Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's definitely not Ubisoft since it's supposedly a smaller developer.

Can they even do a Star Wars game without EA being involved? As far as I'm aware, didn't EA had an exclusive deal for the Star Wars brand?

Lol where does it say it's kotor 3?

Likely a remaster or remake of the original.

Tired of saying this, but the story of KOTOR continued in SWTOR.

I just hope it's like KOTOR 1-2, in that it has the same sort of combat. If Ubisoft has their hands in it and how they never really made a game like that, I have a really bad feeling it's going to just be new age open world Assassin's Creed with lightsabers.

Not that I would 100% be against that, either. I'm not sure how that combat would translate these days. I wouldn't even be against it being like Fallen Order. It isn't like KOTOR combat was anything special, but everything relating to combat, like the skill trees and classes and light side/dark side were all cool.
    Last edited by La; 2021-01-25 at 08:09 PM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Not really KOTOR 3 considering the massive timeskip that happens. They could very easily make a third game based on the novel, even if the novel was dogshit and ruined Revan as a character.
    Kotor 3 happened in the novel Revan and set up the events of swtor.

There is a time skip of about 100 years, but given the events from that time frame are documented, it has to conform to them. Nothing galaxy changing can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Can they even do a Star Wars game without EA being involved? As far as I'm aware, didn't EA had an exclusive deal for the Star Wars brand?
    Not anymore.
    https://www.wired.com/story/lucasfil...ones-bethesda/
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    EA has no longer a monopoly.
    As long as Disneys guidelines are upheld anybody could make a Star Wars games, as they will be colleted under their own label: Lucasfilm Games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Am I like...the only person that doesn't completely hate every major publisher?

Like, sure Ubisoft games have a "formula" to them for the most part but like...I still dig many of them. Same with EA games.

Though I might not be the target audience for news like this as I missed the game when they came out and my few attempts to play them since have been...unsuccessful. A lot of the old design relics like NPC's talking to you in-universe and telling you about keybinds is like...whoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Like, sure Ubisoft games have a "formula" to them for the most part but like...I still dig many of them. Same with EA games.

Though I might not be the target audience for news like this as I missed the game when they came out and my few attempts to play them since have been...unsuccessful. A lot of the old design relics like NPC's talking to you in-universe and telling you about keybinds is like...whoa.
    Nope you're not. I've enjoyed several games put out by both EA and Ubisoft.

I won't judge a game based on who publishes it, I judge the game itself.

That's not to say Ubisoft and EA aren't both guilty of some shit, but that doesn't automatically make their games bad.

KOTOR3 has existed for almost a decade, go play the Jedi Knight story in SWTOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Nope you're not. I've enjoyed several games put out by both EA and Ubisoft.

I won't judge a game based on who publishes it, I judge the game itself.

That's not to say Ubisoft and EA aren't both guilty of some shit, but that doesn't automatically make their games bad.
    Agreed to an extent.

For me, a game made by either of those publishers puts me on the immediate "defensive" and sadly that list seems to get longer and longer. The I don't believe anything they say about their title or anything they claim will be in game till it is released. There isn't a chance in hell I'd pre-order anything from either of them till well after launch. Things like that.
    Doesn't make them garbage publishers out of the gate but I now like to wait and see if they prove themselves to be garbage publishers.

nope.

I do expect this to have more then a few shades of Division games, given that its massive. which might not necessarily be a bad thing entirely, I love world building and combat of both Division games and the attention to detail in environments is top notch.

That said - to the thread in general

1. SWTOR IS KOTOR 3. its a direct sequel that among other things, continues Revan and Emperor's AND Exile's story in base game (yeah its in group flashpoints, but they have solo version now as well), and then in expansion.
    2. given that Star Wars seem to be gearing up for High republic stories in addition to fleshing out Skywalker era - assuming that it will be old republic based story, when old republic is STILL technically legends? is.. an interesting choice for OP to make.

until they officially canonize Old Republic era in general, I'm not expecting any new games set in it. personaly.

10+ Year Old Account
    But what if the kotor 3 is made by CD PROJECT RED :P

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anything, but I need kreia or Darth Traya involved in this somehow.

While your at it, Nihilus is calling as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    But what if the kotor 3 is made by CD PROJECT RED :P
    What celebrity would they get to tell us how breath taking the city of coruscant is and how this is gonna revolutionize gaming? And in reality we get constant t-posing NPC's and AI that couldnt figure its way out of a wet paper bag.

Mark Hamill seems pretty easy to get. Maybe they could even use the terrible CGI they used in mando to de-age him!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    KOTOR3 has existed for almost a decade, go play the Jedi Knight story in SWTOR.
    I hope they retcon SWTOR. Such a dissapointing followup to Kotor 2.

It's the cool thing to do, hate on the big guys.

Then you end up with years like this where a golden boy small guy like CDPR releases a pile of shit and the supposedly "evil" Ubisoft release multiple solid games. Ooops.

Major publishers all have their issues but it's incredibly naïve to write off anything they release, because all of them even EA have released solid games.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Agreed to an extent.

For me, a game made by either of those publishers puts me on the immediate "defensive" and sadly that list seems to get longer and longer. The I don't believe anything they say about their title or anything they claim will be in game till it is released. There isn't a chance in hell I'd pre-order anything from either of them till well after launch. Things like that.
    Doesn't make them garbage publishers out of the gate but I now like to wait and see if they prove themselves to be garbage publishers.
    Which is all fair, but again you are still judging the game by itself.

I completely understand being cautious because of the shenanigans they've both pulled having put you off of some of their past titles, but as you said, that doesn't mean anything and everything they touch is garbage. They've both put out some gems.

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe not much hate, but at least on my defense is dislike / whatever statement. I want wait with hype for KOTOR3.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    I hope they retcon SWTOR. Such a dissapointing followup to Kotor 2.
    SWTOR is classified as non-Canon ... it doesn't need a retcon. Hell, the way they phrased in in the article was it may be not even be under the Legends brand either.

---

This is likely NOT KotOR 3, it is likely a brand new game using the Knights of the Old Republic title. I wouldn't be shocked if it is a pseudo-reboot of the first KotOR game.

Don't expect it to continue KotOR 2 story in any way, shape, or form.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code