blipped back in 5 years later.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does "Tron: Legacy" count?

Tron universe hands down If I could.

Otherwise... 5th element

7+ Year Old Account
    A human of earth, living on mars, in Jon Carter universe, princess of mars stuff

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    The Expanse... it's the most believable (minus protomolecule)

And who in the flying fuck would have wanted to live in W40k universe??? It's a suicide just thinking about it

Star Trek, live on earth, be a holodeck-program writer. Best life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Star Trek, no contest.

Final Space, seems like it would be a lot of fun unless you end up on ont he wrong side of a Titan.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

5+ Year Old Account
    Why isn't Starcraft included? This is just a blizzard news website...

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-01-25 at 09:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well since its not a option. X-universe.

At least it has some danger.

If I'm in the Marvel universe do I have powers? or am I just a regular human?

If the answer is the latter then put me in the star trek universe.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    who would pick these, they obviously dont like being alive.

Nowhere - get to chill out in a utopia
    hitch hikers the galaxy - remember to bring a towel
    red rising universe - id be a fucking pixie
    Warhammer 40k might be okay, if you get to choose time and place. And species. Like being Eldar, before it started to go into shit with decadence that gave birth to Slaanesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Because Earth isn't part of any advanced tech that comes with such a universe.

But we do have a sorcerer supreme, so it's all good!
    Earth isn't the measure for Sci Fi. And it doesn't say that you would be a person living on Earth.

---

I would go with Star Wars personally, but there are a lot of good in a lot of them. I mean Star Trek has a lot of good and is generally safe at points.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Star Trek as well. Pretty chill life (until someone forces you to wear red uniforms).
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2021-01-25 at 11:42 AM.

If I had to choose, perhaps Known Space, Tree-of-life is a wonderful cure to mid-life-crisis I heard, if exploring with your own FTL ship, or just being a flatlander with access to boosterspice isn't your thing.
    Last edited by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang; 2021-01-25 at 12:38 PM.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Technically, you do not have it listed. You have Guardians of the Galaxy listed.

And there are no heroes in the future. There are some hi-tech heroes...but, as stated, that tech is pretty much limited to those individuals. If you were living in the MCU...your life would probably be mostly the same...except for the fact that there is a 50% chance you got snapped out of existence and blipped back in 5 years later.
    IT's a fair point, but it is a different enough world as it is, our world doesn't have visitors from alien worlds nor does our reality have that level of sci-fi component, don't you think that qualifies to have it there. And yes, I did liist Guardians because at least it's obvious that is sci-fi, rather than say Ironman. Thor would also qualify - presuambly you would be living in that universe, not necessarily earth, earth isn't available in Star wars universe, so in theory you don't have to be on earth, even if it is a part of the universe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Earth isn't the measure for Sci Fi. And it doesn't say that you would be a person living on Earth.
    Exactly, Earth (whatever state it is in) is not a requirement nor the benchmark, Battlescar Galactica tiemline, earth is in prehistory setting, do we exclude that because earth isn't in that state? no.

Not listed, but the Stargate universe 100%. The prospect of just being able to step through a stargate to visit another planet would be absolutely amazing.

Stargate is not on the list.
    No changes here on Earth.
    But be part of Stargate program,visit so many worlds out there.Fly to Atlantis,see the spaceships.
    That would be good

10+ Year Old Account
    So, problem with Sci-Fi universes are there is almost always some sort of existential threat to deal with, but ill bite.

I have a few that i think would be interesting:

The Expanse seems closest to real already (minus the PM and Gate stuff). I don't think id chose that because look at all the living condition issues; Job lotto on Earth, Mars is literally living in a tube run by the military, and the belt is harsh and cruel.

Gundam would be the only time id of tried to join a military in my life, to work with and support giant robots is a childhood dream, and that is not even considering be eligible to pilot (which id assume is harder than being a pilot in the Air Force is now). As controversial as it is, i think SEED would have the best living conditions for the average Joe.

Modern Star Trek is the closest to Utopia we would see, i imagine the average citizen has no ideal the huge crisis that exist in the universe and that means the average Joe could live pretty comfortably, plus HoloDeck tech would probably make for a fun time (though i imagine Holodeck addiction would be a real problem).

Finally the one id think would be the most fun. Zoids in the New Century era. Life is rough on the planet Zi sure, but if you get to be on a Team, you are participating in largely none life threatening combat trials, with again, GIANT FREAKING ROBOTS.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Blame! setting
    probably i wouldnt survive a single week, but damn if that enormous aseptic buildings will be nice to live
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    True, but it is a different universe, it has perks like super powers and intergalactic aliens and space faring races, Thor, Captain Marvel , the Cree it has a sci fi component even if it is set in present time earth. r
    But we'd all be Joe Average there, most struggling to make ends meet., Unlike say, a "Star Trek" universe where you or I would at least live a long comfortable age.