Poll: Would you support Sylvanas Windrunner if you still had the choice?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Would you support Sylvanas Windrunner if you still had the choice?

In the last expansion, Sylvanas was an extremely controversial and ruthless Warchief -- but many players, especially from the Horde, still sympathized and supported her regardless.

Even after she left Orgrimmar, many Banshee Loyalists remain loyal to her cause. Even today, many players still believe she has some greater motives at play -- or that she may possibly somehow redeem herself, possibly by improving the Shadowlands or ending the flaws of the Pantheon of Death once and for all. If you given the choice to support Sylvanas, would most players actually be willing to support her?
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

7+ Year Old Account
    She came out and said you are all nothing, fuck you! You would have to be really dumb to back her after that.

3+ Year Old Account
    She tried to get Nathanos to kill Bwonsamdi, hell no

Edit: Gee, why does everyone hate Bwonsamdi?
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2021-01-28 at 04:27 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    It honestly depends on what her end goal is (which still isn't established). The Shadowlands' system is pretty messed up no matter how you look at it and doesn't justify why it is set up as it is (unless you consider the figures in control directly benefiting and everyone should enjoy the benefit of getting screwed over to give them more Anima juice and serving them for eternity until they get wiped from existence) so it would be dependent on if she actually intends to change the system for the better or she is just going along with the Jailer who may reveal he just intends to destroy everything. I mean it's pretty clear why you wouldn't support her in the latter scenario.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Would I! Yes, 'nuff said.

I cry every day for Sylvanas because she's trapped in the garbage fire that is WoW. How I wish I could play as her in a new single player Warcraft game. Which of course will never happen. WoW really did kill Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    She came out and said you are all nothing, fuck you! You would have to be really dumb to back her after that.
    Well there are two big reasons people still follow her

Never going to change Human nature...

Yes

Too bad everyone is so obssessed with everyone being goodie two shoes so we can never be evil ourselves. Like its a video game who tf cares about honor, I want to blight some towns and kill alliance all day long. Why I play a always pick imperial in swtor

Or y'know having the alliance pay for what they've done to the horde throughout the years. Destroying Draenor, Destroying Lordaeron, having garithos try to cull the remanining blood elves, Theramore and the explorers league fucking over the tauren, Opening fire upon goblin vessels because why not, massacre on vulpera and telling the nightborne to go f themselves
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2021-01-27 at 12:47 AM.
    An'u belore delen'na

I still believe she had good reasons for what she's doing.

And if anything, she got shit DONE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I didn't really support Sylvanas when she was the Queen of the Forsaken or the Warchief of the Horde, and I certainly wouldn't now that she's betrayed the Horde and thrown her lot in with first an Old God and then an inscrutable elder being whose current plans involve the death of Azeroth as a whole.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Never have supported the Lich Bitch, never will support the Lich Bitch.

Oh for sure! I'd love to have the option to play a completely antagonistic route, even a downright evil one. Play the "bad guy" can be a lot of fun, and specially on WoW where we are definitely moving away the moral binary more with each day.

My mage is power hungry, doesn't really care about the 'horde' beyond it giving a place to strive for more power.

So yes, still would support sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    Yes

Too bad everyone is so obssessed with everyone being goodie two shoes so we can never be evil ourselves. Like its a video game who tf cares about honor, I want to blight some towns and kill alliance all day long. Why I play a always pick imperial in swtor

Or y'know having the alliance pay for what they've done to the horde throughout the years. Destroying Draenor, Destroying Lordaeron, having garithos try to cull the remanining blood elves, Theramore and the explorers league fucking over the tauren, Opening fire upon goblin vessels because why not, massacre on vulpera and telling the nightborne to go f themselves
    And Alliance deserves to tan your hides, put you in camps and reeducate your spawnlings into decent people. But again we HAVE to forgive. So you also dont get a choice about being “evil” or not. Yu HAVE to at least try and be good.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole problem of “I just want to be evil”/“hail Sylvanas” point of view is that it always comes at the expense of non-genocidal horde players and entire Alliance. And those expected to either remain useless and inefficient in term for villains to keep getting away with their crap or to keep forgiving them which is even worse. No. Thats why you cant be “evil” - there are other players too.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    And Alliance deserves to tan your hides, put you in camps and reeducate your spawnlings into decent people. But again we HAVE to forgive. So you also dont get a choice about being “evil” or not. Yu HAVE to at least try and be good.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole problem of “I just want to be evil”/“hail Sylvanas” point of view is that it always comes at the expense of non-genocidal horde players and entire Alliance. And those expected to either remain useless and inefficient in term for villains to keep getting away with their crap or to keep forgiving them which is even worse. No. Thats why you cant be “evil” - there are other players too.
    Forgive us hahahhaah

Draenor was destroyed and that blood is on your hands, the road of glory was more than justified. You brought the legion to draenor so the orcs were mind controlled into doing what they did. You turned down and actively hunted forsaken then gets suprised when they retaliate. Need I remind you that it was Arthas, an alliance character that destroyed Lordaeron? If you're gonna keep us accountable for Garrosh then you gotta take responsibility for Arthas aswell

Teldrassil is nothing compared to an entire planet. You can always grow a new tree, Draenor is years away from disintegrating completely
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2021-01-27 at 02:32 AM.
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I still believe she had good reasons for what she's doing.

And if anything, she got shit DONE.
    There isn't a reason good enough for the mass genocide of children. Not a single one.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Forgive us hahahhaah

Draenor was destroyed and that blood is on your hands, the road of glory was more than justified.

Teldrassil is nothing compared to an entire planet
    You mean the draenor that Nerzhul blew up?
    Or the alternative one which is not yet destroyed but occupied by the Light? Which is contrary to some horde’s belief is not an “Alliance institution” but a cosmic force.

This question assumes the "omigod my hot topic grimdark emo undead elf queen hotness i wanna bang you" crowd have limits to their simpvalry. They do not. There will always be a crowd that says yes because edgelord tittys.

Even "god angel made of fire that beats everything forever and saves the universe" Kerrigan still has diehards that think she was deep and nuanced because waifulogic and Sylvanas will when the writers make her the ultimate kyrian that replaces the arbiter and lives forever with nathanos as the new jailer because steve- i mean nathanos and sylvanas have the most powerful love ever or something equally cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    You mean the draenor that Nerzhul blew up?
    Or the alternative one which is not yet destroyed but occupied by the Light? Which is contrary to some horde’s belief is not an “Alliance institution” but a cosmic force.
    The one where the draenei came, brought space lucifer with them, enslaved their population and turned their homeworld into a fel shattered rock

Or the lightbound. Oh wait its alliance characters screwing over the orcs again what a suprise
    An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgive us hahahhaah

Draenor was destroyed and that blood is on your hands, the road of glory was more than justified. You brought the legion to draenor so the orcs were mind controlled into doing what they did. You turned down and actively hunted forsaken then gets suprised when they retaliate. Need I remind you that it was Arthas, an alliance character that destroyed Lordaeron? If you're gonna keep us accountable for Garrosh then you gotta take responsibility for Arthas aswell

Teldrassil is nothing compared to an entire planet
    Draenor was destroyed when a bozo Orc said "Dam we can't conquer Azeroth, ohh well lets try finding another by ripping open a bunch of space/time fractures, we can find somewhere else to subjugate.". But like most of the Hordes problems they shoot themselves in the foot then blame the Alliance.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2021-01-27 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Draenor was destroyed when a bozo Orc said "Dam we can't conquer this planet, ohh well lets try finding another by ripping open a bunch of space/time fractures, we can find somewhere to subjugate. But like most of the Hordes problems they shoot themselves in the foot then blame the Alliance.
    It's not like they were mind controlled by the man named the deciever or anything
    An'u belore delen'na