Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

Narnia was actually the bible but yeah.
    Yeah its was the bible, like LotR!

Fun fact, both writers knew each other. I think they where even in the same book writing club or something like that :S

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, the idea that the races in the shadowlands should resemble the already existing cast of races sounds way worse than it is right now.
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly can't understand why people say SL doesn't feel like WoW. Maldraxxus reminds me a lot of the old Plaguelands, in a way. Ardenweald is basically Val'Sharah with new colors. Bastion is reminiscent of Suramar, but, again, with new colors. The gothic architecture of Revendreth kinda reminds me a bit of Gilneas' architecture.

As for NPCs? Well, Maldraxxus has undead, something that has been present in basically every expansion. Ardenweald has beasts and plant people, something that, again, has been present in every expansion. Bastion has blue humans, and humans have existed for the longest time in WoW. Just not blue, though.. Revendreth has vampire-themed beings... and WoW has san'layn.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    As for NPCs? Well, Maldraxxus has undead, something that has been present in basically every expansion. Ardenweald has beasts and plant people, something that, again, has been present in every expansion. Bastion has blue humans, and humans have existed for the longest time in WoW. Just not blue, though.. Revendreth has vampire-themed beings... and WoW has san'layn.
    "There are humans, animals, plants and undead - must be Warcraft". Every game ever has these. Doesn't mean that anything other than Warcraft actually feels like Warcraft. It's the design of those things that doesn't feel like Warcraft. I honestly have no idea why this is so hard to understand for some of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    "There are humans, animals, plants and undead - must be Warcraft". Every game ever has these. Doesn't mean that anything other than Warcraft actually feels like Warcraft. It's the design of those things that doesn't feel like Warcraft. I honestly have no idea why this is so hard to understand for some of you.
    Because feelings are 100%, completely, and entirely subjective. You are getting frustrated that someone doesnt feel the same way about something as you do....and i honestly have no idea why that is so hard for you to understand.

There are similarities, and differences, just like every other expansion. When TBC came out a LOT of people said the same thing. And with legion. "space? wtf are we heading to space? is this warcraft or starcraft?"

You also intentionally oversimplified their comment to better suit your argument, which doesnt do your argument any good at all. And I would avoid using hyperbole in your reply as well, because quite clearly "every game ever" does not have humans, animals, plants and undead" so its kind of an unusual claim to make.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You also intentionally oversimplified their comment to better suit your argument, which doesnt do your argument any good at all. And I would avoid using hyperbole in your reply as well, because quite clearly "every game ever" does not have humans, animals, plants and undead" so its kind of an unusual claim to make.
    I know at least one game off the top of my head that not only doesn't feature all of those, it doesn't even feature any of those. And Tetris isn't exactly some obscure game.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I know at least one game off the top of my head that not only doesn't feature all of those, it doesn't even feature any of those. And Tetris isn't exactly some obscure game.
    Weirdly, for some reason, that "water pipes" games popped into my head. Ignoring all card games, tile games, puzzle games, I mean shit - I would argue more games have NONE of those things than have ANY of those things.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because personal preference is hard to put into words, always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    Because personal preference is hard to put into words, always has been.
    I doubt many people struggle with putting their feelings into words. The real difference is whether anybody can accept that other viewpoints from their own are valid.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Nah, pretty sure it's just you buddy.
    Absolutely wrong. This shit is world of diablo. The lands are boring, music is underwhelming, and the time gating is ridiculous. That being said, i LOVE the boss fights. From dungeons to raids, the mechanics are pretty engaging and make for memorable fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Absolutely wrong. This shit is world of diablo. The lands are boring, music is underwhelming, and the time gating is ridiculous. That being said, i LOVE the boss fights. From dungeons to raids, the mechanics are pretty engaging and make for memorable fights.
    Nice opinion.

I actually really enjoy shadowlands and it feels fully like WoW to me. My only complaint so far is if you miss great vaults and want to start alts, your progression is gated. I was capping my alts just for the vault and they are all like 220, but the 2 I missed are stuck waiting for vaults to be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    I mean it is a 16 year old game with a lore that is 20 years old. If they dont branch out the storyline and do the same old, same old, how stale do you think it will be?

Can you name anything in pop culture, any TV show or game that has lasted as long as WoW has?

I agree, both the Maw as well as Torghast are strongly Diablo influenced. But no MMO in gaming history has ever tried to bring roguelike dungeon crawl into their game. It is unique and will take some iterations to perfect it.
    One piece. (Sorry i had to)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    I love the music, to be fair i listen to it during my first playthrough and turn it off, but thats the same since TBC. The zones are a highlight for me this time around - i like 2 of them quite a lot, although the vampire one i always spell wrong will be much better with flying i think, but i still really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    I mean it is a 16 year old game with a lore that is 20 years old. If they dont branch out the storyline and do the same old, same old, how stale do you think it will be?

Can you name anything in pop culture, any TV show or game that has lasted as long as WoW has?

I agree, both the Maw as well as Torghast are strongly Diablo influenced. But no MMO in gaming history has ever tried to bring roguelike dungeon crawl into their game. It is unique and will take some iterations to perfect it.
    Pokemon is still popular and they never change. It's still the same old game, for 24 years now. Harvest Moon, Zelda, Mario. Nintendo/Japan has many games that never changed from long long ago.
    At western world Simpsons is still going. It's not as popular as before but still people watch and reference it all the time. South Park as well. Crash just had a reboot and we'll see if they'll continue it even more.
    Ubisoft has Far Cry and AC still going as popular as ever. Rip Rayman, it lasted a good 16 years? Here's hoping new and better one comes along.
    There's GTA, COD, Elder Scrolls, Doom.

There's soo many games and brands from 15-20 years ago that are still going and are still very popular. Feels like there's more old ones than new ones.

Yes, exactly this. It's because some people have a pathological need to argue, possibly to validate their investment in the game. First thing pointing to this is how people jumped to defend Shadowlands even though I didn't say it was bad, I just said it felt different.
    Ardenweald is NOTHING like Ashenvale, Maldraxxus is NOTHING like Plaguelands outside the most superficial things. Saying they're the same is like saying this thread is the same as LOTR because both use mostly the same letters. It's ridiculous.
    Last edited by belicus; 2021-01-28 at 09:41 AM.

Yeah, something about it feels off. It seems as though the devs wanted to make a new game but their project never got greenlighted so they ported these ideas to Warcraft. Afterlives composed solely of blue humans or vampires can be a bit alienating to such a rich universe with races such as Tauren, draenei, void elves and goblins.

In its iteration I think Shadowlands looks more like an expansion set in Azeroth or another Titan-world than a proper afterlife. I honestly think it'd be preferred. Bastion is pure titan: owls, valkyr, constructs, a path of duty, order and obedience. Oribos looks titanic too, and Ardenweald is your typical night elf forest with some Avatar put in.

Everything is too fleshy and "alive" except for the Maw, whose aesthetics and traits look more demonic than those of the demon faction, the Burning Legion. Diablo clearly had an influence there.

So far I like Shadowlands, but I'm really not sure about its longterm impact on the Warcraft cosmology. I honestly feel we should have been given a proper Nyalotha/Nazjatar expansion instead of the rushed job we got in bfa.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    I didn't even hit 52 before I gave up. I'm sorry but another expansion where the only thing to look forward to is borrowed powers that we'll lose isn't something to look forward to. No new class or race for the 2nd expansion in a row. More borrowed content and temporary powers. More waste of time and yet another expansion where the only thing to do at max is M+ and other bullshit.

Blizzard is dead. They ran out of ideas. The game is dead.
    No new race or class for the 2nd expansion? BFA added what, 12 races and Legion gave you a class. Chill.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I'm pretty sure I remember people complaining about same assets being constantly used in BFA, especially warfronts.

Random lore that was made up on the spot is gona look like random lore added on the spot too.