Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So you agree that developers hould be releasing unplayable trash and people need to chill out and wait month for the game to be fixed? That's some great WhiteKnighting right there.

People need to know that the game is trash and not to accept garbage from Devs. The game should be released when it is ready, not at the best time to rip consumers off.
    Trash is overstating it unless you're talking about the old gen versions- which definitely were in a completely unacceptable state at release. On PC it was slightly more buggy than the average open world game for me and that seems the general consensus, it was an overhyped game but that doesn't make it a trash one.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So you agree that developers hould be releasing unplayable trash and people need to chill out and wait month for the game to be fixed? That's some great WhiteKnighting right there.

People need to know that the game is trash and not to accept garbage from Devs. The game should be released when it is ready, not at the best time to rip consumers off.
    Who here do you think doesn't know? Did you miss the 250 pages of discussion about it? Are you still mad at your mother because you found out santa isn't real?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Who here do you think doesn't know? Did you miss the 250 pages of discussion about it? Are you still mad at your mother because you found out santa isn't real?
    wait..what??! ಠ╭╮ಠ

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought the game on the Series S (Though its the last gen version, I guess? Still looked decent..). Completed it now and checked out all endings including the "secret" one. Did all side quests that I felt were relevant etc.

Encountered quite a few bugs that forced me to reload a previous save, several graphical glitches, etc. Refunded it 30 minutes ago and the refund was completed just now, lul.

I enjoyed the game, mind you, but I don't like the whole "release bugged games" thing going on. Will wait for next-gen update and buy it again, probably. Or just get a better PC since I'm sure there'll be a lot of good mods then. Also I like having the ability to use cheat engine to do whatever I want with traits, perks and money without having to use glitches that'll just get patched.

Not a huge fan of the endings of the story, though. Will see what comes in future DLCs.

Also, hot damn, Judy is fine.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I like those games, some of them, but I've always felt they were kind of a tier or two below CDPR, mostly because the dialogue comes off as stilted and performative. Granted, taht does give you some creative character styles and such, but it just doesn't do as much for me. Different preferences though I guess.
    Disco Elysium a tier or two below this?!
    Good lord, opinions are personal and all but jesus christ Mary and Joseph how can you come up with that?
    This game feels like Alan Partridge wrote it. I don't mean Steve Coogan. I actually mean Alan Partridge.
    Last edited by Cringefest; 2021-01-29 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    Disco Elysium a tier or two below this?!
    Good lord, opinions are personal and all but jesus christ Mary and Joseph how can you come up with that?
    This game feels like Alan Partridge wrote it. I don't mean Steve Coogan. I actually mean Alan Partridge.
    Well, yeah. To me that kind of dialogue sounds artificial and performative. It doesn't sound like conversation, it sounds like lines. Really nice lines, but to me, they still sound like it's someone reciting lines to sound entertaining. I think Disco Elysium, and a lot of those other games are also very self referential. I'm sure that's something that doesn't bother other people at all, but it's a big letdown in world building for me.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, yeah. To me that kind of dialogue sounds artificial and performative. It doesn't sound like conversation, it sounds like lines. Really nice lines, but to me, they still sound like it's someone reciting lines to sound entertaining. I think Disco Elysium, and a lot of those other games are also very self referential. I'm sure that's something that doesn't bother other people at all, but it's a big letdown in world building for me.
    Some of the dialogue in Cyberpunk feels disjointed because it's driven by your responses to interacting with other characters, and those responses along with their dialogue sometimes don't feel very fluid. There are times when it's pretty good though, but I feel like a lot of the side missions have wonky dialogue while the main story is pretty well polished from that perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Some of the dialogue in Cyberpunk feels disjointed because it's driven by your responses to interacting with other characters, and those responses along with their dialogue sometimes don't feel very fluid. There are times when it's pretty good though, but I feel like a lot of the side missions have wonky dialogue while the main story is pretty well polished from that perspective.
    A lot of it's the direction, but some of it's the writing too, where characters pause, or fidget, or discuss extraneous details or go off on tangents, or fail to describe something gracefully or eloquently that really draws me to CDPR's writing/directing. It's much less flashy writing, but it feels more real to me. For instance, it's not punchy or witty or really stretches the writing chops of the writers, but I think a brilliant thing CDPR did in one of the setpieces of the story was having V and Jackie get a little bit snippy and irritable with each other on the ride over to the hotel, depicting a common and believable thing that happens under high stress.

How can people still play this game. Giving them 7 years and they get you a shame often a game...

Quote Originally Posted by Philojia View Post
    How can people still play this game. Giving them 7 years and they get you a shame often a game...
    Because people are still having fun? Because people are playing in a different way/speed than others? Or they bought later? It's almost like you are not allowed to have your own opinion on it or something.

A lot of it's the direction, but some of it's the writing too, where characters pause, or fidget, or discuss extraneous details or go off on tangents, or fail to describe something gracefully or eloquently that really draws me to CDPR's writing/directing. It's much less flashy writing, but it feels more real to me. For instance, it's not punchy or witty or really stretches the writing chops of the writers, but I think a brilliant thing CDPR did in one of the setpieces of the story was having V and Jackie get a little bit snippy and irritable with each other on the ride over to the hotel, depicting a common and believable thing that happens under high stress.
    Sure to each his own I guess but still, I really struggle to understand how anyone would look at the writing in this game and not think "oh Lord". But then again, fully grown adults rush to cinemas to watch fucking superman so why would I be surprised.
    I think we're ready for skynet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure to each his own I guess but still, I really struggle to understand how anyone would look at the writing in this game and not think "oh Lord". But then again, fully grown adults rush to cinemas to watch fucking superman so why would I be surprised.
    I think we're ready for skynet.
    People have different opinions on writing. Someone saying X is bad writing doesn't mean X is actually written badly.

Most people who says something is badly written (as a fact, not opinion) usually isn't in a position to make such a claim.

One of the most used up "argument" on these forums is that something is badly written. People throw that left and right and they usually don't go into detail as to why.
    Hi

So is the game worth picking up right now? Currently im playing AC Vikings and i've done a fair share there, but at this point everything feels so repetetive. Im going around doing the same things only at a different location. Getting monotone and boring.

I have followed Cyberpunk for a long while and it seem it has issues now? Or is it worth picking up when I want a singel player story game?

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    People have different opinions on writing. Someone saying X is bad writing doesn't mean X is actually written badly.

Most people who says something is badly written (as a fact, not opinion) usually isn't in a position to make such a claim.

One of the most used up "argument" on these forums is that something is badly written. People throw that left and right and they usually don't go into detail as to why.
    Yeah yeah everyone has an opinion and they all matter ok sure. Good lord it feels like we're still in the 70s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah yeah everyone has an opinion and they all matter ok sure. Good lord it feels like we're still in the 70s.
    Weird reply.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Weird reply.
    What's the point of debating anything if the reply is "but I liked it" anyway?

What's the point of debating anything if the reply is "but I liked it" anyway?
    Same point as trying to debate anything and the response always is "but I did NOT like it"

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Same point as trying to debate anything and the response always is "but I did NOT like it"
    That's why I'm saying the writing in this game objectively speaking, sucks

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    So is the game worth picking up right now? Currently im playing AC Vikings and i've done a fair share there, but at this point everything feels so repetetive. Im going around doing the same things only at a different location. Getting monotone and boring.

I have followed Cyberpunk for a long while and it seem it has issues now? Or is it worth picking up when I want a singel player story game?
    I'd wait until it's on sale before buying, personally. It's a good game. Is it an $80 game in its current state? Personally I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post

It really depends on your tolerance for bug and ability to ignore open world busywork. Both issues plague the game right now; luckily, the open world busywork can be more or less completely ignored (unlike in AC: Valhalla) because nothing of significance is gated behind it and just doing the main quests and important sidequests will overlevel you for the final mission anyway. But trying to 100% this game would make me die of boredom.

Bugs, well it's better than at launch for sure, albeit I heard the console versions are still very sub-optimal unless played in Series X/PS5. On my PC the latest patch has improved performance so that I reliably get 60 FPS everywhere but when driving downtown (to be fair I also got a new CPU in the meantime) and the number of glitches and T-posing NPCs is on the decline, but it's still not a polished game yet, pun intended. The story carried it for me, but that's of course subjective to a large degree.

Overall unless you really need a new game now I'd wait on the next few patches and whatever free DLC they release; by then the game will possibly be on sale to some degree.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.