Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    In the end, all it would do is cost American jobs without preventing them from getting weapons from someone else.
    Lol what??

“We should sell less arms to blow up kids in Yemen “

“But...what about the jobs though. If anyone is gonna make money off killing kids in Yemen it better be us!”

That’s just ghoulish . ...

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the end, all it would do is cost American jobs without preventing them from getting weapons from someone else.
    I'll say not being part of a genocide is worth it. Much like I don't care if Hedge Fund ghouls or the Health insurance industry turns to dust.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2021-01-28 at 03:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    What jobs? Building another memorial? How about we don’t drop bombs all over Middle East, with our address written on them...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'll say not being part of a genocide is worth it. Much like I don't care if Hedge Fund ghouls or the Health insurance industry turns to dust.
    FKN hell i hate when I have to agree with you, but here we are.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    FKN hell i hate when I have to agree with you, but here we are.
    I love it, I say something positive about Biden that I like and I get shit on anyway. But hey, at least it got noticed which that rarely happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it, I say something positive about Biden that I like and I get shit on anyway. But hey, at least it got noticed which that rarely happens.
    Uhm... it had nothing to do with Biden... we were bitching about Trump selling arms for the duration. Nothing changed in that regard... at least on “our” part...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

I'd agree with you on this regardless of who's policy it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Such a low bar for Biden to cross...

It got noticed 100% exactly because its so rare. It's just so obscenely rare that even you forgot how infrequent it happens. I dont' want to speak for the room but honestly the surprising part is you didn't actively blame the DNC for this positive step.

Trump boosted arms sales to Saudi. That barely made you blink. Biden reducing arms sales gets a "well I guess that's good, unless he fucks it up somehow".

I'd ask if you see the hypocrisy but I know you don't.

"In response Theodarzna plays victim card"
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-01-28 at 03:27 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    I'm perfectly okay with America reducing the amount of weapons they sell to shithole regimes. I find it strange that you aren't whatever excuse you like to justify it like a few jobs. Saudi having to pay more for shittier weapons and American reducing how much its complicit in indirectly or directly supporting oppressive regimes sounds like a pure win win to anyone who isn't a sick fuck.

"What's the point of making murder illegal, people are still going to do it" is basically your argument. And it's bad and lazy.

And i'd like to get you on record addressing @Themius 's point. Do you think the jobs lost would be more or less than the lives murdered by American weapons?
    You also reduce what control we have over them. And the countries they turn to would have more than adequate equipment for use in Yemen.

I am concerned about what is best for the US. The people will die with or without new US weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Lol what??

“We should sell less arms to blow up kids in Yemen “

“But...what about the jobs though. If anyone is gonna make money off killing kids in Yemen it better be us!”

That’s just ghoulish . ...
    I actually don't care about the money, just the jobs and industrial base.

- - - Updated - - -

Hedge funds and mutual funds are evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    You also reduce what control we have over them.
    What control? Last time I checked, them buying Trump’s condos, influenced Trump... not the other way around. They can buy guns from Russia... what are we going to do, start another war?

And the countries they turn to would have more than adequate equipment for use in Yemen.
    They bombed school children, with bombs made in US...

I am concerned about what is best for the US. The people will die with or without new US weapons.
    Not killing children...

I actually don't care about the money, just the jobs and industrial base.
    How many jobs would be lost by not selling guns to Middle East? If you care... let’s see figures... because I don’t think you know... I think this is a strange case of virtue signaling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What jobs? Building another memorial? How about we don’t drop bombs all over Middle East, with our address written on them...
    The jobs at Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grumman, Boeing, etc. Its nice to not have to worry about having to buy stuff from your enemies.

You also reduce what control we have over them. And the countries they turn to would have more than adequate equipment for use in Yemen.

So the only way to stop shithole regimes murdering innocent equipment is by giving them better weapons to do so? Do you not see how stupid that logic is?

Unlike you I don't feel the need to enable murder for a few bucks we can make elsewhere. Your level of indifference to the suffering of others based on imaginary lines drawn on the globe is sick to put it nicely.

I consider what's best for the US is to not enable oppressive regimes to murder people easier. Kinda fucked up you don't. And if your idea of controlling them from doing immoral things is to give them the tools to make the immoral things easier. Well I hope I don't have to explain why that doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-01-28 at 03:34 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Kellhound remember how in 2016 Hillary was evil for a charity she no longer worked for, accepting donations from SA? Did them buying condos from Trump corporation, influence them to buy our guns or Trump to sell it to them? I don’t think you understand how the military industrial complex works...

- - - Updated - - -

The jobs at Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grumman, Boeing, etc. Its nice to not have to worry about having to buy stuff from your enemies.
    You are naming corporations, not listing lost jobs. Is this about corporations being rich or the workers? Where was Bin Ladin from? Buying stuff from our enemies?

Edit: Do you think they used American made weapons to dismember an American resident or do you think we don’t sell knives and stuff?
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-01-28 at 03:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What control? Last time I checked, them buying Trump’s condos, influenced Trump... not the other way around. They can buy guns from Russia... what are we going to do, start another war?

They bombed school children, with bombs made in US...

Not killing children...

How many jobs would be lost by not selling guns to Middle East? If you care... let’s see figures... because I don’t think you know... I think this is a strange case of virtue signaling.
    Influence is not always visible. Yes, they can buy from Russia and go under their sphere of influence. Then they will be using Russian bombs to do the exact same thing and the US will have significantly reduced leverage.

No idea on actual numbers, but foreign sales is what has kept the F-15 production line open for years. Then there are the suppliers.

America: Proud mercenaries and happy to arm other mercenaries and brutal killers. Because we have no morals or concerns but our endless quest for profits.

Truly, a shining city on the hill.

Edit: Yo, I hear North Korea is lookin to buy a bunch of shit. What's your stance on giving more Americans good manufacturing jobs to sell them modern weaponry?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    So the only way to stop shithole regimes murdering innocent equipment is by giving them better weapons to do so? Do you not see how stupid that logic is?

Unlike you I don't feel the need to enable murder for a few bucks we can make elsewhere. Your level of indifference to the suffering of others based on imaginary lines drawn on the globe is sick to put it nicely.

I consider what's best for the US is to not enable oppressive regimes to murder people easier. Kinda fucked up you don't. And if your idea of controlling them from doing immoral things is to give them the tools to make the immoral things easier. Well I hope I don't have to explain why that doesn't make sense.
    This is not a simple black and white issue. In the long run, buying Russian weapons would just allow them to buy more than they do now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Influence is not always visible. Yes, they can buy from Russia and go under their sphere of influence. Then they will be using Russian bombs to do the exact same thing and the US will have significantly reduced leverage.
    Yes, and Russia will be economically tied to them... instead of US. You have no clue how leverage works... What would you do to keep the jobs you created building bombs, if SA tells you to stop? What happens?

No idea on actual numbers, but foreign sales is what has kept the F-15 production line open for years. Then there are the suppliers.
    Yet, you know the corporations impacted... that is actually consistent, since the benefit to corporation is so great, relative to workers... that the actual numbers of workers is irrelevant. It’s not like building solar panels and infrastructure in America, will ever be considered America first. Ne... just weapons... so we are beholden to the buyers...

- - - Updated - - -

This is not a simple black and white issue. In the long run, buying Russian weapons would just allow them to buy more than they do now...
    Why would that be? If you make that argument... I am arguing that American weapons are so superior to everyone else’s, that there is no way Russian weapons can kill as many children for even close to half the cost. You just need to buy so many bombs per child killed, it’s not cost effective.

Edit: You virtue signaling jobs lost, I virtue signaling the children killed. Let’s see how this goes...

10+ Year Old Account
    @Kellhound remember how in 2016 Hillary was evil for a charity she no longer worked for, accepting donations from SA? Did them buying condos from Trump corporation, influence them to buy our guns or Trump to sell it to them? I don’t think you understand how the military industrial complex works...

- - - Updated - - -

You are naming corporations, not listing lost jobs. Is this about corporations being rich or the workers? Where was Bin Ladin from? Buying stuff from our enemies?

Edit: Do you think they used American made weapons to dismember an American resident or do you think we don’t sell knives and stuff?
    I understand fully how it works, having both studied it and been part of it.

The concern is keeping skilled workers employed and irreplaceable manufacturing capability intact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    America: Proud mercenaries and happy to arm other mercenaries and brutal killers. Because we have no morals or concerns but our endless quest for profits.

Edit: Yo, I hear North Korea is lookin to buy a bunch of shit. What's your stance on giving more Americans good manufacturing jobs to sell them modern weaponry?
    My concern is not profits.

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentGreymane View Post
    Yea, especially when she talks dirty like this ..

Sorry Liz Warren. Jen Psaki is now my Liberal PMC Dream Girl!

I stonks for her.
    As a side note, i hope that redditt closes r/wallstreetbets. It is a cesspool...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

I mean, you armed right wing militias in the 70s in chile, in order to destabilize (an already fragile) the regime, and supported a coup. And also, you funded the contra. I really dont understand the shining city in the hill schtick tbh.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker