Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Why would we need more dungeons or dailies, Weeklies etc tho?

It just adds to the chore load, The game is fine for what it is atm.
    lol wut, what is this for an argument ? So go play 9.0 for 2 years ? WTF?

lol it's been like 2 months. Hold your horses dude. However, after picking up gloves from the weekly vault I am now fully 213-226 geared now. I have almost nothing I could loot from mythic+, I already have my BiS legendary, and the covenant campaign is done. Now it's just wait for weekly vault, do a bit of pvp for the vault, and log in for mythic progression I guess? I mean I'm not complaining. Can finally start playing other games like PoE outside of raid days.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-01-26 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidX View Post
    no. If you're already bored of dungeons right now, you would need unreasonable amounts of new content to keep satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    9.1 on ptr the week after blizzconline at the end of February.
    9.1 on live servers in the middle of April.
    PTR Next day after the announcement, live mid-march after renown cap.

I really struggle to consider that there is any content drought, like let's be real here... We haven't even seen all the 9.0 content yet. If 9.1 was anytime soon I'd actually be pissed because 9.0 isn't done yet.

How many players have AOTC? Maybe 10%? 5%? LOTS of guilds are still progressing in the raid.
    How many players have completed an M+15? 1%? 0.1%?
    No players have completed the renown path because it still isn't possible.
    How many players have completed endless corridors at the highest level? 0.1%?

I think 9.1 hitting in the summer would be fine. There is plenty of content still to do.

Now the challenge might be that YOU don't like any of the content and thus feel like there is none. If that is the case then you, individually, have a bigger problem because it probably points to WoW not being the game for you anymore because 9.1 isn't magically going to make you love all these systems. It just will expand upon them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You do realize expansion patches always vary right and there is no concrete schedule?

MoP - Launch was September 25. Patch 5.1 was November 27 [63 days]
    WOD - Launch was November 13. Patch 6.1 was February 24 [103 days]
    Legion - Launch was August 30. Patch 7.1 was October 25 8 [56 days]
    BFA - Launch was August 14. Patch 8.1 was December 11 [119 days]
    Shadowlands - Launch was November 23. No 9.1 as of today January 26 [64 days]

Breaking it down further.

MoP - Released Landfall campaign, Brawler's guild, more scenarios were the bigger features
    WoD - Patch 6.1 was mainly bugfixes and such as Blackrock Foundry opened a few weeks prior and had the second raid in the initial game just locked.
    Legion - Patch 7.1 added a Kharazhan mega-dungeon, Insurrection campaign and Trial of Valor
    BFA - Patch 8.1 added Darkshore Warfront, Faction Assaults, Battle of Dazar'alor raid, 2 new island expeditions, more war campaign

So if we look at the bigger picture, rather than complaining "Legion did it better" you get a better picture. The two patches with the shortest release time added fewer things. MoP / Legion both essentially just added quests and a reused dungeon material. MoP had scenario recycle zone content and placed mobs and stuff here and there so less work needed over all. Trial of Valor was a lot of reused assets as well and Kharazhan was in the same boat with some new sprinkled in. Reusing content makes for shorter turn around time in the end.

WoD is just a terrible outlier all around and there's no explaining it especially when you break down the entire 8.1 patch.

BFA added a warfront, a raid, new islands and more story which was a lot more than Legion did. True there was some reused assets like Legion had, but there was a lot more "new" needed for both items making it take longer.

Shadowlands is only 64 days old. We still have another 40 days (month and a half) before people can start getting upset. There's also this whole pandemic thing going on. Sure, they can say it doesn't affect them as much but it will still affect them regardless. Noticeably just means something that is easily seen. People aren't going to notice the patch being a few weeks older than others whereas if it was a few months late then sure.

Overall, it's not the end of the world. Your post is basically saying "I dislike how SL is right now and I want a patch to change everything." which is fine, but don't try to spin it as something it isn't.
    i would agree with you but you put when patches were released not when we got the information.
    so i dont agree with you.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    i would agree with you but you put when patches were released not when we got the information.
    so i dont agree with you.
    Honestly, that was because I was too lazy to google it. The patch release dates was all easily in one spot so I went with that and the OP was more complaining about patch dates so I went with that.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidX View Post
    Why do you need more tho?

We have every thing we need already.

Only thing we could use is some story updates every few months and an increase of M+ dmg/health and vault ilvl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post

u must be unsubbed cause the game is not fine....
    I am very much subbed and enjoying the game currently and imo we have every thing we need already.

Only thing we could use is some story updates every few months and an increase of M+ dmg/health and vault ilvl.

I feel like some people have a hard time getting used to and adapt to the current way that WoW os moving, But i've played a lot of mobile games & Grindy KR MMO's in the past, So i perfectly fine with the route wow is going atm.

One thing we could need is a Daily/weekly "Challange" tab

Now we do have plenty of weekly quests for different content, but a challange could also be something like "Complete 5 callings" as a weekly challange for example
    Last edited by Nalam the Venom; 2021-01-26 at 11:50 PM.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Anyone expecting news about 9.1 before Blizzconline is naive in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if the PTR launched soon after though. That said, I don't necessarily think 9.1 will contain a great deal of new content. We'll probably get more ways to acquire additional anima as we've.. Alleviated the drought with the dismantling of Sire Denathrius' scheme in Castle Nathria.

Maybe they'll also continue the various covenant campaigns, but I don't expect anything major. We'll almost definitely see updates to Torghast and possibly the Maw with 9.1 though. If we're lucky there'll be a Karazhan/Mechagon style mega dungeon, but again, wouldn't count on it.

I will say though, just me personally, I've completed just about anything I care to put the effort into at the moment. I've cleared Castle Nathria multiple times on heroic, done up to a +14 in time for the "best" weekly loot, reached what I'd consider an appropriate pvp rating for my skill level, and finally finished 3/4 of the covenant campaigns. I can't even find the motivation to level a character to do the Necrolord campaign though, so that'll remain incomplete for the moment.

The only thing I'm actually sorry to miss out on is the season 1 mythic dungeon mount, but realistically I have so many mounts collected already that it'd likely just end up as a +1 at some point anyway.

I'm not too bothered by my lack of motivation to play WoW though. It gives me time to play other games instead that have been sitting in my backlog for ages.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2021-01-27 at 12:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Expecting news before blizzcon is pretty dumb. What would they talk about if they didnt have 9.1 to show off? My lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Honestly, that was because I was too lazy to google it. The patch release dates was all easily in one spot so I went with that and the OP was more complaining about patch dates so I went with that.
    we should have gotten some kind of teaser about 9.1 by now.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    PTR Next day after the announcement, live mid-march after renown cap.
    I dont think 3 weeks of testing is enough. At least 4 or 5. Probably 6. And the reason I think the ptr will hit the following week is because Blizzcon is on a weekend. So Monday or Tuesday the next week. Only a few days.

So 9.1 could hit anywhere from March 30th to April 27th depending on how much testing they need on it. If it's a small patch like 8.1 they might get by with 4 or 5 weeks so late March could happen. Still putting my money on April 13th.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
    Expecting news before blizzcon is pretty dumb. What would they talk about if they didnt have 9.1 to show off? My lord.
    Idk but im guessing 9.1 is decently far along and they have artists already working heavily on 9.2. We might get 9.2 details too like past blizzcons.

While I don't mind waiting longer for the major content patches, can we have some more anima gain from other venues than the WQs? The amount you get from any other activit feels very lackluster.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope 9.1 contains AT LEAST 1 new dungeon. The current ones are alright, but there's just a bit too few of them. BFA launched with 10 iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

"Content Drought"

6/10 Normal Mode.

0 Rated 2v2/3v3.

Highest Key 6.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I would be down for about 12 months of this before they need to release 9.1
    Is this satire?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RainEls View Post
    "Content Drought"

6/10 Normal Mode.

0 Rated 2v2/3v3.

Highest Key 6.

Doing things at higher difficulty is not content, I have always hated this argument. With your logic, we have infinite content because of M+.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Is this satire?

- - - Updated - - -

Doing things at higher difficulty is not content, I have always hated this argument. With your logic, we have infinite content because of M+.
    Some might say that's why they like M+.

This thread is the reason why LEGION legendary was needed (for them).
    They would be doing WQ, THAT OLD MAW 50 times a day, PICKING UP CHEST right now just to get hidden time gated legendary, instead of posting "2 MONTHS 2 MONTHS 2 MONTHS 2 MONTHS 2 MONTHS 2 MONTHS" over and over over and over "2 MONTHS!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    Frankly, if that is really the case, then I have to say that's pathetic. I never would have figured SL for a content drought expansion. They assured us time and again that the pandemic wasn't noticeably affecting their production, especially as its digital and can easily be worked at from home.

Shadowlands is now fully 2 months old and there hasn't even been a shred of info on a 9.1 PTR, let alone an actual release. Legion had its 7.1 "Karazhan" patch released to the live servers less than 2 months after launch, so we are now on track for mirroring BfA's godawful release schedule and seeing the .1 patch approximately 4 months after expansion release.

I feel that mass unsubs are just on the horizon.
    Interesting post... So its 'pathetic' to want to announce something at their long scheduled event... Why, exactly, do you believe you are entitled to that knowledge any sooner than Blizzard is ready to tell us?

If there were 'mass unsubs' 'just on the horizon' every time someone whined about not getting information that they wanted we would have never made it to TBC... and yet... here we are.

Your entitlement is really showing.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    SL is 2 months old. Content drought x-pac confirmed.

Yes..ofc "mass unsubs are just on the horizon" - as they were with every doomsayer thread. This time the "mass unsub" will be from the 200 ppl who are left to play the game down to 20
    personally i would say the loot drought would more than a content drought this system cant hold people playing till April at the earliest, only thing holding people playing wow atm with this is the fact that 90% of people need to stay at home still (its maybe 5-10% less that that buy you get the idea)