10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's closer to 81 million, but the spirit of your post is still strong. Trump and his supporters keep saying "but but but a bunch of people voted for Trump!" without admiting more people voted for Biden.
    But that'd require them to admit that the votes for Biden were actually real.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Let them. Let the cameras in. Let investigations / testimony occur. Put cameras in there and let the American public see it first hand.

They hoped this little ploy would sway them from even holding a trial. The GOP doesn't want this splashed across the front page of America.
    Voters have trouble remembering what happened last week, its unlikely people will vote differently 2 years from now because of their congressmen voting for/against conviction.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

So here's the deal. I went through some pretty grueling physical therapy yesterday and it's still making me feel like I ran a marathon while juggling boulders today. Even sitting here at the computer it's a struggle to keep my arms at keyboard height and I already blew all of my burst typing on posts in other threads, so now I'm really not up for anything except laying down and watching the rest of Kung Fu Hustle. Y'all are getting another short report today and given that last week's national holiday screwed up the numbers a bit again there's not really much point to comparing anyway.

148,265 new cases with a few states still not reporting, so that'll go up a bit. 4,045 deaths brings the total to 435,452. If new case numbers have been (relatively) accurate the past few weeks then this total should start going down soon. Hopefully this will be the last week we see 4k dailies.

Stay safe, folks. Time to go watch Stephen Chow play a clown who ultimately tears shit up.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think Trump is already gearing up for a 2024 run. Hawley just announced a hard NO to the question - doesn't mean he can't change his mind of course. Romney would be the best bet on the anti-Trump GOP side, but he's almost a stand-alone now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Watched the new Frontline documentary tonight, "Trump's American Carnage."

Really gives a strong idea of how his presidency will be remembered by history: a veritable horror story.

Also makes you wonder how his many facilitators can live with themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I think Trump is already gearing up for a 2024 run. Hawley just announced a hard NO to the question - doesn't mean he can't change his mind of course. Romney would be the best bet on the anti-Trump GOP side, but he's almost a stand-alone now.
    They likely want to turn away attention from Trump and the GOP's failures and get focused on smearing Biden as quickly as possible.

A protracted senate hearing to impeach with GOP senators breaking rank will only bring them into the limelight, when what they really want to do is start pretending to care about the deficit and other things that Trump destroyed but that they'll complain Biden isn't fixing fast enough.

Perhaps they figure that they, internally, can keep Trump from being a factor ever again. Like I've said before, if there's any "soul" searching in the GOP, it's about how they're going to bring Trump's followers back into the fold. Perhaps they feel voting to impeach might alienate them too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    By refusing to admit they did anything wrong, of course. It's clear these people have no moral scruples or spines; I don't see why they'd ever grow one now or in the future.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Running in 2024 is not even an option for Trump, the only way he can make any money is by stealing I mean fundraising off his zombie cult.

10+ Year Old Account

Really gives a strong idea of how his presidency will be remembered by history: a veritable horror story.

I'm sure they'll be able to...afford it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account

Which is ironic if you consider his support in prophecy circles. God... give me a sign that Trump is a good man!... The plague happens... No, god, give me a different sign!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Which is ironic if you consider his support in prophecy circles. God... give me a sign that Trump is a good man!... The plague happens... No, god, give me a different sign!
    Joe Biden is elected president... No, god, not that sign. Give me a different sign!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Joe Biden is elected president... No, god, not that sign. Give me a different sign!
    The majority of it starts like the MLK speech... ‘I had a dream’... but, ends in a horrifying dystopia...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Voters have trouble remembering what happened last week, its unlikely people will vote differently 2 years from now because of their congressmen voting for/against conviction.
    A trial is going to be VERY bad optics for the GOP. It's why they want it to end quickly. There is so much we have yet to uncover, more specifically, who was in Trump's pocket that delayed the response / resulted in there being very lax security at the Capitol building during this time?

Once it all comes out, it will look like a full-on coup attempt and their continued support for him will be terrible.

You're right that voters have very short memories but PACs don't and will run ads during election cycle.

Make the trial open to the public and make every one of those traitorous fucks testify about their roles. If that happens, Trump is done for sure. If that doesn't happen, then we better gear up for a 2024 Trump presidency.

10+ Year Old Account
    CPAC moved due to the COVID restrictions, to be 2 and a half hours from Trump in Mari Largo... but, his handlers are saying he isn’t planning to attend... get wrecked conservatives... you are of no use to the orange turd now...

CPAC moved due to the COVID restrictions, to be 2 and a half hours from Trump in Mari Largo... but, his handlers are saying he isn’t planning to attend... get wrecked conservatives... you are of no use to the orange turd now...
    it will be a car crash, groypers vs maga vs old guard.

At this point, it's increasingly difficult to differentiate CPAC from the Libertarian Convention where dudes get up on stage and do a strip tease to the raucus applause of the audience, and other dudes spent minutes thinking about whether or not they agree with the statement, "People should be required to have drivers licenses to drive on public roadways."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    it will be a car crash, groypers vs maga vs old guard.
    Yeah, am looking forward to it... I am hoping that they will try to one up each other on how extreme they are... to just start yelling at each other in German while throwing up the Hitler salute. Who will be the first CPAC attendee to say Hitler was right, about something? Like that Boaber during the riots...

.Democratic Sen. Tim Kaine is working on a resolution to censure former President Donald Trump for his actions on January 6, a method Kaine thinks would be faster way to hold Trump accountable than an impeachment trial https://t.co/XSoOwTRQJk https://t.co/33bE9gTwjl
    https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/stat...616507905?s=19

Dems are so bad at this.

To be fair it's just Tim Kaine and he is only one but a reflection of most wussy Dems. The Dems who don't want to fight, take an easy way out.

Plus this is such a slap on the wrist.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account

The same way they justified the children separation.

"They're not our children Americans"

Hey, it's how they justified trying to ignore COVID19 at first.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    The same way they justified the children separation.

"They're not our children Americans"

Hey, it's how they justified trying to ignore COVID19 at first.
    "I'd rather be a Russian than a Democrat."

Seriously, how little it took to push a good chunk of the Republican party to the point where they'll happily "other" their fellow Americans and prefer the company of one of our longest foes to the company of their fellow countryfolks who simply have a different ideological view is wild.

Granted this was after decades of prep work to push them that far, but it's wild how it all went down in the span of a few years.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a shocking turn of events, the GOP might be involved with what happened in Jan. 6th to a certain extent.

Take with a grain of salt, but it would certainly explain their reluctance to have any accountability.