View Poll Results: Should they be labeled as a terrorist organization?

Voters
60. This poll is closed
  • No [I'm Conservative]

8 13.33%
  • Yes [I'm Liberal]

33 55.00%
  • Yes [I'm Conservative]

2 3.33%
  • No [I'm Liberal]

17 28.33%
Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Should QAnon be labeled as a terrorist organization?

QAnon is a disproven and discredited far-right conspiracy theory alleging that a secret cabal of Satan-worshipping, cannibalistic pedophiles is running a global child sex-trafficking ring and plotting against former U.S. president Donald Trump, who has been fighting the cabal.
    QAnon has incited things other than the recent insurrection but as far as labelling the Parkland shooting as a "false flag" and as well as taking children from orphanages, pizza parlors such as Comet Pizza and Pizza Hut, barbershops, some luxury retail stores/brand such as Offwhite and child care in fear of them being involved in sex trafficking. Some bombs were found the other day along with ammo to be used. This stuff has gone too far. Should Joe Biden & admin label them officially as a domestic terror organization?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

QAnon is just a scapegoat to rally against. The problem is not QAnon, the problem is the regular people supporting these acts. It is a social problem in the US, it can't be talked away by labelling some and putting them in a box. You can't kill an idea like that. You can't label it something and then pretend you have fixed it by attacking only that label.

Same with Antifa. Makes me laugh everytime Americans say Antifa as if that's an organised group. It's not. Americans don't have a fucking clue what Antifa is.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

To be classified as a terrorist organisation, you have to be an organisation (meaning a clear hierarchy and such). Is that the case for Qanon ? Do we even know who is behind all this ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    QAnon is just a scapegoat to rally against. The problem is not QAnon, the problem is the regular people supporting these acts. It is a social problem in the US, it can't be talked away by labelling some and putting them in a box. You can't kill an idea like that. You can't label it something and then pretend you have fixed it by attacking only that label.
    If you remove the idea that democrats need to be killed off, to stop a satanic, blood drinking cult of child killers... it won’t fix the social problems these people are pissed off about?

Same with Antifa. Makes me laugh everytime Americans say Antifa as if that's an organised group. It's not. Americans don't have a fucking clue what Antifa is.
    What? Antifa is reactionary movement... it is nothing a like with conspiracy theorist. A trait that is actually common amongst those Antifa fights, because issues pushed by fascist, don’t actually exist in the form they claim. As a result, they use the occult, the clairvoyant or conspiracy theorists, is simply because in reality, their idea that demands for social change, don’t exist... Hitler didn’t drop statistics on how the white race is superior on states he was attacking... he dropped cospiracy theories that QAnon is based on and prophetic Nostradamus, interpreted as showing Hitler’s virtue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    To be classified as a terrorist organisation, you have to be an organisation (meaning a clear hierarchy and such). Is that the case for Qanon ? Do we even know who is behind all this ?
    Yes, Watkins and his kid are Q, with Trump and now several GOP members, as the primary leaders.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I don't know. As much i would like to hinder speak of violence and misinformation, i don't know how to go about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    I don't know. As much i would like to hinder speak of violence and misinformation, i don't know how to go about it.
    Public broadcasting is still around... that’s where QAnon types existed, before your relative’s Facebook feed, got inundated with QAnon.

Oh and the poll is silly...

Last edited by Felya; 2021-01-29 at 01:49 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Qanon is just a Philopino that says stuff he knows morons want to hear so he can get rich. Like he litterially just spins an endless spinning story to probably get a laugh at those that throw money at him. He figured out that you can have all the benefits of being a political party without actually having to be one. Eventually he will get to Nazi moonbases and Reptilian shapeshifters and all but the most fanatical will peel away but he still will be living large on his pig farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What? Antifa is reactionary movement... it is nothing a like with conspiracy theorist. A trait that is actually common amongst those Antifa fights, because issues pushed by fascist, don’t actually exist in the form they claim. As a result, they use the occult, the clairvoyant or conspiracy theorists, is simply because in reality, their idea that demands for social change, don’t exist... Hitler didn’t drop statistics on how the white race is superior on states he was attacking... he dropped cospiracy theories that QAnon is based on and prophetic Nostradamus, interpreted as showing Hitler’s virtue.

The point this person is trying to make that "Antifa" does not exist so there is nothing to ban really. The right-wing calls everybody that's white and protesting against racist "antifa". There is no group that is called antifa, at best they are just some random people that uses ICQ to protest.

QANON does not exist as a group, they are some random group of people that go online and believe stupid shit, you don't join QANON which is why you really can't label this as a terrorist organization.

What you can do however is adres those people that spread this kind of garbage. Instead of trying to sabotage the nuclear research facility of Iran maybe put that resources into combating dangerous propaganda.

They're not an organization. Its just a stupid idea that some people believe.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As others have said, it's a conspiracy theory, not an organization.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could go after them like individual terrorists or a gang. They basically operate as cells or loosely affiliated chapters.
    An enormous part of why the proud boys have become so prominent is because law enforcement have simply refused to treat them like a street gang, which is what they are. Catching federal charges and doing federal time could potentially fuck them up very quickly.
    Maybe your average lowlife sticks with them, but weekend warriors and car dealership franchise owners aren't going to stick with a movement that has a real chance of getting them sent to prison.

It's trickier at the local level, but i would not be the least bit surprised if a record-shattering number of local police departments are operating under consent decrees before Biden's term ends.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    First, there's no reason for political inclusion in the poll. People don't believe in QAnon stuff because they're conservatives. They believe in QAnon stuff because they're fucking stupid.

Second, it's essentially what's called "stochastic terrorism". Not actually participating in direct planning of attacks, just general riling up of a base with the goal of them leaping to violent ends all by themselves.

The difficulty is that while stochastic terrorism is easy to define and identify, it's not necessarily criminal, as it falls afoul of the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standards and such. It's the same way mob bosses would get away with ordering hits even if recorded doing so, because they'd frame it as "someone really should take that guy out", and when on trial, would say "I meant for a drink, of course!" Reasonable doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    First, there's no reason for political inclusion in the poll. People don't believe in QAnon stuff because they're conservatives. They believe in QAnon stuff because they're fucking stupid.
    this is a bad take. Everyone can be grifted. being stupid isnt how radicalization works.

- - - Updated - - -

The difficulty is that while stochastic terrorism is easy to define and identify, it's not necessarily criminal, as it falls afoul of the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standards and such. It's the same way mob bosses would get away with ordering hits even if recorded doing so, because they'd frame it as "someone really should take that guy out", and when on trial, would say "I meant for a drink, of course!" Reasonable doubt.
    this is also flat out wrong. Like the proud boys saying 'we should kill all the lefties' 'in minecraft'. Yea its in thier court documents and saying 'in minecraft' isnt as smart as you seem to think it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just cut to the chase and label the GOP a terrorist organization.

Much easier and faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you can call the original Q a terrorist, whomever or whatever he is.

But most of them are just fucking idiots who believe the stupidest shit. JFK Jr's gonna come back and defeat all the pedophiles? Really?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Just cut to the chase and label the GOP a terrorist organization.

Much easier and faster.
    That's like asking Facebook or MMOC to moderate neo-nazis.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    They're not an organization. Its just a stupid idea that some people believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlineSamantha View Post
    As others have said, it's a conspiracy theory, not an organization.
    They are... Q, Trump and GOP leadership are their leaders. They literally hold government positions and push their leader as king.

Second, it's essentially what's called "stochastic terrorism". Not actually participating in direct planning of attacks, just general riling up of a base with the goal of them leaping to violent ends all by themselves.

Feels weird to agree with you but that is more or less the case. Even on the more... ,"free" parts of the internet qanon is treated more like over reacting soccer moms then a legit threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Feels weird to agree with you but that is more or less the case. Even on the more... ,"free" parts of the internet qanon is treated more like over reacting soccer moms then a legit threat.
    Which sites are those?

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Even on the more... ,"free" parts of the internet qanon is treated more like over reacting soccer moms then a legit threat.
    It's a threat, but not so much to the country as to people.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/anothe...napped-her-kid

Because they keep losing custody of their children and kidnapping them. And threatening locals. It doesn't rise to the level of criminal terrorism on a group level, but on an individual level these people remain deeply unstable and a potential threat.