Bowser’s Fury is about 6 hours to 100%, 3 hours to beat. Guess I won’t be double dipping on super Mario 3D world after all.

I just finished "Paper Mario: The Origami King" and I have to say, that game is way better than I thought it would be. I remember there being a lot of talk about the combat system when it was released, and not nearly enough about just how... fun, heartwarming, gruesome AND sad the story and characters are. It is not often I get such feels from a Mario game.
    On top of that its just a very beautiful game.

I am very glad I got it as a present this christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Archpriest View Post
    I just finished "Paper Mario: The Origami King" and I have to say, that game is way better than I thought it would be. I remember there being a lot of talk about the combat system when it was released, and not nearly enough about just how... fun, heartwarming, gruesome AND sad the story and characters are. It is not often I get such feels from a Mario game.
    On top of that its just a very beautiful game.

I am very glad I got it as a present this christmas!
    Finished that one myself not long ago and agree, it was a decent game. I’m also a sucker for the paper aesthetic. It seems a lot of people just get mad about paper Mario not being TTYD anymore, and I get that, but it doesn’t make the new ones bad. I find them enjoyable laid back rpg lite, and at least they fill the hole a bit from the Mario and Luigi series being nothing but a memory.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Finished that one myself not long ago and agree, it was a decent game. I’m also a sucker for the paper aesthetic. It seems a lot of people just get mad about paper Mario not being TTYD anymore, and I get that, but it doesn’t make the new ones bad. I find them enjoyable laid back rpg lite, and at least they fill the hole a bit from the Mario and Luigi series being nothing but a memory.
    They aren't even RPG Lite, they are straight adventure games. They removed every RPG mechanic from the series because Miyamoto claimed they only needed 1 Mario RPG series. Yet now years later Alpha Dream went bankrupt so there is 0 active Mario RPG series.

Its fine to like it for what it is ofc, but you can't use RPG to describe modern Paper Mario games at all.

I've been hooked on Hades for the past week. I can't stop playing this thing. The bow is my obsession. Does anyone know how to unlock the stupid aspects? I've played what I felt was a ton, but only used the bow, and there seem to be divergent answers on reddit(I think the game was in early access a long time, there is a lot of dated info on reddit).
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-01-28 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I've been hooked on Hades for the past week. I can't stop playing this thing. The bow is my obsession. Does anyone know how to unlock the stupid aspects? I've played what I felt was a ton, but only used the bow, and there seem to be divergent answers on reddit(I think the game was in early access a long time, there is a lot of dated info on reddit).
    As far as I remember (and reminded myself via internet) you gotta:
    1) Get the spear aspect first
    2) Invest blood into the bows other aspects (5 total)
    3) Wait and hope the dialogue procs. Had issues with this one, took a long time until Artemis gave me access to the bow. It seems to be either totally random or time-gated, since after completing 1 and 2 I had to meet her multiple times in order to get special aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I’m going to dial it back and get literal. You “choose” the bow then you “choose” it again to open the aspect menu. From their spend titan blood to rank them up. It took me a few runs to even realize there was another menu there. Other poster is correct that the spear rank needs to be done to get other “final form” unlocks done if that’s what you mean. Or at least it seems like it does. With how the various dialogue trees work in this game it’s hard to tell what is a needed trigger versus what is just bad luck.

On the bow, Aspect of Chiron is insane with a good pair of hammer upgrades. My best win streak (6 or 7) was running the bow like this, and it used to be my worst weapon until I got a proper rhythm going.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...out-bayonetta/

"Forget about Bayonetta 3 until we are ready to release something"

Yeah, i don't think this game is happening anymore. I'm a huge fan of Bayonetta but also character action games in general and i think Platinum went from coasting as the only respectable game in town after DmC to DMCV coming out and they went "oh fuck, now we have a comparable high standard to be compared against" which meant their own "we are called platinum because it never loses its lustre" tagline ethos meant they had to go back to the drawing board to try and outperform DMCV. I think at best this release has gone back to the drawing board and at worst its in full on "shelve it until we have an idea that works" like Starcraft Ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...out-bayonetta/

"Forget about Bayonetta 3 until we are ready to release something"

Yeah, i don't think this game is happening anymore. I'm a huge fan of Bayonetta but also character action games in general and i think Platinum went from coasting as the only respectable game in town after DmC to DMCV coming out and they went "oh fuck, now we have a comparable high standard to be compared against" which meant their own "we are called platinum because it never loses its lustre" tagline ethos meant they had to go back to the drawing board to try and outperform DMCV. I think at best this release has gone back to the drawing board and at worst its in full on "shelve it until we have an idea that works" like Starcraft Ghost.
    Kamiya: It’s not really our position to say, but… it’s January. We’ve got to have something come out, right? I guess it’s safe to expect that something will come out. There’s still a lot of the year left is what I’m saying.

By “update”, do you mean something more substantial than another CGI logo?

Kamiya: (Laughs) I understand it’s driving the fans crazy! In light of that, my suggestion would be that maybe we should all reset and forget about Bayonetta 3. Then when something finally does happen, it will be a nice surprise, won’t it?
    If you don't try to click bait and take the quote out of context it actually sounds way more optimistic about Bayonetta 3 then what it seemed like before. It wouldn't be a dope danny post without cutting context for maximum controversy though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this sucks:
    There are no plans to release a luxurious version or limited BOX that combines all the software and goods of this work, such as the "Collector's Pack".
    * Excludes reservation / purchase benefits from e-Store and each corporation.

https://www.jp.square-enix.com/bd2/

Thanks for the comments. I was referring to being able to even change aspects to begin with, not the hidden ones. I figured it out(or at least this worked for me). I needed to unlock the final weapon and then I beat the first boss on heat 0 with each weapon. Once I did that, aspects unlocked the next time I went back to the armory.

Is it too late to buy a Switch? I don’t want to drop money on it, only to have to buy a next gen Nintendo console in 2 years.

That is a gamble with a 2 year period. It will be approaching 6 years since the release of the Switch which is definitely close to new console territory.

I would bite the bullet and enjoy what the Switch has to offer now rather than worry about the future.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Is it too late to buy a Switch? I don’t want to drop money on it, only to have to buy a next gen Nintendo console in 2 years.
    If it has games on it you want to play then buy it.

No one knows what Nintendo will do within the next 2 years but I highly doubt a new switch being out anytime soon.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    This is an odd thing to think to me. I guess the question is do you think you could get your moneys worth gaming on it for 2 years?

I'd never worry that far into the future, if there was rumors of something dropping in a few months or something I'd get it but worrying about years away seems silly.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's never "too late" to buy a games console, being later into a generation just means you don't have to wait as much for the big tentpole first party releases to come out, a lot of the games Nintendo has made and published since 2017 are still worth playing.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    It's never "too late" to buy a games console, being later into a generation just means you don't have to wait as much for the big tentpole first party releases to come out, a lot of the games Nintendo has made and published since 2017 are still worth playing.
    I would say there comes a point when buying a system makes no sense. For example buying a PS4 or PS4 Pro in the last year when the PS5 was fully BC is a pretty shit value and not really worth it. But yea, this doesn't apply to Switch and won't until its successor is near release. There is still plenty of life left in the Switch and Nintendo isn't abandoning that massive install base any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I would say there comes a point when buying a system makes no sense. For example buying a PS4 or PS4 Pro in the last year when the PS5 was fully BC is a pretty shit value and not really worth it. But yea, this doesn't apply to Switch and won't until its successor is near release. There is still plenty of life left in the Switch and Nintendo isn't abandoning that massive install base any time soon.
    If you don't have or plan to get a 4K TV, don't have the money for a PS5, or don't see any games worth playing on the PS5, I see no need to buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    If you don't have or plan to get a 4K TV, don't have the money for a PS5, or don't see any games worth playing on the PS5, I see no need to buy one.
    I understand your sentiment but in the end the point TEch614 made still stands.
    There is little value in getting a console when maybe a year or even 2 it will be replaced with something new.

Having said that.
    This gen may be a bit different because BC has been a thing and some major new games are being released cross gen.
    However this is Sony and Microsoft but with Nintendo who for the love of god can't seem to decide on what medium they want to run there games on I can imagine that any future release will again use a different type of storage because the current max 32GB cartridges are just not enough for even today's games.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    I understand your sentiment but in the end the point TEch614 made still stands.
    There is little value in getting a console when maybe a year or even 2 it will be replaced with something new.

Having said that.
    This gen may be a bit different because BC has been a thing and some major new games are being released cross gen.
    However this is Sony and Microsoft but with Nintendo who for the love of god can't seem to decide on what medium they want to run there games on I can imagine that any future release will again use a different type of storage because the current max 32GB cartridges are just not enough for even today's games.
    Cartridges or proper SD cards are the only option if they wanna keep portability. Can't fit spinning disc into that formfactor, and avoid read errors when moving around.