Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They seem to have balancing issues. DK on release super overpowered, DH honestly to me was underwhelming on release like they tried to undercut it. If they can do it just right this time sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I'd say Covid hitting and people sheltering up and having no job to go to made a big difference.
    I mean if you have no job to go to, gaming might be the last of your concern and I would imagine. However, gaming does fill a drug and alcohol-like void for people and both of those have skyrocketed during covid.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do we NEED a new class for 10.0? Simply put, no. Do we want a new class? Some do, others don't. I would prefer they fix the specs for the classes they already have.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Don’t need one, the game is fine with the bloated list of classes and specs as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    NOTE: This is NOT about what class you want to see in 10.0. In this thread, I simply want to ask a few questions;

1. Does WoW need a new class for 10.0? In other words, do you feel that the lack of a new class in this expansion hurt the game, and another expansion without a new class would hurt the game further?

2. Do you think a new class in Shadowlands would have made this expansion better/more interesting?

3. If there is NO new class introduced in 10.0, will that effect your purchase of the next expansion?

The last class to enter the game was Demon Hunter in 2016. If there's no class announced later this year when the next expansion is set to be announced, that would mean that we won't be getting a new class until 2024 at the earliest. That would be 8 years without a new class in WoW. I'm curious what effect do you think the lack of a new class would have on the game for that stretch of time.

Again, please do not bring up any specific classes in this thread. This is about new classes in general, and the effect that new classes have on WoW in of itself, not anything specific class-wise.
    As for me RP > gameplay. I.e. Blizzard have "classes should be about different gameplay" concept, but for me classes are about "Oh, I'm Paladin, light warrior!". So, we definitely need new classes. And SL missed some opportunities to add them, because Necromancer perfectly fits into death theme. We also need to do something with class/spec balance. We need more Mail classes, we need more ranged classes.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

1. yes because you can get bored 4 years with no new class and since they dont wanna completely remake classes every expansion we can do it

2. i think that a dark ranger class would have helped make the story a bit more interesting

3. probably not but i wanna go to dragon isles and a dragon knight would be perfect

They need to change existing specs, and not add a new class. The game is badly melee stacked.

NOTE: This is NOT about what class you want to see in 10.0. In this thread, I simply want to ask a few questions;

1. Does WoW need a new class for 10.0? In other words, do you feel that the lack of a new class in this expansion hurt the game, and another expansion without a new class would hurt the game further?

I don't think so. I feel there are enough classes at this point to cater for every playstyle, and it would be challenging to design a class that feels genuinely new and sufficiently different from the other ones.

2. Do you think a new class in Shadowlands would have made this expansion better/more interesting?

Honestly, it might have made the expansion WORSE. Developer / programmer / artist hours are kind of a finite ressource, so devoting a large number of them to developing a new class means other stuff gets neglected.
    A new class would mean having to consider how to integrate it into older content, at the very least the Legion class halls that were a big part of that expansion. You'd need to design artifact weapons, a class hall, at least the bare bones of a class campaign, or risk the new class feeling very lackluster. It wouldn't have tier sets for 8 expansions' worth of content, unless you go back and add them all. Transmog is a big part of the game now, after all.

Also, balancing issues. It's bad enough now, with the number of classes in the game, plus the racials. Throwing a new class into the mix, that has limited testing data on how it interacts with other classes and skills, would be a balancing nightmare. The new class would be either totally overpowered or underpowered, and it would take months of live gameplay to get it fixed.

3. If there is NO new class introduced in 10.0, will that effect your purchase of the next expansion?

Probably not. Sure, a new class could be fun, but so are new zones and new story and new mechanics and systems.

The last class to enter the game was Demon Hunter in 2016. If there's no class announced later this year when the next expansion is set to be announced, that would mean that we won't be getting a new class until 2024 at the earliest. That would be 8 years without a new class in WoW. I'm curious what effect do you think the lack of a new class would have on the game for that stretch of time.

Again, please do not bring up any specific classes in this thread. This is about new classes in general, and the effect that new classes have on WoW in of itself, not anything specific class-wise.
    So yeah, I think a new class, while cool, isn't necessary at this time

I hope a WoW dev reads this thread and adds Tinkers to the game out of spite.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Delete monks
    Out all classes, why would they want to remove the most unique one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay. "We cant handle to balance actual class set. Lets make new one!" xD I like the idea of new class but u know there is no balance in here. There never was tbh but now its total mess. Maybe if they will figure it out throu all patches there is a chance for new one.

YES - I strongly believe that WoW needs more many classes; to level up and experience a new class requires time (subscriptions), with more classes comes increased chance that customers will find it fun to play more than one character, increasing their time within the game.

The game is built on game loops that interloping into each other, the core loop is the player character, class. However, the game could probably benefit from having the core loops interloping with each other, i.e. treating your characters as part of "family" with in-game shared features.

I don't think we really need a new class - if anything, we need less specs, especially for pure dps where it's just a matter of picking the stronger one. DH works flawlessly with only two, as druid is fine with 4.

My main issue is that generally melee are favorite in raids where ranged are preferred in M+, which is kinda a pain for M+ because of the way smaller group size. Also this patch ranged are super favorite in raid aswell, so here it is.

In an utopic world, classes should cover at least 2 roles with their specs - tank, healer, melee, ranged - and max one spec for role. Make "duplicate" specs cover different role instead or straight remove them. But i'm not asking for the change since it's pretty obvious it's not feasible to have it in current WoW, not after all these years and people used to their characters.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't honestly think there's really anything they CAN do to make a new class compelling or unique.

WoW's a bit different than some other MMOs. Each and every class nails down on a very specific and unique archetype previously established in the Warcraft franchise or common fantasy tropes. I mean, let's be honest. On some level from day one of WoW's launch we all knew Brewmasters (monks obviously), Death Knights and Demon Hunters would eventually make their way into the game.

To commit to adding a new class Blizzard would probably have to a) find a very specific niche and class identity that hasn't already been filled; and b) line that class up thematically with the main thrust of whatever expansion introduces them.

For instance I'm 100% sure we'll never get Necromancers in WoW. They've had two chances to introduce them and haven't, and beyond that they'd basically be a weird thematic mashup of warlocks and death knights to the point where most people would be all, "eh."

Tinkers? Maybe if we go to Clockwork Land in 10.0. Otherwise I don't see it happening.

Light-themed expansion? Well we've already got Paladins and Priests.

Lifelands? Druids and Shamans got you covered.

The Guitar Hero Bard from the April Fool's ten years ago? Only in my wildest dreams :P

Not saying it isn't possible, but virtually every trope, every cultural mashup, every Tolkien archetype, every playable variation of a Warcraft RTS unit... They either exist in a class or a spec/race combo. Very hard to be original at this point.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I don't honestly think there's really anything they CAN do to make a new class compelling or unique.

WoW's a bit different than some other MMOs. Each and every class nails down on a very specific and unique archetype previously established in the Warcraft franchise or common fantasy tropes. I mean, let's be honest. On some level from day one of WoW's launch we all knew Brewmasters (monks obviously), Death Knights and Demon Hunters would eventually make their way into the game.

To commit to adding a new class Blizzard would probably have to a) find a very specific niche and class identity that hasn't already been filled; and b) line that class up thematically with the main thrust of whatever expansion introduces them.

For instance I'm 100% sure we'll never get Necromancers in WoW. They've had two chances to introduce them and haven't, and beyond that they'd basically be a weird thematic mashup of warlocks and death knights to the point where most people would be all, "eh."

Tinkers? Maybe if we go to Clockwork Land in 10.0. Otherwise I don't see it happening.

Light-themed expansion? Well we've already got Paladins and Priests.

Lifelands? Druids and Shamans got you covered.

The Guitar Hero Bard from the April Fool's ten years ago? Only in my wildest dreams :P

Not saying it isn't possible, but virtually every trope, every cultural mashup, every Tolkien archetype, every playable variation of a Warcraft RTS unit... They either exist in a class or a spec/race combo. Very hard to be original at this point.
    To be fair, we had this;

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Undermine

As a potential continent in early WoW, but due to budget/time constraints it was cut. It's still mentioned quite a bit in WoW lore.

<<< PERSONAL OPINION >>>
    No.But also Yes in the right time.
    What I'd need would be a complete revamp of classes with abolition of specs as they are now (yet hugely improving customization of said classes in the process), downplaying holy trinity status THEN finally if each class was unique enough that it isnt a copy pase of each other with just different flavor of vcisuals and animations add another class, for instance a tinkerer or emth.

No we don't need new classes, blizzard can hardly balance what we have, and every major patch turns into a clusterfuck because they wont seperate pvp from pve in terms of abilities and stats. Do we want a new class? Most definitely. Id love to try something new.

1)- yes needed
    2)- yes it would be better with a new class
    3)- no i'll purchase regardless cause i'm addicted lol
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

1. Does Teriz need to stop shoving his Tinker class down people's throats? Yes.
    2. Does Teriz need to stop dismissing other classes that are not the Tinker? Yes.
    3. Does Teriz need to stop masquerading his new threads under the pretense that it is not about his Tinker obsession? Yes.
    4. Do we need new classes? Hell yeah!
    5. Would it be just the Tinker, like Teriz fantasizes, and that's about it? Hell no.
    6. Would it include other classes/specs, as well, like the Dark Ranger, Priestess of the Moon, Sea Witch, Shadow Hunter, Blademaster, Warden and Alchemist? Hell yeah!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, we need a new class for 10.0

Preferred:
    - Mail.
    - Hybrid.
    - Able to Tank.

Bonuses:
    - Tank class with pet or Ranged Tank Class.
    - Non-magic.
    - Non-hero class.
    - Faction / Multi-themed.
    - Three or Four specs (Tank / rDPS / Heal or Tank / rDPS / mDPS / Heal)
    - Able to Heal.

OR

More specs for current classes.

Plate:
    Ranged DPS or Templar (Glad spec) for Paladin.
    Gladiator DPS for Warrior.
    Ranged DPS for Death Knight (Necromancer).

Mail:
    Ranged Tanking for Hunter.
    Melee Tanking for Shaman.

Leather:
    Nothing more for Druid.
    Ranged DPS for Monk (Chi-ji).
    Ranged DPS or Melee Tanking for Rogue.
    Ranged DPS for Demon Hunter.

Cloth:
    Ranged Tanking for Warlock.
    Ranged Tanking for Mage (Illusion Magic).
    Melee DPS for Priest (Cleric).
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-01-25 at 05:24 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yes, we need a new class for 10.0

Preferred:
    - Mail.
    - Hybrid.
    - Able to Tank.

Bonuses:
    - Tank class with pet or Ranged Tank Class.
    - Non-magic.
    - Non-hero class.
    - Faction / Multi-themed.
    - Three or Four specs (Tank / rDPS / Heal or Tank / rDPS / mDPS / Heal)
    - Able to Heal.

OR

More specs for current classes.

Plate:
    Ranged DPS or Templar (Glad spec) for Paladin.
    Gladiator DPS for Warrior.
    Ranged DPS for Death Knight (Necromancer).

Mail:
    Ranged Tanking for Hunter.
    Melee Tanking for Shaman.

Leather:
    Nothing more for Druid.
    Ranged DPS for Monk (Chi-ji).
    Ranged DPS or Melee Tanking for Rogue.
    Ranged DPS for Demon Hunter.

Cloth:
    Ranged Tanking for Warlock.
    Ranged Tanking for Mage (Illusion Magic).
    Melee DPS for Priest (Cleric).
    How do you propose Blizzard would do ranged tanking? Just curious.