Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SLbetterthan BFA View Post
    Worgen and Undead don't have allied race counterparts yet. These 2 fit perfectly

Slyvar: Satyr-like bestial humanoid like worgen,stands upright, has connections with night elves and worgen
    because of similar beliefs. Has horns and hooves like draenei. Looks badass. Furry. From Ardenweald.

Venthyr: First true vampire race. Finally vampire vs. werewolf trope can be a thing in WoW with worgen vs venthyr.
    Upright undead. Looks badass. From Revendreth.

blue human Kyrian and Maldraxxus dead human are not nearly as interesting as these two races above.
    Also Ardenweald fairies can technically fly, whereas no other race can at the moment so they're out.
    Typically the Sylvar and the Kyrian go alliance, and Venthyr and Maldraxxus go horde...

But how about the Sylvar and Venthyr go horde, and the Kyrian and Maldraxxus go alliance

OR

Maldraxxus and Kyrian go horde, and Sylvar and Venthyr go alliance.

I prefer the first option.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Typically the Sylvar and the Kyrian go alliance, and Venthyr and Maldraxxus go horde...

But how about the Sylvar and Venthyr go horde, and the Kyrian and Maldraxxus go alliance

OR

Unlikely.
    The Venthyr and Necrolords resemble the Orcs and Blood elves, too much.
    And the Sylvar and Kyriand resemble the Humans and Night elves, too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
    Unlikely.
    The Venthyr and Necrolords resemble the Orcs and Blood elves, too much.
    And the Sylvar and Kyriand resemble the Humans and Night elves, too much.
    Well, wouldn't void elves, high elves, highborne night elves and other non-forest Night elves like Illidari, Moonguard and arcane wielders disagree with your Venthyr assessment? - although it's character, not magical discipline that determines where you go. So strictly speaking, most void elves, high elves, highborne night elves , Moonguard, Farondis and many a non-forest night elf wouldn't be Venthyr either. It is also likely most blood elves wouldn't be. I think the Venthyr are probably populated by Azshara palace highborne, Naga, Elisande loyalist nightborne, Kael'thas loyalist blood elves - and ALL of these groups are tiny percentages of their race.

Azshara's Palace Highborne - were a tiny fraction of the arcane night elf population and a small group of the Highborne population
    Elisande loyalists that died - were probably the largest group of race, I would estimate up to maybe 30% of the nightborne population? Which is a far higher percentage than amongst the night elves and blood elves - highborne or otherwise.
    Kael'thas' Sunsworn were also a small percentage of the total Blood elf population.

Wouldn't Trolls, Tauren, Pandas disagree with your Sylvar assessment also?

Kyrian can apply to blood elves, Draenei, Zandalari, human amongst others.

Blood elves do not belong to the horde, nor do Night elves belong to the alliance, they are elf races placed on those two factions. And they are not the only ones that fit the
    Last edited by Beloren; 2021-01-25 at 06:37 PM.

OR

Why would any of these groups even choose a faction when the Alliance/Horde conflict has no bearing on them. Would also seem very strange for everyone whose covenant suddenly turns on them after spending the whole expansion earning their trust and renown. "Thanks for all the help, Maw Walker! We're gonna go join your enemies though for 'reasons'".

The whole idea of making these groups allied races is just silly, and I think it's almost certain not to happen since it would make subsequent leveling through SL very confusing.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2021-01-25 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Why would any of these groups even choose a faction when the Alliance/Horde conflict has no bearing on them. Would also seem very strange for everyone whose covenant suddenly turns on them after spending the whole expansion earning their trust and renown. "Thanks for all the help, Maw Walker! We're gonna go join your enemies though for 'reasons'".

The whole idea of making these groups allied races is just silly, and I think it's almost certain not to happen since it would make subsequent leveling through SL very confusing.
    Ofc they wouldn't, but we are plyaing along with the topic suggestion. If they had to choose or it became a possibility.

Well, wouldn't void elves, high elves, highborne night elves and other non-forest Night elves like Illidari, Moonguard and arcane wielders disagree with your Venthyr assessment? - although it's character, not magical discipline that determines where you go. So strictly speaking, most void elves, high elves, highborne night elves , Moonguard, Farondis and many a non-forest night elf wouldn't be Venthyr either. It is also likely most blood elves wouldn't be. I think the Venthyr are probably populated by Azshara palace highborne, Naga, Elisande loyalist nightborne, Kael'thas loyalist blood elves - and ALL of these groups are tiny percentages of their race.

Azshara's Palace Highborne - were a tiny fraction of the arcane night elf population and a small group of the Highborne population
    Elisande loyalists that died - were probably the largest group of race, I would estimate up to maybe 30% of the nightborne population? Which is a far higher percentage than amongst the night elves and blood elves - highborne or otherwise.
    Kael'thas' Sunsworn were also a small percentage of the total Blood elf population.

Wouldn't Trolls, Tauren, Pandas disagree with your Sylvar assessment also?

Kyrian can apply to blood elves, Draenei, Zandalari, human amongst others.

Blood elves do not belong to the horde, nor do Night elves belong to the alliance, they are elf races placed on those two factions. And they are not the only ones that fit the
    Their arrogant attitudes and "high society" are similar to those of the Blood elves. Hence, Kael'thas being a major character. To be honest, they, somewhat, resemble Sylvanas, an undead High elf.

Their love of nature is more Night elvish, than Tauren, Troll or Pandaren, as can be seen by the Night time, groves, nature spirits, Wild gods and star-lit skies. Hence, the connection of Ysera, Cenarius and Tyrande to Ardenweald (It is more prominent than the troll and loa themes).

Kyrians and their similarity to Humans can be seen through the presence of Uther.

Necrolords are self-explanatory. War and glory is the staple of Orc society.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post

Just like BfA allied races. Both factions helped them yet, they chose one faction over the other.

Unlikely.
    The Kyrians can't stand the Necrolords or, even, the Venthyr.
    I would disagree on the point of the kyrian not being able to stand the necros, mostly because of the campaign for the kyrians. The venthyr i dont know, so if you have some suggestion on where i can read more on it that would be great. But i did not mean they would be one single neutral faction or something, just allied races that both horde and alliance can choose from

Quote Originally Posted by stianr2 View Post
    I would disagree on the point of the kyrian not being able to stand the necros, mostly because of the campaign for the kyrians. The venthyr i dont know, so if you have some suggestion on where i can read more on it that would be great. But i did not mean they would be one single neutral faction or something, just allied races that both horde and alliance can choose from
    I think someone here mentioned that the sight of a Venthyr in bastion is welcomed with animosity. Gotta search that comment.

Their arrogant attitudes and "high society" are similar to those of the Blood elves. Hence, Kael'thas being a major character. To be honest, they, somewhat, resemble Sylvanas, an undead High elf.

Their love of nature is more Night elvish, than Tauren, Troll or Pandaren, as can be seen by the Night time, groves, nature spirits, Wild gods and star-lit skies. Hence, the connection of Ysera, Cenarius and Tyrande to Ardenweald (It is more prominent than the troll and loa themes).

Kyrians and their similarity to Humans can be seen through the presence of Uther.

Necrolords are self-explanatory. War and glory is the staple of Orc society.

Just like BfA allied races. Both factions helped them yet, they chose one faction over the other.
    Humans can be quite arrogant too. And humans aren’t the only ones devoted to religious tenets of nobility , peace etc.

Not all elves are arrogant. If arrogance was the Only real pre requisite Wouldn’t most nightnelves be there?

Afterall they are quite arrogant if you ever played Wc3 or even observed them. Maiev?

Actually a lot of elves aren’t arrogant they appear that way because they are what their statements about themselves actually are, andy that sounds inflated. I.e. arrogant

You know who really came across as arrogant.

1. Zandalari trolls
    2. Azshara palace highborne - small fraction of night elves.
    3. Nightborne loyalists
    4. Kael’thas’ sunsworn

Lots of blood elves, like Carter’s, Silvermoon citizens aren’t arrogant. Lot of void elves and highbelves are. Lots of Highborne aren’t. Like Farondis and his people. Nightfallen resistance seemed to humble a lot of Nightborne if you follow the story
    Moonguard seemed quite humble
    Druids are generally quite humble

However Wardens and Demon Hunter night elves seem rather arrogant. Also Jace and Kor’vas didn’t seem so

Humans can be quite arrogant too. And humans aren’t the only ones devoted to religious tenets of nobility , peace etc.

Not all elves are arrogant. If arrogance was the Only real pre requisite Wouldn’t most nightnelves be there?

Afterall they are quite arrogant if you ever played Wc3 or even observed them. Maiev?

Actually a lot of elves aren’t arrogant they appear that way because they are what their statements about themselves actually are, andy that sounds inflated. I.e. arrogant

You know who really came across as arrogant.

1. Zandalari trolls
    2. Azshara palace highborne - small fraction of night elves.
    3. Nightborne loyalists
    4. Kael’thas’ sunsworn

Lots of blood elves, like Carter’s, Silvermoon citizens aren’t arrogant. Lot of void elves and highbelves are. Lots of Highborne aren’t. Like Farondis and his people. Nightfallen resistance seemed to humble a lot of Nightborne if you follow the story
    Moonguard seemed quite humble
    Druids are generally quite humble

However Wardens and Demon Hunter night elves seem rather arrogant. Also Jace and Kor’vas didn’t seem so
    Those would be the Highborne Night elves, which are the Nightborne.

Again, there's a reason why Kael'thas is the representative there.

Those would be the Highborne Night elves, which are the Nightborne.

Again, there's a reason why Kael'thas is the representative there.
    Yeh, cos he was arrogant.. but to lump all blood elve there?

Not at all. The ease of making allied races + the monetary gain = Blizzard is not gonna pass on this.
    They already did pass on it. There could have Easily been a story and a set up for allied races in the launch, but there wasn't. They said "when the time feels right". That's a cop out. They could literally make the time feel right. Remember patch 8.2? They said that same excuse "when the time feels right". Literally had 2 brand new races, both working for 1 faction specifically, with a massive amount of intertwined story and lore to support them joining the factions. Yet they didn't.

If they had any intentions of adding one of these races as an allied race, or even continuing the feature, they wouldn't have gutted past requirements. They don't usually prune the fat towards unlocking something until after its obsolete and they have moved on from it as a feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Yeh, cos he was arrogant.. but to lump all blood elve there?
    Not all. But, you can see why they chose him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    They already did pass on it. There could have Easily been a story and a set up for allied races in the launch, but there wasn't. They said "when the time feels right". That's a cop out. They could literally make the time feel right. Remember patch 8.2? They said that same excuse "when the time feels right". Literally had 2 brand new races, both working for 1 faction specifically, with a massive amount of intertwined story and lore to support them joining the factions. Yet they didn't.

If they had any intentions of adding one of these races as an allied race, or even continuing the feature, they wouldn't have gutted past requirements. They don't usually prune the fat towards unlocking something until after its obsolete and they have moved on from it as a feature.
    Do you expect them to join us the moment we meet them?
    You have to work towards it...

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Venthyr becoming the 3d " high class arrogant " race to join the Horde will be boring af. However the ties to Kael'thas could only lead to that direction if they were to become AR.

Fae Satyrs joining the Alliance is same sh#t diff smell as well as, as far as the Alliance races are concerned. DI and VE brought a different take on the Alliance, though only VE had some decent screentime. Alleria>Moira after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Venthyr becoming the 3d " high class arrogant " race to join the Horde will be boring af. However the ties to Kael'thas could only lead to that direction if they were to become AR.

Fae Satyrs joining the Alliance is same sh#t diff smell as well as, as far as the Alliance races are concerned. DI and VE brought a different take on the Alliance, though only VE had some decent screentime. Alleria>Moira after all.
    And having 2 magic addicted races on the same faction isn't?

2 light fanatics on the same faction.

2 technology fanatics on the same faction.

2 war-like races on the same faction.

2 superstitious races on the same faction.

2 american-indian races on the same faction.

I would go as far as to say that the Allied Race system was so successful that the Covenant system was set up precisely such that they'd end up working nicely as ARs. Draka and Kael bring Gladiators and Venthyr into the Horde and Uther and Ysera will bring Kyrians and Sylvar into the Alliance. It's so neat and tidy.

If precedent follows the Kyrians/Sylvar/Venthyr/Gladiators should be unlocked with the pre-purchase of the next expansion, to be playable during the tail end of Shadowlands. BFA had a drip-model of ARs only because they fucked up, Kul Tirans / Zandalari were supposed to be in for launch.

I mean, who was the last group of humanoids that we quested for since Legion who DIDN'T become an Allied Race? Even the damn Mechagnomes became an AR and they were an expansion C-plot.
    Last edited by shoc; 2021-01-26 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    If precedent follows the Kyrians/Sylvar/Venthyr/Gladiators should be unlocked with the pre-purchase of the next expansion, to be playable during the tail end of Shadowlands. BFA had a drip-model of ARs only because they fucked up, Kul Tirans / Zandalari were supposed to be in for launch.
    Current precedent was that we knew about them having plans before they became a thing. We had data-mined information basically confirming vulpera day 1. I just don't see them doing it again when they began gutting its requirements for unlocking.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you expect them to join us the moment we meet them?
    You have to work towards it...
    You mean like the reputation requirements was supposed to have us doing? Void elfs joined literally day 1 of their creation (in lore). As I said, the story could be made to make sense easily. Heck, even just an announcement of their play ability would sky rocket people wanting to play so they could quest and get the rep + achievements ready to go. It would build up the hype. Even if we had to wait 1 patch like we did for the Kultirans and Zandalari.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Current precedent was that we knew about them having plans before they became a thing. We had data-mined information basically confirming vulpera day 1. I just don't see them doing it again when they began gutting its requirements for unlocking.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean like the reputation requirements was supposed to have us doing? Void elfs joined literally day 1 of their creation (in lore). As I said, the story could be made to make sense easily. Heck, even just an announcement of their play ability would sky rocket people wanting to play so they could quest and get the rep + achievements ready to go. It would build up the hype. Even if we had to wait 1 patch like we did for the Kultirans and Zandalari.
    You mean like this kind of datamining? https://wow.tools/dbc/?dbc=alliedrac...1.34137#page=1

Look at Skeleton/Tuskarr/Vrykul/Forest Troll and click through the Male and Female CreatureDisplayID.

Or like this kind of datamining?

To be honest they are doing a terrible job at hiding the fact that the Covenant Races are planned as Allied Races with what they've leaked out so far.
    Last edited by shoc; 2021-01-26 at 08:27 PM.

This expansions features have been taking things away not giving us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post

I would go as far as to say that the Allied Race system was so successful that the Covenant system was set up precisely such that they'd end up working nicely as ARs. Draka and Kael bring Gladiators and Venthyr into the Horde and Uther and Ysera will bring Kyrians and Sylvar into the Alliance. It's so neat and tidy.

I mean, who was the last group of humanoids that we quested for since Legion who DIDN'T become an Allied Race? Even the damn Mechagnomes became an AR and they were an expansion C-plot.
    Precisely.
    I don't know if Ysera is gonna be the one to bring the Sylvar into the Alliance. It might be Tyrande.

- - - Updated - - -

You had to complete the Argus campaign to know where the Void elves came from (Alleria).

Reputation requirement is not the only way. Don't forget you're working the entire expansion to help 'em out, and that you build reputation with their covenants (renown). This thing doesn't come easy, and it sure as hell isn't a minor thing.

And there are hints towards their playability: