Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Only DH Tanks in +20?

When i check raider.io 75% of all tanks are DH above +20.
    Don't you guys think there's something wrong here?

Is it the high DPS of DHs?
    I still don't like healing DHs too much because they're squishy, but its not like you have a choice.

Not calling for a nerf here, just maybe other tanks need some buffs or something, seems like the community loves DHs a little too much at the moment. I notice the same in the MDI, only DHs...

Their gamestyle fits perfectly with the current way of doing things. Together with a strong kit.

That doesn't mean that other classes wouldn't be able to do these things as well, but with so many rerolling, it's only normal that the vast majority of any possible logs are from these 'meta' classes.

id say its the dps combo'd with the utility and self healing with meta ( i may be wrong tho)

Means that it's easier to run away from mobs err I mean kite mobs with a DH.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to guess it's almost entirely because M+ right now involves a shitton of kiting and DH have great mobility.

Also, DH are squishy between CDs but most other tanks (save for bear) are much worse, especially the higher you go.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    id say its the dps combo'd with the utility and self healing with meta ( i may be wrong tho)
    Its the mobility they can drop sigils and jump away to get out other tanks arent as mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Its the mobility they can drop sigils and jump away to get out other tanks arent as mobile.
    DH might be the kings of go-go mythic+ but give us a mega dungeon or two this expansion and my prot warrior will finally shine! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony3187 View Post
    DH might be the kings of go-go mythic+ but give us a mega dungeon or two this expansion and my prot warrior will finally shine! =)
    Its more at high keys you cant stay in direct melee combat with mobs you have to generate threat and run away so you dont die. Not a big fan of this style of tanking myself but it is very good for DHs

insane aoe burst, self healing,top mobility, 5% magic dmg buff, strongest survival cd on 1min cd AND full one on 4min, 2nd life, aoe chains, aoe silence, aoe fear that doesnt run mobs away or put you in combat, imprison for skips. aoe dispell or vanish.

and wears leather so your boomie and ww monk can share loot.

is there something wrong? yes
    is it something new? no
    is it a problem? not really, it's a +20 not a weekly/+15. just annoying if you aren't w/e is the current preferred class.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    When i check raider.io 75% of all tanks are DH above +20.
    Don't you guys think there's something wrong here?

Is it the high DPS of DHs?
    I still don't like healing DHs too much because they're squishy, but its not like you have a choice.

Not calling for a nerf here, just maybe other tanks need some buffs or something, seems like the community loves DHs a little too much at the moment. I notice the same in the MDI, only DHs...

I don't think anything necessarily needs nerfed or buffed, but that dungeon tanking in this expac needs to change. No reason we should be REQUIRED to kite every pack at like 10+ on fort weeks. It's silly.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Also, DH are squishy between CDs
    True, but with how things work in SL for DH's due to legendaries and conduits, they pretty much always have aoe fiery brand or metamorphosis active. Demon Spikes bare minimum. No facetanking without DR at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    True, but with how things work in SL for DH's due to legendaries and conduits, they pretty much always have aoe fiery brand or metamorphosis active. Demon Spikes bare minimum. No facetanking without DR at all.
    To be clear, I was not calling DH's squishy if you read the entirety of my post. I was responding to the OP calling them "squishy," and saying maybe between CDs but they are actually probably the least fragile tank after bear.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Yup, as a monk it's tank until you're out of purifies and the absorb is down (so like 10-15 seconds), then run for your life until you get them back up.
    Keep ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN'

M+ involves tons of kiting at higher key levels, and DHs are the best kiting tanks bar mayyyybe Monks. On top of that that have ready access to powerful cooldowns, good self-healing, and almost DPS level of damage. Basically, anything another tank can do, DH can do better save for a few niche jobs.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post
    I don't think anything necessarily needs nerfed or buffed, but that dungeon tanking in this expac needs to change. No reason we should be REQUIRED to kite every pack at like 10+ on fort weeks. It's silly.
    This pretty much sums up the main issue. So much kiting is required. Tanks should be tanking and should have the tools to tank not just run away. The problem is this is the solution to another problem. If you don't have to kite the pack, the new meta will be 2 packs and kite it for better aoe dps. This is just blizzards response to the meta moving towards kiting so they simply made it necessary.

FoTM combined with imbalance. Even ppl doing below 10 keys have been meta-slaved into LF "DH or Monk only" tanks.

Going from Legion into BFA 8.0 they nerfed tank threat by 50-60%. To my understand i thought it was to prevent high key kiting strats by tank eventually losing aggro on the floods of mobs they grouped up.

I also wanted to believe that the aoe - target limit cap was introduced in Shadowlands was to counteract massive kiting. After watching last week's MDI... i guess not.
    Last edited by Samuraijake; 2021-01-28 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    FoTM combined with imbalance. Even ppl doing below 10 keys have been meta-slaved into LF "DH or Monk only" tanks.
    Thats something that drives me nuts - right after the world first race you see normal mode guilds asking for whatever tanks method/limit or w/e used and refuse to budge on it. Its mind numbing.

Biggest things are definitely damage and meta. Meta allows you to practically not die for half a minute, which in hand enables you to do pulls such as pulling the entire trash pack on top of theater's first boss even on 20+ (which was something we could not do on 21 with a DK tank). On the damage part their overall output is just too strong to not utilize in higher keys. Mobility is a bonus when it comes to kiting, but it's really not the main reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard doesn't have standards anymore, might as well just delete the specs no one plays.