Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I think eating that gdp loss early on and potentially having the country return back to some modicum of normalcy by now might have resulted in a far better growth in GDP than what he got.
    look at the rest of the world. There is no way the US would be back to somewhat normalcy.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Seriously, fuck Florida.

Over 1,100 Doses of COVID Vaccine Spoiled in Florida After Refrigerator Turned Off

On Friday, the Health Care District of Palm Beach County, Florida announced that someone unintentionally turned off the power supply for a refrigerator containing 1,160 doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine. Because that vaccine must be stored at minus 70 degrees Celsius (minus 94 degrees Fahrenheit) to remain effective, the doses weren't kept as cold as was necessary and effectively became useless.
    It's as if incompetence just follows his fat ass around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Seriously, fuck Florida.

Over 1,100 Doses of COVID Vaccine Spoiled in Florida After Refrigerator Turned Off

Unfortunately, they need to investigate events like this... When similar happened in Seattle, they pulled people off the street, so the vaccines don’t go to waste.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, fuck Florida.

Incompetence has lived in Florida for much longer than Trump has, though...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Seriously, fuck Florida.

LOL their dear leader in FL even lied about how many people got the shot. claimed 1 million at some super presser but it was only at 800k. He's following in trumps footsteps now that he's gone.

You got half the state of seniors running all over the damn state trying to get shots because there is no orginization.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, didn't this happen before?

(checks news)

Oh right, that was Wisconsin. And intentional.

No, seriously, this sounds familiar...

(checks news again)

Oh right, it also happened in Boston.

Each vaccine dose destroyed is another senior forced to stay isolated longer, or another essential employee forced to risk their lives longer. Come on, people, pretend this shit matters.

- - - Updated - - -

And so it continues.

Remember the NY AG's case against Trump? Cases, plural, I should say? A federal judge just ruled that a lot of documents Trump claimed were confidential lawyer/client were, in truth, just standard business dealings and therefore not privileged.

Hand 'em over, Trump.

This specific case appears to be about a $21 million tax deduction that Trump may have obtained via fraud. Fraud is a felony, not a civil matter, or at least this court case is.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of court cases: two Proud Boys have been charged with conspiracy in relation to the murderous insurrection.

I'm sure @cubby can do a better job, but if I have the right general idea, conspiracy is a big step here. If it can be proven that multiple members of the rabid fanbase planned to commit criminal actions, then it no longer matters which of them actually physically committed the crime. If, for example, one of them bashed a cop to death with a fire extinguisher, they all get charged with murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Unfortunately, they need to investigate events like this... When similar happened in Seattle, they pulled people off the street, so the vaccines don’t go to waste.
    The QAnon Trump supporters are purposely trying to sabotage the vaccine roll out I believe one has already been arrested for spoiling a batch on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The QAnon Trump supporters are purposely trying to sabotage the vaccine roll out I believe one has already been arrested for spoiling a batch on purpose.
    you mean the micro chip roll out right? /s
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, fuck Florida.

Its just my blatant distrust of Trump backers speaking. But I hope they check to make sure that was incompetence and not purposeful
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And so it continues.

Remember the NY AG's case against Trump? Cases, plural, I should say? A federal judge just ruled that a lot of documents Trump claimed were confidential lawyer/client were, in truth, just standard business dealings and therefore not privileged.

Hand 'em over, Trump.

This specific case appears to be about a $21 million tax deduction that Trump may have obtained via fraud. Fraud is a felony, not a civil matter, or at least this court case is.
    I am, to no one's surprise, exceedingly excited about this development. Trump's financial woes will continue to decline as his role in the Insurrection continues to become more apparent. The NYAG's and Manhattan DA's office continues to win case after case in obtaining Trump and his Crime Family's financial records. More to follow.

/screeeeeeee

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of court cases: two Proud Boys have been charged with conspiracy in relation to the murderous insurrection.

I'm sure @cubby can do a better job, but if I have the right general idea, conspiracy is a big step here. If it can be proven that multiple members of the rabid fanbase planned to commit criminal actions, then it no longer matters which of them actually physically committed the crime. If, for example, one of them bashed a cop to death with a fire extinguisher, they all get charged with murder.
    You are spot on here. The conspiracy charge means that federal prosecutors believe that the Insurrection was planned, and THAT means that a host of new charges can be brought into play. Authorities found multiple bombs and weapons caches placed prior to Jan 6, and that means "being caught up in a crowd" is no longer an excuse. If that conspiracy can be tied to Trump's call to violence, the shit will truly hit the fan.

Moreover, it now appears that some members of Congress gave "tours" of the Capital Building prior to Jan 6, possibly in anticipation of the Insurrection. Does anyone remember when Members of Congress and Senators, trapped in their offices and fleeing for their lives, discovered that many/all of their "PANIC" buttons had been disabled, even though a recent test had shown them to be in working order?

FUCKING HELL

Tying this all together is the work of federal prosecutors - career prosecutors that are VERY fucking good at their jobs. Quick reminder/PSA: Federal Prosecutor jobs are PLUM positions that are highly sought after by the brightest legal minds; they are coveted by top tier law school grads, but are usually out of reach until a recent grad has 5+ years of prosecution experience already under their belt.

The people are very GOOD and very MOTIVATED to do their jobs thoroughly and well. And they are always agressive. Which means whatever truth there is to find will more than likely be found.

Now, if the Insurrection can be tied to a conspiracy charge, and those actions of the conspirators led to multiple deaths (and murder charges are already in play), then the entire group can be charged with murder. And that doesn't even consider RICO. Justice might actually prevail.

Good times, kids - good times.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember when Trump signed the Contract with the American Voter?

Now he's weeping himself to sleep, alone, every night -- and at least pretending to advance his policies, from the "Bold move Cotton" position of having no direct power, a Democrat House, a Democrat Senate, Biden/Harris in his chair, and staring down multiple lawsuits, possible criminal charges, and a historic second impeachment.

Like, if he couldn't get it done while in office, what makes him think he'll get a damn thing done now?

Or, more realistically, if he could have done something but chose not to, why would anyone believe his proclaimed intentions now enough to give him money?

I mean, doesn't "grift" imply some kind of result? Right now Trump is so powerless he couldn't find his dick with both hands and a Twitter account. He could mobilize the last few followers who both haven't been arrested, and also, aren't waiting for Nicholas Cage to come out of the Oval Office and declare martial law.

How many times does Trump have to fail to provide that which he promised, before it finally sinks in? I think we might finally be hitting that point.

P.S. I'm waiting for Obama to say something about the Office of the Ex-President. Maybe something like "I'm in the Office of Ex-Presidents, plural. W and I were hanging out and Bill and Jimmy are due later. We'd invite you to our club, but, looks like you have your own. Should make it easy to social distance!"
    Holy hell yes I do. Gingrich tried the same thing back in 1994, but in that it worked. When nothing came of it, we all started calling the Contract on America, because of the good policies that were killed.

And not only is Trump mulling around a soon-to-be-not-tenable living situation, with no power, a Blue House and Senate, Biden/Harris killing his legacy with a few well placed EO's, and facing a second impeachment trial, but he's losing even more money now that his "brand" is dead from the Insurrection he called down.

I do love that shot of the Ex-President's speaking to Biden, sans Trump. Just a glimpse of what Trump's future will be like.

140,732 new cases; roughly 34k fewer than last Saturday. However Alabama did not report anything because their system SNAFU'd and Missouri and Nebraska are late as usual. All told that's probably around 5-6k more added to the total.

Top 5:

California: 16,991 new cases; 466 deaths
    Texas: 15,346 new cases; 315 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    New York: 12,511 new cases; 151 deaths
    Georgia: 6,343 new cases; 210 deaths

It should be noted that Florida reported over 15k new cases for the first time in two weeks, so maybe not everything is copacetic there. But then, it's Florida.

Taking the unreported states into consideration it continues to appear as if the decline in cases is slowing. There are still too few data points to really get a good read on it but that's the sense I'm getting right now. We'll know for sure if we're only seeing 20-30k differences from Tuesday on next week. If so, that's not great news since the longer we have a huge amount of active cases the worse off we are.

There are, apparently, currently just under 10 million active cases in the US.

2,889 deaths is a little under 600 fewer than last Saturday and brings the total to 450,381. This is a pretty huge drop from last week though some of that will be made up for by the late-reporting states. Probably about 100 deaths added to that total. In any case, this should be getting better as time goes on and appears to be doing so.

Related news:

Congressman tests positive for COVID after receiving second vaccine dose--He's apparently asymptomatic, but this demonstrates perfectly why we should all be observing all of the safety precautions (masks, social distancing, hand washing) even after receiving a vaccine. You CAN still carry it and infect others, so until enough of the population has been vaccinated and transmission drops off considerably, stock up on those masks and disinfectant and, above all...

Stay safe, folks.

EDIT: Oh...one last thing.

Dodger Stadium’s COVID-19 vaccination site shut down after protesters gather at entrance

Let me address these "protesters": If anyone--ANYONE--tries to get between my loved ones and their potentially life-saving vaccine like this you will be eating your meals through a straw in a hospital ward for a couple weeks. You piece of shit motherfucking assholes.

That is all.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2021-01-31 at 02:08 AM.

Top Trump impeachment lawyer Bowers leaves team: reports

Butch Bowers, the lead attorney that was slated to represent former President Trump during his second impeachment trial, has left the legal team, according to multiple reports.

Last week, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.). announced that Bowers, a South Carolina attorney, would act as the Trump legal team's "anchor" during the trial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Butch Bowers, the lead attorney
    Probably means nothing. Everyone knows the Senate will vote along party lines and let Trump literally get away with murder.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Top Trump impeachment lawyer Bowers leaves team: reports

Butch Bowers, the lead attorney that was slated to represent former President Trump during his second impeachment trial, has left the legal team, according to multiple reports.

Last week, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.). announced that Bowers, a South Carolina attorney, would act as the Trump legal team's "anchor" during the trial.
    Deborah Barbier also left the team - both were listed as "lead" attorneys. No reasons were given except the usual bullshit. I would speculate it's either a payment issue (where the funds for defense counsel costs originated) and/or a strategy disagreement.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably means nothing. Everyone knows the Senate will vote along party lines and let Trump literally get away with murder.
    Unfortunately, this is more than likely accurate. If the Democrats allow witnesses to be called, and those are broadcast out, temperaments might change. McConnell has said/indicated in the recent past that he doesn't give a shit and that Senators should "vote their conscience".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    McConnell has said/indicated in the recent past that he doesn't give a shit and that Senators should "vote their conscience".
    The last time that line came up, Cruz was refusing to endorse Trump by name in 2016. Look at Cruz now.

Yeah, the Republican Party will have to prove they want to rid themselves of Trump, or until they do, their platform can and should be blamed for the results of the last four years, and also, anything Trump or Greene say/do that they do not specfically and directly address.

In other words, all Republicans are Party of Trumpers until they prove otherwise. We have four years of evidence plus the upcoming Senate acquittal.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The last time that line came up, Cruz was refusing to endorse Trump by name in 2016. Look at Cruz now.

Yeah, the Republican Party will have to prove they want to rid themselves of Trump, or until they do, their platform can and should be blamed for the results of the last four years, and also, anything Trump or Greene say/do that they do not specfically and directly address.

In other words, all Republicans are Party of Trumpers until they prove otherwise. We have four years of evidence plus the upcoming Senate acquittal.
    Lol, the Cruz Crusade against Trump and the resurrection of his ass-kissing is one of my tragically favorite stories of the Trump Trials.

I'm seeing talk that they GOP feels they "need" Trump to stick around, with the goal to take the House back. Which is...interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, the Cruz Crusade against Trump and the resurrection of his ass-kissing is one of my tragically favorite stories of the Trump Trials.

I'm seeing talk that they GOP feels they "need" Trump to stick around, with the goal to take the House back. Which is...interesting.
    With no policies to benefit them. With no plan to help, educate, employ, or protect them. With nothing but naked ambition to enrich themselves, they absolutely need some kind of demagogue to bring in the votes.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deborah Barbier also left the team - both were listed as "lead" attorneys. No reasons were given except the usual bullshit. I would speculate it's either a payment issue (where the funds for defense counsel costs originated) and/or a strategy disagreement.
    They might not want the stink of "defended the leader of a failed insurrection who just a month prior launched into a baseless and aggravating chain of nonsense lawsuits in an attempt to overturn a national election" on their resume as well.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    With no policies to benefit them. With no plan to help, educate, employ, or protect them. With nothing but naked ambition to enrich themselves, they absolutely need some kind of demagogue to bring in the votes.
    I'm not so sure - even with Trump so distasteful, the House gained seats this past election cycle. I agree with your sentiments that the GOP has no plan to help anyone but their upper elites, but so far that obvious truth is breaking through the thickness of the average Trump supporter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    They might not want the stink of "defended the leader of a failed insurrection who just a month prior launched into a baseless and aggravating chain of nonsense lawsuits in an attempt to overturn a national election" on their resume as well.
    Are you kidding me? Some of them still "believe" the election was "stolen".

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not so sure - even with Trump so distasteful, the House gained seats this past election cycle. I agree with your sentiments that the GOP has no plan to help anyone but their upper elites, but so far that obvious truth is breaking through the thickness of the average Trump supporter.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you kidding me? Some of them still "believe" the election was "stolen".
    I suppose so, but I’d think that most reputable lawyers... or at the very least, the law firm behind them that represents the interests of dozens of seasoned lawyers and a tremendous amount of money.... wouldn’t want to touch trump with a 10-foot pole.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.