10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What government are they trying to install in Tacoma?
    I think they want Simpson Kraft paper mill to bring back the sulfur fog.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Biden has yet to condemn this or the earlier attacks on the portland offices last week.
    You mean the people carrying anti-Biden signs? They weren't pro-Biden supporters wearing Biden paraphernalia. Anyway, Biden already condemned it:

"President Biden condemns violence and any violence in the strongest possible terms," Psaki said. "Peaceful protests are a cornerstone of our democracy but smashing windows is not protesting and neither is looting, and actions like these are totally unacceptable."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Violence View Post
    May I suggest you to read: https://www.cegesoma.be/en/publication/de-overlevenden

It makes exact mention of the number of police men killed + their full names, when Belgian Parliament got stormed and put aflame when the riots finally got out of hand.
    Literally, the article you quoted said:
    In the end, the violence had remained quite limited, there had been no serious injuries or deaths.
    So... we're supposed to take your word for the fact that this other book says that policemen died, which would then mean that the article that you originally quoted is lying?

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure, Jan.

If you can't find some shred of evidence online to support your statements, then I don't think anybody here will believe anything you have to say.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    The fact that Americans call that chimp out and party a ''rebellion'' only shows how detached they are from world history. You really deserve another civil war just get your head straight and realize how bad things can get.

That was not insurrection or rebellion. Army units defecting and attacking the state institutions are the bare minimum qualifiers.
    Insurrection: a violent uprising against an authority or government.

Check.

Rebellion: an act of violent or open resistance to an established government or ruler.

Check.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Moving on to the current insurrection in Oregon and Washington.
    Did people storm government buildings and attempt to attack elected officials in Oregon and Washington?

Oh, wait, then it's not an insurrection.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    The fact that Americans call that chimp out and party a ''rebellion'' only shows how detached they are from world history. You really deserve another civil war just get your head straight and realize how bad things can get.

That was not insurrection or rebellion. Army units defecting and attacking the state institutions are the bare minimum qualifiers.

"Why did you want to go in? [to the Capitol building]"
    "We're storming the Capitol, it's a revolution!"

Alongside the dozens and dozens (hundreds, probably) of other people discussing revolution/insurrection/rebellion/coups online or in-person during the riot.

And no, you don't need army units to defect. The Revolutionary War was not started by defectors. The Civil War was similarly not started by defectors from the US army, local militias acting as the Confederate army did that.

I mean, we'll call it what the conservatives who have been frothing about the mouth for another civil war so they can murder their fellow Americans because they have ideological disagreements want us to call it. If they want us to treat it with this level of seriousness, including legal consequences, I'm more than happy for the US to oblige them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Did people storm government buildings and attempt to attack elected officials in Oregon and Washington?

Oh, wait, then it's not an insurrection.
    This is the "Every violent protest is an insurrection!" to the "Everyone I don't like is a Nazi".

And people wonder why we don't take the pro-civil war crowd terribly seriously. I mean seriously enough because they're a threat to the safety of others, but not seriously as a potential force to kick off a civil war, much less wage a protracted battle against the US military.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Literally, the article you quoted said:

So... we're supposed to take your word for the fact that this other book says that policemen died, which would then mean that the article that you originally quoted is lying?

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure, Jan.

If you can't find some shred of evidence online to support your statements, then I don't think anybody here will believe anything you have to say.
    Anarch lying again.

This is my shocked face.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is the "Every violent protest is an insurrection!" to the "Everyone I don't like is a Nazi".

And people wonder why we don't take the pro-civil war crowd terribly seriously. I mean seriously enough because they're a threat to the safety of others, but not seriously as a potential force to kick off a civil war, much less wage a protracted battle against the US military.
    The Pro-Civil War crowd Suckered Jimmy Dore into giving them merit.

Jimmy Dore is a Moron.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2021-01-25 at 10:26 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    What's a "Boggaloo Boy", is that like a confused boogaloo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    The Pro-Civil War crowd Suckered Jimmy Dore into giving them merit.

Jimmy Dore is a Moron.
    Remember those posters that would start threads like, "I LEft the Democrat Party because SJWs were mean to me"?

I think one of them got arrested today.

Brandon Straka, founder of the "Walk Away" campaign who describes himself as a "former liberal," charged in the Capitol insurrection:

It's the next logical escalation after you GDRiP your MMOC account.
    Government Affiliated Snark

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...lt/4246387001/

Assaulting a cop with a fuckin hockey stick? Really? No fuckin class, he shoulda used a weapon from a real sport -

10+ Year Old Account
    Assaulting a cop with a fuckin hockey stick? Really? No fuckin class, he shoulda used a weapon from a real sport -
    A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me you didn't pay money for this..

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me you didn't pay money for this..
    Truly, that film is timeless humor.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the Senate will take this up in Feb/March with Leahy chairing the trial. Big question is whether to bring witnesses or not - this is from the Democrats side of course. IMO if the Democrats are at all serious about getting any chance of a conviction, they need to call witnesses. Especially good ones that might show just how much Trump and his people were part of the insurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Looks like the Senate will take this up in Feb/March with Leahy chairing the trial. Big question is whether to bring witnesses or not - this is from the Democrats side of course. IMO if the Democrats are at all serious about getting any chance of a conviction, they need to call witnesses. Especially good ones that might show just how much Trump and his people were part of the insurrection.
    There's zero chance they will get the votes to convict, I will be surprised if they get anyone outside of Romney. Donald Trump still has an iron grip on the republican party, they may privately want to move on but none of them have the balls to vote against him.

Alexa: Can you bring felony suspects in to testify in front of the Senate?

Ain't no way it's actually happening, but at the very least we'll get a solid accounting of how many authoritarian, pro-insurrection Republicans are in the Senate go join that House list.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    There's zero chance they will get the votes to convict, I will be surprised if they get anyone outside of Romney. Donald Trump still has an iron grip on the republican party, they may privately want to move on but none of them have the balls to vote against him.
    I have trouble disagreeing with you here. The GOP is already going hard-core after the 10 GOP House Reps that voted to Impeach. And we've already seen the tactic the GOP will take in the trial - "not appropriate now that Trump is out of office", which gives them all an "out". It would take a major movement to get those moral cowards to do the right thing.

Three items to consider:
    1. McConnell isn't taking a "don't vote against it stance" - which is telling.
    2. Several GOP Senators want to be President. Trump still being eligible to run in 2024 makes that possibility complicated. Conviction and subsequent vote remove him from further eligibility.
    3. Senators were forced out of their office by Terrorist Violence - Insurrectionists. If there is enough objective evidence that Trump literally ordered this, it might turn the tide.

- - - Updated - - -

Alexa: Can you bring felony suspects in to testify in front of the Senate?

Ain't no way it's actually happening, but at the very least we'll get a solid accounting of how many authoritarian, pro-insurrection Republicans are in the Senate go join that House list.
    Lol, you can, of course - but their reputation will be impugned. The other issue is that anyone testifying might be implicating themselves to multiple felonies. This whole thing is going to beyond fascinating.

Lol, you can, of course - but their reputation will be impugned. The other issue is that anyone testifying might be implicating themselves to multiple felonies. This whole thing is going to beyond fascinating.
    I imagine they'd have a lawyer (even a public defender) there to tell them to shut the fuck up and take the Fifth pretty often.

I just want days of "low class people" being trotted out to say they did this at Trump's request, expecting a pardon afterwards, so when Republicans keep trying to say that Trump didn't motivate this we can just roll the fuckin tape with them sitting there listening to it, on the tape.