Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    the game is empty? Its very much alive and kicking, i find it extremely busy. Are you sure you are not just exaggerating to try and prove a point? I think the real childish attitude around here is people calling others "crybabies" simply because their opinion about loot in a game is different - to me, THAT is childish and quite pathetic.
    nah, only hardcore gamer are in game, i saw a lot of normal players quitting the game since 1-2 weeks, because the endgame is again boring like bfa was, grind wq for ressources, farming for mount, reput who dont give big reward etc.. blizzard have difficulty to make a end game appealing if you're not a hardcore raider/mm+

for now, you dont see the difference because it just began, wait 1-2 month and you'll see the real difference :P

its bfa 2.0 , man with good graphic

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    nah, only hardcore gamer are in game, i saw a lot of normal players quitting the game since 1-2 weeks, because the endgame is again boring like bfa was, grind wq for ressources, farming for mount, reput who dont give big reward etc.. blizzard have difficulty to make a end game appealing if you're not a hardcore raider/mm+

for now, you dont see the difference because it just began, wait 1-2 month and you'll see the real difference :P

its bfa 2.0 , man with good graphic
    You guys are entirely delusional. The game is doing absolutely fine, and is extremely active, in both pve and pvp. I just dont understand why anyone would try and argue about something so easily provable in just seconds - log in, have a look around, look at the group finder, queue for something. Now, obviously dead servers remain dead - thats nothing to do with SL - dead servers very seldom recover. Same is true for an alliance toon logging into a realm with a 85% horde bias and saying "see look, iron forge is empty at 3am on a thursday!"
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-01-28 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    You're not voicing your opinion. You're arguing with anyone who has criticism of SL. And you're arguing as if *you're* right and everyone else is wrong. There are words for that which the rules prevent be from being unedited about.
    Link the post where i said i was right. Ill chill out here and wait. You are honestly making ZERO sense and just swinging wildly. I am enjoying SL - i was also pretty outspoken about how poor BfA was, both during, and after. I also didnt really like Legion and have voiced that opinion many times as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Personal insults are pro, Bro. Reported. You're just blind.
    What? What personal insult? What on earth are you talking about?
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-01-28 at 02:28 AM.

Teamwork and accomplishment. No loot can compare to the feeling of a raid team hitting on all cylinders and finally beating a boss. Loot is icing on the cake. Some of the most satisfying wins for me had nothing to do with "getting the best loot". In fact, many of them resulted in no loot at all for me. YMMV. But

Personal insults are pro, Bro. Reported. You're just blind.
    Yeah I'm gonna call bull shit. Without some kind of reward, what's the point of doing content in an MMO? Saying "teamwork and accomplishment" is reward enough is the same as companies hiring unpaid interns and saying their payment is "exposure and experience".

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    Since Blizzard significantly screwed up scaling for BFA and Legion content, I can actually do less old content on any of my level 60 characters than I could in 9.3, and that feels bad.
    Yeah, that's bugging me too. I though I would waltz into Tomb Of Sargeras and crush it on mythic. I got my rear end handed to me.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Classic levels of loot will never work in a system where master looter doesn't exist.

Yeah, that's bugging me too. I though I would waltz into Tomb Of Sargeras and crush it on mythic. I got my rear end handed to me.
    This is something i really am confused about - I can understand some mythic bosses from the last tier of the expansion offering SOME resistance to a "geared" solo player, but my opinion is it should all be manageable. For the more causal player wanting those xmogs, waiting until the next expansion is reasonable, but waiting 3-4 YEARS seems pretty mental.

Why are you deleting all your posts? I tried to quote your earlier post and it is no longer there.

7+ Year Old Account

Arrow

Mightytasty
    Classic levels of loot will never work in a system where master looter doesn't exist.
    The wording isn't bad itself, but I'd replace "master looter doesn't exist" with "personal loot does exist".

1. Group loot is needed (according to group decision, minimal personal progress, this is one of main mechanisms of influence of local society on formation personality in this system, friendship/affection/relation, loot and content); 2. progress is needed linear (in accordance with increasing complexity, although I don't see the point in its "current high level"; if we put aside multi-difficulties' system for a second, then there're some positive shifts in this part, kind of ceiling appeared, however, they're greatly depreciated by 1+3 points from here); 3. content needs to keep up with progress (it's being given/dependent on successful player's actions, and not for free, as now; their aforementioned differentiation only aggravates situation)... that's when we'll talk about something harmonious, some equilibrium.

and this is if don't remember classes' design/progress, organization of characteristics, professions and other "unimportant nonsense"

ps. Just for reference, PvP gear (real, and not heresy that they have now) technically isn't loot at all, only programmatic elements of division of progress and ranking of participation time/total experience, the rest lies on rating system's "shoulders". This is in case you'll want to reduce whole conversation to opposition of what can and should work according to different such rules (so not to violate and not cause conflicts in its general/global rules).
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2021-02-01 at 05:46 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    The system doesn't allow professions to be relevant either, unlike Vanilla/BC, or even WotLK to an extent.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I agree, torghast is a little boring and PvP tuning is a little frustrating, but I’ve had a blast with everything else.
    Thorgast is usless if u caped ashes and crafted legend. PVP tuning? PVP is broken there is no tuning.

Agreed. "What would you add to this expansion to spice up the system?" Well...PVE Badges would be nice. Not to mention Maw updates, as well as Torghast updates.

- - - Updated - - -

"Gear should be dropping similar to how it did in BFA or even Legion." Probably for M+, but not for raids. Raids should have a medium imo of like 4 pieces of gear per boss, maybe 5. Legion and BFA overextended that, while SL does the opposite. Instead of finding the right medium, it undermines gearing more by giving so little gear, that it actually makes PVE in general rather...worthless? Why should I PVE in Normal/Heroic Nathria if I'm going to get like 1-2 pieces of loot throughout the entire raid MAX?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Thorgast is usless if u caped ashes and crafted legend. PVP tuning? PVP is broken there is no tuning.
    You still have to upgrade your legendary, or make multiple Legendaries in case you have a BIS one and are willing to replace your older Legendary with a piece of Nathria gear...

But yeah, Torghast is kinda worthless. Outside of some cosmetics, and a Maw Mount (Which is mid, as the Maw is pointless outside of some optional sockets and the weekly renown quest/daily).

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You guys are entirely delusional. The game is doing absolutely fine, and is extremely active, in both pve and pvp. I just dont understand why anyone would try and argue about something so easily provable in just seconds - log in, have a look around, look at the group finder, queue for something. Now, obviously dead servers remain dead - thats nothing to do with SL - dead servers very seldom recover. Same is true for an alliance toon logging into a realm with a 85% horde bias and saying "see look, iron forge is empty at 3am on a thursday!"
    i think its you who is desilusional, remove the boring wq for anima, raid and mm+ and you'll see an empty game, there is nothing else to do lol, the game is just about going in mm+ and high end raid, thats all, no fun daily quest, no new quest, events to do each day, the same wq day after day for another stupid ressource to farm, this time being anima

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    i think its you who is desilusional, remove the boring wq for anima, raid and mm+ and you'll see an empty game, there is nothing else to do lol, the game is just about going in mm+ and high end raid, thats all, no fun daily quest, no new quest, events to do each day, the same wq day after day for another stupid ressource to farm, this time being anima
    Well yeah, and if you remove the cars from granturismo it will be pretty boring as well. Mind-blowing, did you think this through at all?

I really don’t understand everyone that keeps saying this is a good expansion... I quit after one month. Honestly I would almost say bfa was better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saar View Post
    I really don’t understand everyone that keeps saying this is a good expansion... I quit after one month. Honestly I would almost say bfa was better.

Of course you understand. It's the same reason why you would say this almost think BFA was better.

Because of O-P-I-N-I-O-N-S.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    The new standard is
    "no more dampening PvP"
    "no more endless farms and chores"
    "no more RNG in gear and legendaries"

The whole expansion just feels...right (in concept, with just a few "bugs" on the system)

Now it just needs a bit of "spice" in my opinion.
    This spice cant become a chore to do weekly...so...it needs to either be a "pure fun mechanic" or a "pure cosmetic activity"

Blizzard already added one "spice"...but they decided to go with "Torghast with cosmetics" (-__-) bleh

What would you add to this expansion to spice up the system?

EDIT:
    I would add a MOST WANTED leaderboard system to Warmode (UwU) toxic system, as it should be
    As a 16 year vet I disagree with everything youve said. 90 percent of AWC games went deep into dampening which means once Arena reach a certain gear level its BfA all over again.
    The other 10 percent is someone in Arena dying randomly to a one shot.

M+ progression is absolutely awful and its killing that content.

Raids dropping so little loot will kill that content much quicker than usual.

Torghast is boring AF. Maw is boring AF.

The Jailer is the worst Villain ever.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    I mean, not really. Considering that you're definitely going to be able to use multiple legendaries at once in the future, it makes sense to stock up.

This gets much worse if you have even a single alt, the lack of a catch-up mechanic sucks.

PvP isn't that bad, there's just a few outliers that ruin it for the rest and Blizzard seemingly just ignores it. In fairness, this has pretty much always been the case - PvE has always been the spotlight show of WoW, PvP has and always will be a last priority fix.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-01-28 at 07:08 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The new standard is PvE not dropping anything outside of the weekly vault. That alone is enough to negate whatever other qualities this xpac may have.
    This. Truly if I didn't enjoy playing with my guild and enjoy the experience of Mythic raiding I would have quit this expansion already. I truly contemplated it when my game time was up earlier this month.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

The monthly subscription should also mail you a dozen amphetamine tablets so that you can be the best neurotic obsessed maniac you can be.