Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Sounds like your engaging in an actionable activity. I think the kids call it griefing.
    How do you grief a bot?

Quote Originally Posted by Sefer View Post
    Seriously, rarely seen on BFA to this extend. I don't really understand the increase in multiboxers due to hardware costs. But I guess there is a VM solution for it to perfectly imitate hardware inputs without noticing...

It is in terms of software. And hardware should be included, too! Tried farming widowbloom and I shit you not there were 3 groups of multiboxers (5+ chars each). No way to get herbs on my route. This shouldn't be allowed.
    Hardware doesnt stop you either, easy enough to alt tab click on 5 screen and use /follow

I see a lot of them. Maybe they are gathering on smaller servers now?

Not sure if it's more than in BfA. Maybe more than at the start of BfA, but I remember Naz'jatar also having a fair number of druid swarms.

But yeah, last week I tried farming herbs in Maldraxxus but it was just impossible. I think herbs can only be harvested 10 times in a row now before they despawn?

Point is, there were at least 4 druid clusters rushing around the zone's open areas, harvesting every herb in sight and leaving none in their wake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sefer View Post
    It is in terms of software. And hardware should be included, too! Tried farming widowbloom and I shit you not there were 3 groups of multiboxers (5+ chars each). No way to get herbs on my route. This shouldn't be allowed.
    No, it isn't. Certain software multiboxers used in the past is no longer allowed because it allows automation beyond multiboxing. Multiboxing is explicitly still allowed.

i don't recall seeing any so far in SL, maybe when flying comes back the druid's will be back out in force

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    *Sigh*

Multiboxing is not against the rules. Using software that allows 1 keystroke to control several other accounts, is. The "Blizz dun care!"-line is inane especially so soon after they changed their stance on this matter.

I see a lot of players in the world as I spend a lot of time farming/leveling on my single characters, and I make damned sure to inspect multiboxers as I see them. I've only seen 1 using said software so far, and I got a mail in-game for reporting that user.

One reason for there being so many multiboxers, is that there's a ton of gold to be made and likely more players in total than there were during this same period of BfA.

Considering that I've been called a botter and reported as such more times than I can count throughout my days of farming in this game, I sincerely doubt the ability of rando's to spot actual bot behaviour/behaviour that's too smooth and sequenced to be manual. Most players can't even spot differences in mount animations.

Report and if you get a message in-game thanking you, you found one out.

Multiboxing might become against the rules eventually, but as long as they do not utilize keystroke software, it's kosher for now.
    didnt blizzard recently(within the last few months) ban multiboxing using a bot like program?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I've noticed a sharp DECREASE in multiboxers out and about, not an increase I'm not sure about all that.
    Probably depends on your herbing/farming routes. I took a screen shoot when I was herbing, and it was insane how many druids were on follow and/or carrying other herbalist chars. I took the time to count because it was ridiculously crowded, and not including my char there were almost 40 druids on my screen at the time according to the friendly nameplates. Now I tend to take more obscure routes as the yield is better for me, but if I went on the "mainstream" routes it's insanely crowded with the druid traffic right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    didnt blizzard recently(within the last few months) ban multiboxing using a bot like program?
    They banned using input broadcasting software to control multiple chars at once, not actually playing multiple chars at once. I'd surmise one of the main reasons is that many actual bot programs use similar methods of control, and outright banning it would allow their agent program to flag such activity with minimal false positives of cheating.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

multiboxing is not bannable dude, even if you report them in daily basis, blizzard will only act agains them if they use broadcast software, wich isnt required to multibox now, a simple addon can do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    How do you grief a bot?
    A botis still an avatar of a real person. You are griefing them. An extreme analogy would be the husband of a rape victim going out and attacking the alleged offender. A lot of people may say what the husband did is justified and cheer but it is still against the rules. It is not your or the husband's job to judge the alleged offender, because until proven by the maker of the rules it is only an allegation, and it certainly isn't your job to hand out punishment.

Griefing as defined by blizzard is disruption of another's game play. The argument could be that it is automation, not a player and blizzard may see it this way. Or they might not. Someone who takes the rules into their own hands and decides on justice contrary to the ruling entity can face punishment themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think a lot of people haven't gotten the memo that Multiboxing is still perfectly legal, just key duplication being actionable.
    This....why are people reporting Multiboxers. Stop.

I've always hated Multiboxers, but it's not against the rules. It's best that the report system isn't filled with shit reports.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post

But when you use software to automate it , it is ban worthy. And if you and 8 other druids with the same name farm 1 note ( herb/mine) at the same time without any delay . while 1 account is leading them and the rest is following them. Its a ban .
    Blizzard can already detect when a user is doing this. A report isn't necessary.

It still amuses me seeing these kind of posts and people STILL ignorantly blaming multiboxers for what botters do. I perma quit after blizzard ruined multiboxing for legal players but as this game slowly dies due to them catering to simple folk. I can read these posts when I swing by and get amused at the continual damage bots do to the game while the players get angry at the wrong target as usual. Good times

Let's be honest, if we all know that it's typically druids anyway in terms of botting/multiboxing, just nerf what makes them good at that and compensate druids in other ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant report these scumbags fast enough.... I hope they all get banned and lose their accounts! Fuck them!

The same with all those scumbags selling carries for money or advertising carries for gold in group finder. Fuck them too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen any since they made them against the TOS. Doesn't mean they aren't still out there but I don't think I have seen a single one the entire expansion thus far. That said I am on a smaller server so that may have something to do with it.

3+ Year Old Account
    I saw one 'train' of Troll Druids all going over the same mailbox, and going into Travel form upon passing it. They all had 'keyboard mash' names, and they were all in one Guild (which also had a keyboard mashed name lol), and when I looked it's name up on the Wow website, there was like 300 (?) members in it

Other than that, I haven't seen any other bots
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Where I see most of the bots are in Bastion near one of the temples. It's the one where you have to gather 6 of some blossom and kill a bunch of windserpents for drops in your leveling questline. Druid packs just stand in the middle and starfall huge areas. I looked up what these things drop and it wasn't drops they were after. They are skinning in bulk. I have leveled many toons through there and about half the time I see them. Unfortunately for me, they tend to be Alliance so I can't tag the mobs, get my quest drops and be on my way. I report them and just level on through. It isn't as bad as Nazjatar in BFA, but we don't have flying yet either...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    I spent some time farming widowbloom, there were always 4-6 pack of druid running up and down all the time. Most of them were obviosly bots too.
    Yeah those are the only ones I've seen in Shadowlands. It looked like every druid was on a different server too.

10+ Year Old Account
    But using software to do it is. And when you see several accounts doing the same thing with little to no effort its kinda clear something more then x amount of mice is in play.

You can play several accounts at once.

But when you use software to automate it , it is ban worthy. And if you and 8 other druids with the same name farm 1 note ( herb/mine) at the same time without any delay . while 1 account is leading them and the rest is following them. Its a ban .
    Then report them and move on.. you dont really need a pat on the back and an attaboy from us do you?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I personally multibox in SL but I'm not a gatherer or a hyperspawn killer like most of them are, I don't do this for gold. I level a 4 man mixed team for curiosity/fun purposes. Multiboxing is legal if you don't use input broadcasting software. Most mboxers have found ways either software or hardware wise to stay within the ToS. We got beaten very badly with the ToS change but we are still alive and well. At this point, they will have to either ban multiboxing completely from the game or remove the /follow function if they want to deliver us the final blow. We are already at our limit with the recent changes and can't go below that, if they nerf us more then it's over for us. I'd agree that the old mboxing was almost cheating and completely unfair but the new one is very balanced and marginally viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    damm so its just me :P. For me nazjatar was a bit less insane as shadowlands. maybe the time i played back then/sever sharing etc was different for me.
    Your experiences are, well, your own. Some might share your experiences, others it appears do not.

- - - Updated - - -

* sidenote.
    1 of the person i reported was banned. He was looking at me when i reported him. And went offline a shortwhile later. ( 4 days ago).
    2 day his "friend" or maybe the person on a different account whisped me very angry. :S
    So atleast 1 of them i was cheating for real.
    1) They aren't going to know it was you, and 2) bans dont happen that fast. So I'm going to call BS on this.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.