Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Really? Outside of weird class balance and...WINTERGRASP...

I am having a massive blast with Shadowlands PVP. I'll take all this overpowering and PVP gear being worth it over PVP scaling and HoA shit.
    Exactly! I only enjoy doing pvp content and when i reach max level now i only need to do pvp to be able to do pvp, its amazing and i love it. Feels like MoP for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    They seem to be fine with the hundred or so dungeons from the past 15 years during 10 to 50 leveling.
    So do you think that people will be running normal level dungeons(raids) for fun when their ilvl is way way above the rewards? Because no one is doing mechanics in the old dungeons. Look at TW. One or two people can actually do it. Other are just hitting a wall, quite literally in some dungeons...

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    So do you think that people will be running normal level dungeons(raids) for fun when their ilvl is way way above the rewards? Because no one is doing mechanics in the old dungeons. Look at TW. One or two people can actually do it. Other are just hitting a wall, quite literally in some dungeons...
    The difficulty of TW is directly proportional to how many people in the group have a high level Heart of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had more fun in Warlords of Draenor than i have in any of the past 3 expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    The difficulty of TW is directly proportional to how many people in the group have a high level Heart of Azeroth.
    What I meant that if you want some actual rewards and content and not just "well, do this while leveling" - because that's what we have already now, they will have to make the mechanics matter so one player wont carry it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Well, the campaign is not tied to daily/weekly tasks now, is it?
    When have I ever claimed so?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    When have I ever claimed so?
    You did not. But you claimed that renown is tied to weekly/daily tasks, which is false, since SL gives you other options; that's the part of your post I'm critizing.

Also another question: Which classes are you playing, that you have to play 4 different venthyr characters? Venthyr is the covenant that has the least "best covenant for spec X in scenario Y" suggestions overall, how did you wind up getting 4 of your characters in there? I would assume that you purely chose by performance, otherwise one would pick another covenant, just to change things up a bit and experience other content.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    People need to stop treating M+ as a loot pinata.

M+ is fun because of pushing higher keys, faster times and increasing raider.io score.

Or for adding slots to the vault.

Going into M+ and expecting loot is dumb af.

If you took 30 seconds to see my folow up reply, it has literally nothing to do with loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    It's not even just that to me, it's like some of the bosses are just vastly overtuned and overly difficult for no reason on Tyrannical weeks(like Margrave Stradama and Dealer Xy'exa). Every single one of the new affixes are overly punishing to melee players that force us to frequently lose uptime on trash or bosses because of how they work. And in my opinion the worst part is how drastically strong some specs are compared to others in just raw damage because of the garbage AoE cap being put on SOME BUT NOT ALL specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

15+ Year Old Account
    But you claimed that renown is tied to weekly/daily tasks
    No I didn't.
    Also another question: Which classes are you playing, that you have to play 4 different venthyr characters? Venthyr is the covenant that has the least "best covenant for spec X in scenario Y" suggestions overall, how did you wind up getting 4 of your characters in there? I would assume that you purely chose by performance, otherwise one would pick another covenant, just to change things up a bit and experience other content.
    venthyr resto shaman, venthyr guardian druid, venthyr blood dk, venthyr mistweaver monk.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The think I hate more than ever (and I thought it couldn't get w0rse than some Legion zones or Naz) is the sheer maze-like structure to navigate places, with Revendreth bing just a shitshow. It might look beautiful in the blood and gothic ruins way...but all the times I am at a quest or NPC marker and find out I have to navigate in a huge detour to also get up like three levels? And ofc through zones with a big mob density?

Yeah...maybe there are people who find this immersive and love the danger? It is just the worst ever.

My dps alts have a saddle blanket, my alts with a tank specc switch to that....so at least the daze and dismount can be neutralized. Which made me scream in frustration befor I get it. In those zones a dismount usually also mean a corpserun.
    The mob density in specific zones are absolutely bonkers. There's nearly no safe place for people to just explore for exploring sake.

I think they saw the success of Suramar's density and replicated it. Badly.

I don't have a honeymoon phase, nor a nostalgia phase.

And SL remains decent. Not great, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post

Agreed, WQs are pretty painful to do. IDK why, but they really suck so far.
    Most are so out of the way, in dense mob situations, and no flight whistle. Fighting my way into the area only to have to end up having to do 3 WQs in one which ends with me killing a high hp quest boss mob.

Enough with the 20 minute WQs

No I didn't.
    It is mandatory, unique character power is tied to those REPEATABLE daily/weekly chores.
    Well, if you don't mean renown, then what mandatory, unique character power upgrade is tied to repeatable daily chores? Weekly might be Soul ash, I give you that, but what requires daily activity? Also soul ash is more often than not a one time thing, since in most cases there is a strictly best legendary. So once you have it you don't need to run Torghast anymore.

venthyr resto shaman, venthyr guardian druid, venthyr blood dk, venthyr mistweaver monk.
    Well, on at least two of them venthyr is not the solely optimal choice. You could have varieed your story experience here to avoid the boredom of having to play the same campaign over and over again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you don't mean renown, then what mandatory, unique character power upgrade is tied to repeatable daily chores? Weekly might be Soul ash, I give you that, but what requires daily activity? Also soul ash is more often than not a one time thing, since in most cases there is a strictly best legendary. So once you have it you don't need to run Torghast anymore.
    soul ash and stygia.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, on at least two of them venthyr is not the solely optimal choice. You could have varieed your story experience here to avoid the boredom of having to play the same campaign over and over again.
    Thanks for your valuable input on my personal covenant choice on these characters without you knowing jack shit about my reasoning behind said choices.

Tbh I will probably let my sub expire until 9.1 which could be a few months away. The renown catch up is really good, so I'm happy to jump back in at a later date and catch up on some other games.
    I actually thought the story campaign would continue to renown 40 so I was a bit dissapointed with that.

Drip-fed "content" (2-3 braindead story quests you do in 15 minutes is lazy design)
    WQ are worse than ever
    Covenant rewards are just reskins at this point and take too long to get
    Torghast is untapped potential in its current state, though can be mildly enjoyable
    Dungeons are uninspired and there aren't enough of them. M+ is in dire need of an actual shake up anyways
    Most specs are good, but nothing approaches great
    CN is a pretty bland raid - aesthetics are mainly just brown empty rooms with a boss in them, or too much red everywhere. Outside of Shriekwing and Xy'mox, the mechanics for most fights are pretty boring standard stuff. Stone Legion is one of the worst bosses every created, and it's also overtuned and unrewarding because of the loot issues.

I am hopeful that patches will add some much-needed zest to the pot - new raid / dungeons, better world content, heritage armor, class sets, etc. Overall though, I'm looking for WoW to go back to being more of an adventure game with a focus on world content. There's still way too much of a focus on instanced content as being the only thing that gets any sort of care or polish.

The expac just doesn't feel like WoW - there are other threads on this, but I totally agree with the aesthetic and segmented zones feeling too "alien" and not warcrafty enough. The expac has a lot of good things going for it, but it's pretty sterile and lacking in soul.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2021-01-25 at 05:06 PM.

soul ash and stygia.
    Calling stygia mandatory is excessive. Maybe in 9.3 but not atm.

Ok, my opinion is that it's problems are now in view:

Travel times.
    Rewardness of the pve content.
    Long and boring world quests.
    Insane anima requirements for cosmetics and hall upgrades.
    Differences between covenants output have started to become quite substantial.
    The covenant campaigns are unimpressive and feel like filler.
    I personaly feel like something is off with the dungeons. They are not as fun to run as the BfA ones.
    Torghast is ok, but not great.
    I am full on ignoring the maw now.
    Mission table champions are underpowered for kyrian and venthyr.
    The future of legendaries.

Is it good? Well... it's ok, but it has rough spots that need fixing. No huge fires to put out, but not quite in a sweet spot.
    We are seeing quite a drop off in sign ups for raids, so i think people are getting bored. I do think that is cause of the rewardness of the content and it's quality.

My review atm is it's ok. Not super exciting, not awful. Just in that tolerable mark, but it's starting to need help. We need to start hearing about the next patch.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-01-26 at 01:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think we will get news about Patch 9.1 before Blizzconline or will they wait with the reveal?

7+ Year Old Account
    SL has taken any ounce of fun left out of pugging. With loot being scarce now I play a lot less. Guild raid, guildies doing some m+ and that's it. At least before when I had to suffer through pugging, gear was plentiful so there was some incentive to put myself through the meat grinder but now I can't do it.

I'd rather sit in town and watch stuff on my other monitor while reading people trash talk each other in trade...