Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Maybe they can ice skate on top of trump tower. I mean why not physics dont matter just switch your brain off broooooo
    oh, look. I think you're finally starting to get it. It's almost like these movies are for entertainment, or something.

If it makes for a fun scene, why not do it?

5+ Year Old Account
    Will Mechagodzilla be a vehicle or its own entity through ai?

Kong will win. Godzilla is sweaty foreigner from Japan, Kong is America's sweetheart, movie is made by americans. Ez pez.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Loved the official trailer, funny though how they made godzilla the good guy in the last movies even avoiding hurting humans if he could and in this just kills everyone.

Gotta show Kong as the new good guy i guess.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Kong will win. Godzilla is sweaty foreigner from Japan, Kong is America's sweetheart, movie is made by americans. Ez pez.
    Nah, they'll team up against the true evil and become best friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Nah, they'll team up against the true evil and become best friends.
    I was thinking the same thing. During the trailer, you could see there were humans that knew something was off with the King of Monsters. So yeah, I think there is a bigger evil at play in the movie and they will team up against a bigger monster.

10+ Year Old Account
    And anyone with double digit IQ would realise hundreds of tonnes jumping around a ship would sink it instantly and kong would drown in the depths of the ocean.

You don't need a double digit IQ to turn your brain off and watch a movie.

Like the movie, or dislike it, you're choice.

Going into the movie without suspending your disbelief is a waste of time when watching a movie. And arguing aspects of it on the Internet is another beast altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I thought in the movies Godzilla was like, a good guy.... and Kong just needed a friend? Why they fighting?

The trailer itself portrays it as "Godzilla is hurting people and we don't know why" so one could just assume that he feels threatened by Kong.

However, it's most likely not really Godzilla we see in the trailer. It is most likely MechaGodzilla.

In my opinion, the real Godzilla knows Fake Godzilla is out there stirring up some shit. The world thinks Fake Godzilla is actually the real Godzilla, so they get Kong to "deal" with him. Won't be until the end of the film where all parties realize it was Fake Godzilla the whole time and the real Godzilla sits there looking this like:

"TOLD YA SO!"
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-01-26 at 02:45 PM.

And anyone with double digit IQ would realise hundreds of tonnes jumping around a ship would sink it instantly and kong would drown in the depths of the ocean.
    You are right! And also...that has nothing to do with the fact that even someone with an IQ in the double digits wouldn't be dumb enough to think that scene was some sort of military propaganda. So, since your reply is completely irrelevant to what was being discussed, I assume you have realize how flawed your original statement was and rather than try to defend it or just admit you were wrong, you're gonna try to now redirect your complaint to being solely about the "realism". Cause if you want THAT to be the issue, rather than it being some military propaganda that only exists in your head, I got some bad news man. Those 2 giant fucking monsters that you're saying couldn't physically fight on that ship? You're right man, and the ship doesn't even matter...because those 2 giant monsters THEMSELVES could not physically exist. If realism is a big concern of yours in every movie you watch, giant monster movies are probably a genre you should stay away from.

Terminators always appear human for a reason.

Monsters living reasonably well enough (peacefully) with the the human race is an abomination. And since humans won't do the necessary we'll get the monsters to do the job for us. And in the process turn the human race against them as well.

*Godzilla proceeds to go into a killing spree on all kaiju, human lives are among collateral damage*
    ...Monarch group of peppy peeps go to Skull Island and sweet talk the one kaiju that bows down to no one. Kong proceeds with a beat down that reveals Godzilla as a giant-sized terminator....the end.

Next round; King vs God Winner take all!
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2021-01-26 at 03:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

Personally I hope an AI or at least an AI that is controlled from a HQ and "told" what to do. Much like the Showa Era MechaGodzilla.

Speculation is that this MechaG was made from the original Godzilla skeleton that was seen in Godzilla 2014 (it was called "Dagon" I think) and using the brain of the severed Ghidorah head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe pull a page from Kiryu's handbook and give new MG Ghidorah's brain. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Personally I hope an AI or at least an AI that is controlled from a HQ and "told" what to do. Much like the Showa Era MechaGodzilla.

Speculation is that this MechaG was made from the original Godzilla skeleton that was seen in Godzilla 2014 (it was called "Dagon" I think) and using the brain of the severed Ghidorah head.
    Great minds something something.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Legendary (China) and Toho own more of the movie than WB. Dont assume anything.

5+ Year Old Account
    Speculation is that this MechaG was made from the original Godzilla skeleton that was seen in Godzilla 2014 (it was called "Dagon" I think)
    I'm confused now..other skeleton?

10+ Year Old Account
    Early in the 2014 movie, Serizawa and crew are checking out a skeleton that may be from Godzilla's species?

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah... so in the prequel graphic novel for 'Godzilla: King of the Monsters' it establishes the the past a member of Godzilla's race, worshipped as "Dagon" fought and lost to MUTO Prime, the mother of the 2 MUTOs in 'Godzilla (2014) film, and she put her eggs into Dagon that once they eventually hatched, sucked away it's radiation until it killed it.

AND in the 'Godzilla (2014)' film near the beginning, when they first discover the MUTO eggs they are inside of a massive skeleton. Dagon's skeleton.

Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-01-26 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I have to watch the OG film. Love the janky suits.

10+ Year Old Account
    BREAKING NEWS! ...well not really "breaking" per se but still news.

The domestic release of the film (theaters and HBO Max) has been pushed back a week to March 31st.

SOURCE: https://variety.com/2021/film/news/g...es-1234889930/

‘Godzilla vs. Kong’ Release Date Moves Back a Week

“Godzilla vs. Kong” is on the move — again.

Shortly after Warner Bros. bumped up the film’s release date two months earlier than expected, from May 21 to March 26, the studio has postponed its domestic premiere by another week. Now, “Godzilla vs. Kong” will debut on March 31 simultaneously in movie theaters and on the streaming service HBO Max. The monster mash-up will launch internationally, where HBO Max is not available, ahead of North America on March 26.

As part of the scheduling announcement, Warner Bros. has added James Wan’s horror movie “Malignant” back to the calendar, setting the thriller for Sept. 10.

“Godzilla vs. Kong’s” latest delay was made in response to news that MGM was postponing James Bond sequel “No Time to Die” from April 2 to Oct. 8. Sony’s “Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway,” which had also been set for April 2, was delayed to June. With most movies vacating early 2021 release dates, “Godzilla vs. Kong” will open the Wednesday prior to Universal’s action thriller “Nobody” starring Bob Odenkirk.

COME ON LET ME JUST SEE THE FUCKING MOVIE ALREADY.

5+ Year Old Account
    Just another King Kong movie.
    Just another Godzilla movie.
    *But still goes to see it.*

10+ Year Old Account
    Pushed back?! Whoever did this needs a flying Godzilla kick to the face.

5+ Year Old Account
    Push it back to end of summer, after the pandemic, you are just throwing money away by releasing it in the spring...and I want to see it in cinema when people have had their vaccines n i can watch this thing on imax with a large popcorn a bigass drinks

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah... so in the prequel graphic novel for 'Godzilla: King of the Monsters' it establishes the the past a member of Godzilla's race, worshipped as "Dagon" fought and lost to MUTO Prime, the mother of the 2 MUTOs in 'Godzilla (2014) film, and she put her eggs into Dagon that once they eventually hatched, sucked away it's radiation until it killed it.

AND in the 'Godzilla (2014)' film near the beginning, when they first discover the MUTO eggs they are inside of a massive skeleton. Dagon's skeleton.
    I have to watch it again, not my favorite godzilla movie, had way too much humies in it..