Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I love how someone tries to play off the hardest HC end boss we have had in ages with 'soak stuff and kills adds ez'.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

To be expected due to several factors revolving loot
    1) low quantity of loot dropping from raids and m+
    2) low quality of loot from m+ run chests, which doesn't help with properly gearing for mythic progression when the max you can get is a 210.
    3) no bonus rolls system
    4) the only certainty of loot is pushing pvp ratings and buying decent gear there but the stats might not be so good for your spec and some people are not into pvp to get loot from a currency system that should also be pve to begin with.
    5) having to farm maw ad eternum to also help keeping conduits up to date in order the maximize gear dps due to venari rng system
    Last edited by Sesethi; 2021-01-29 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Vote with your wallet, I guess. If it's an issue important enough to cancel a sub over, they'll get the message. I cancelled, because I don't like the new loot system. That doesn't mean other people can't like it, though; and if enough of them do, it'll keep going, and I'll have to find a different game. That's how it works.
    There is no room here for people who are able to understand that other people might enjoy what I don't enjoy! /s

I despise pet battles, but I don't demand that Blizz should stop developing them just because I hate them, because I am perfectly aware that some/a lot like it.
    Some people like to do mythic because it is difficult, because you compete with others to get on top of a list. I can perfectly well understand why some find that stupid, but I like it and I am not alone.

Blizzard caters to a wide variety of play styles and to players ranging in skill from the abysmal to the very skilled.
    The way to find happiness in Wow is to look at yourself and find out what you like and how good you are and find others like yourself and play with them and ignore what everybody else is doing.
    And if you can't find joy then play something else. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Locknrollen View Post
    Let me make an assumption about you:

You see yourself as more important than you actually are, while really youve gotten nowhere in life. You act like superior but in reality have a really bad self esteem.

You point him out as a no life without any context, yet he doesnt post several times a day on mmo-champ on average.
    Wrong on all fronts! Married, 2 kids, home, 2 cars. Wife has high position in a corporation, I make $60,000.

Anyone who truly gives a shit about Mythic has a very high chance of being a 12+ hour no lifer because that is what is required. It's simple logic.

Mythic should not be exclusive to 5% of a player base. 20-30% and it is a financial windfall for Blizzard.

I got my elite in week 2 of shadowlands, what does that mean?

It means that even if I don’t do a single 2400+ arena match, I will always be able to upgrade whatever items I get from the vault and conquest cap to 226/233 each week with honor.

I did have to earn the rating, but the fact that I’m essentially getting rewarded for the equivalent of a +15 while doing a +2 is silly. I can queue 2s all week at 1400 mmr if I want and I’ll still get 2 226s next week. I almost don’t feel that it was intentional.

I’ve barely started with CN mythic and nearly all the loot, even from sire, is useless to me; all while I did basically nothing past the first 2 weeks to earn it.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-01-29 at 03:50 PM.

He is not wrong about the issue, WoW has a loot problem. Big one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I got my elite in week 2 of shadowlands, what does that mean?

It means that even if I don’t do a single 2400+ arena match, I will always be able to upgrade whatever items I get from the vault and conquest cap to 226/233 each week with honor.

I did have to earn the rating, but the fact that I’m essentially getting rewarded for the equivalent of a +15 while doing a +2 is silly. I can queue 2s all week at 1400 mmr if I want and I’ll still get 2 226s next week. I almost don’t feel that it was intentional.

I’ve barely started with CN mythic and nearly all the loot, even from sire, is useless to me; all while I did basically nothing past the first 2 weeks to earn it.
    Yeah that is kind of messed up. It should require getting the honor from the bracket with the rating, or some minimum amount of wins per bracket for it to count for the week.

Sitting rating forever in one bracket and getting 226s from doing 1400 2s every week is pretty stupid.

When the OP was made we were actually around 72 kills according to https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ga...castle-nathria My concern is what is going to happen if Alliance doesn't get 100 kills before the next raid opens, will Blizz manually unlock the raid for xrealm play or will CN just not be opened until enough guilds decide to go back and do it later

My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Mythic raiding is too hard for the majority, to the detriment of the game. It took the best and most dedicated players in the world months of preparation and hundreds of millions in gold to clear the raid. Participation drops when the content is too hard because people just do not have the time required, even if they had the skill and the BOE gold to get their ilvl above the threshold, which obviously most people don't.

But this isn't a new thing, Mythic raiding has been this way for years. I think it's a shame really because there is a void between Mythic and Heroic that could be filled at the detriment to the world first race and absolute most dedicated players but very much to the advantage of all the players whose guilds die 1/3 to 1/2 way through mythic raid tiers.

It's good that they nerfed the raids, I don't understand why they don't just use the solution they already figured out a over a decade ago with ICC though.
    Mythic is just not my thing.

Heroic, I find, has the right amount of flexibility and challenge to be enjoyable, where Mythic just seems to be a bit much. A hard cap at 20 players, a demand for not just absolute perfection, but also with min/maxing to its furthest extent? Nah.

Too much work.

Rather just be able to go in with the 15-30 people who happened to have signed up and proven capable of knowing their classes and having a good time. Heroic does that for me. Mythic does not. I feel like a lot of players probably agree.

Those who don't, join mythic guilds lol.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    This is a very big disappointment in participation numbers and a little ominous for the future of Mythic raiding.
    I think there are words that don't mean what you think they mean. What you are complaining about is not "participation", it is "finishing" and those are two very different things.

Also, welcome to every tier when someone makes a thread early in the tier about how the dearth of CE raids is proof the sky is falling. It is supposed to be hard. We don't want the Hall to be full in a month.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Wrong on all fronts! Married, 2 kids, home, 2 cars. Wife has high position in a corporation, I make $60,000.

Anyone who truly gives a shit about Mythic has a very high chance of being a 12+ hour no lifer because that is what is required. It's simple logic.

Mythic should not be exclusive to 5% of a player base. 20-30% and it is a financial windfall for Blizzard.
    You didnt mention happily married, so i assume thats the problem, as no one who is truly satisfied with himself would type in your fashion.

And the 12+hour isnt even true, even less so when i used to be there. I quit because with legion, it took more than 3 hours a day. before that you could be in the top 5 and even 1% by playing on average about 1 hour a day.

But you are right that alot of the people in the top are as you would say- no lifers. Doesnt mean its required thou.
    Former highend raider. Now highend moron

Quote Originally Posted by Locknrollen View Post
    You didnt mention happily married, so i assume thats the problem, as no one who is truly satisfied with himself would type in your fashion.

And the 12+hour isnt even true, even less so when i used to be there. I quit because with legion, it took more than 3 hours a day. before that you could be in the top 5 and even 1% by playing on average about 1 hour a day.

But you are right that alot of the people in the top are as you would say- no lifers. Doesnt mean its required thou.
    So you're in my house, you know the relationship between my wife and I through text on a WoW fanatic site. I will have you know we've been together for going on 14 years and we laugh everyday. The love in my home is plentiful. It is so great having a "ride or die" for a wife. Loyal people these days are sparse.

What you mean by "raid logging" in a sense is true in ShadowLands. You quit in legion. The 12+ hour grind was absolutely real. You had to get legendaries, grind M+ for gear, and so on. There are more people playing wow 12+ hours than you realize. These are the bitter nerds that want the eliteness of mythic to be shut off to them only.

I used to raid mythic. I enjoyed it. It should definitely be opened up to more players, which means more pruning of mythic.
    Last edited by Weeps; 2021-02-09 at 01:15 AM.

playing in a two day raid guild 3 1/2 hours and we are 8/10 mythic. I don't get these "I have a job, I'm married, I have kids". I got too. Yall just lazy little trucks, thats it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    1. We are not "almost halfway through this raid tier", unless there's a new raid dropping in 6 weeks that you somehow know about.

2. The 50th kill being like a month behind the first kill is nothing new. In fact it's often more than that. Go look on wowprogress.com if you don't believe me.
    We are getting closer to the 3 month mark for season 1, and considering that most early seasons only last 6 months, we are indeed almost halfway through the raid tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

We are almost halfway through this raid tier and there have only been 52 Sire kills to date. This is a very big disappointmen
    This is where I stopped reading.

OP is confused and thinks (as when this post was written 2 weeks ago) it's March (almost half way through the raid tier).

Seek help, OP.

And if Blizzard made Mythic easier so there would be more than 52 kills, people would be screaming that the sky is falling.
    Last edited by ablib; 2021-02-09 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    When the OP was made we were actually around 72 kills according to https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ga...castle-nathria My concern is what is going to happen if Alliance doesn't get 100 kills before the next raid opens, will Blizz manually unlock the raid for xrealm play or will CN just not be opened until enough guilds decide to go back and do it later

The same thing happened during crucible of storms im assuming it would follow whatever logic they did for that.

We are almost halfway through this raid tier and there have only been 52 Sire kills to date. This is a very big disappointment in participation numbers and a little ominous for the future of Mythic raiding.

It is clear that the direction Blizzard has taken with raid loot this tier has not worked. When players are guaranteed a piece of 226 loot every week by doing just 1 dungeon, it is very difficult to get excited over managing the logistics of a raid day after day, week after week, then raiding hours and hours on end for nothing most of the time. Now with dungeons significantly nerfed, it'll only encourage this behaviour more.

On top of all that, Mythic raiders have been denied the Master Loot option and now Bonus Roll options. However the raids still require the gear which just isn't dropping. It truly is a miserable experience to be Mythic raiding right now.

I really hope that Blizzard evaluates the rewards structure for 9.1 so that this crisis is not repeated before it does long term harm to Mythic raiding.
    On what planet are we "almost halfway through this raid tier"?

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Plus two of the weeks were taken up by holidays. Our guild legit didn't prog at all for Christmas and New years week since we raid Thursday/friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    1. We are not "almost halfway through this raid tier", unless there's a new raid dropping in 6 weeks that you somehow know about.

2. The 50th kill being like a month behind the first kill is nothing new. In fact it's often more than that. Go look on wowprogress.com if you don't believe me.
    Yes, but for the first raid i think that this is quite a bit low. Normally first raids are a bit easier, this time around they aren't.

But that was somehow clear; it's probably not that it's too hard, but droprate of loot is on an all-time low; i think that the last time we had so little loot was in TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post

<snip>
    Don't think it will be necessary: 9.1 will probably unlock more loot with higher ilvl, also i think that they might increase the droprate of items with a hotfix in the next few weeks. This should help more guilds to clear the raid. And even if 9.1 has a new raid, it will probably not open until some time later.

Blizzard knows that this low droprate can't keep up in subsequent patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Planet Narrative. Its a strange but wonderful place, where facts are not important, only opinions. Sports are very challenging, as the goalposts are constantly moving. Sadly, everyone on Planet Narrative is a victim, which is strange because the crime rate is zero. Its a very contradictory place, but at the same time, quite wonderful to watch - through a telescope. I should warn you to never step foot onto Planet Narrative, or you may never return.