Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    "bad luck" is just that - bad luck. That's a bad luck problem, not a system problem. I don't know ANYONE that I play with, and I play with a LOT of people, who have had any issues getting over 200 ilvl by now, I just don't. I'm in a heroic raiding guild, know lots of people. 5+ RL friends who all play too, we're all 205-213. I'm actually on the LOW end. It isn't hard, dude. Just get out there and play and stop running LFR/M0's. Run some keys boo, high keys. All my friends who actually play more than me, as I said I play VERY CASUALLY, they're all getting into their high teens in the 200's. Just. Play.
    He already got exposed for lying about his gear, claiming to be in all 197 covenant stuff while his raider.io page has him at 210.

--- snip ---

Another example of why it can be hard to take forum posts seriously when players whine about something but won’t link their character.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-01-30 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Removed Armory Link

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    What does Venari even do for your power? thats the Maw guy right? I literally have done nothing with that outside of whats required to progress convenant. Thats probably a waste of time.

If you want more gear / power, then all of those anima dailies are a waste of time as you get more anima just doing the weekend events / weekly pvp quests.
    Calling are useless for anything other than gold and conduits from what i noticed in the first 2 weeks of the expansion before i never did another one.

I don’t like PvP) - thats probly your issue. Youre avoiding a major part of possible player power because "you dont like it".

Sounds like shadowlands gearing would be fine if you prioritized better and didnt skip things because "you dont like them".
    PvP SHOULDN'T be a major part of player power. I shouldn't be forced into pvp for pve gear. That's utter garbage game design.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    I have really enjoyed picking stygia from the weekly vault for the last 3 weeks. The game seems to think all I want or need is rings and back pieces. In my gf raid 4 people haven't picked up a piece of loot from full raid clears this month. This system sucks.
    Well, it makes me glad I'm not alone. I've only got 4 pieces that's good, 11 that would be upgrades, and over the last 3 weeks, all 7 vault items has decided that they all want to be one of the 4 that I already have. I've gained 1% leech though, so that's good.
    Last edited by Thrif; 2021-01-30 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crutches View Post
    I love how everyone claims "people are leaving in droves" but where is the proof of this?

O/t I haven't touched a single raid and I'm sitting at 215, I also have only been able to get to 1407 arena rating so gear is able to be obtained. That being said I do think a badge system would be nice and boost pve gearing to be a little more in line with pvp.
    They proof is always there butts imho!

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    Weep. If someone does all content they SHOULD have a competitive edge over someone that exclusively does raiding/pvp/m+.
    Should a major part of player power come from it though? Since you know, that was actually what he argued, and nobody has said anything about a competitive edge.

They both should give equal amount of power / gear.

Man, the denial of the flaws of this system is going to age as poorly as denials of the flaws of Azerite Powers and Corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Valrok View Post
    Anecdotal, but I have 15 mythic raid kills and have yet to get a single drop, which is definitely just being extremely unlucky, especially with some people having 3-5 drops already in my raid group.

I'm fully aware of the "don't raid if you just want gear" argument but it really sucks being left behind in performance just because of being unlucky.
    I checked your profile. You have killed 0 mythic bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Should a major part of player power come from it though? Since you know, that was actually what he argued, and nobody has said anything about a competitive edge.
    All 3 paths provide 226 gear in every slot.

Maybe an argument for 233 weapons from mythic+ like raids and PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Maybe not directly, maybe not mythic raiders specifically but in this forum at least, there has been arguments about people acquiring raid gear or close to equivalent gear outside of raids.

There has been complaints about LFR dropping gear, WF, TF etc. So there is certainly one portion of players that are more interested in what they are getting and what others are getting.
    Nothing you said had anything at all to do with the claim that "all mythic raiders constantly claim they only raid mythic for the challenge, not the gear". That is the claim I am challenging, as in all my years playing, and all my years on various forums, I would say this would be an EXTREMELY niche opinion.

What you are talking about is an entirely different issue, and one that I have made my opinion on very clear - let loot be tied to the difficulty of the content, and no content should be rewarding loot from higher difficulties of content. There is no argument for it that holds any water - the most common 2 are "it gives BiS raiders a reason to keep doing content to fish for TF prices", and "it allows guilds stuck on a boss to get it killed". I don't believe either of them - never have and never will.

Weep. If someone does all content they SHOULD have a competitive edge over someone that exclusively does raiding/pvp/m+.
    No they shouldn't. I shouldn't be forced into pvp for gear just because pve gear drop rates are horrendous. As I said, that's garbage game design.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    How are your even getting invited to m+? Or are you playing guild exclusive?
    Almost guild exclusive. I'm also a tank, which helps when pugging.

Most of my m+ has been spent helping guildies gear, so I haven't been focused on keys that would improve MY ilvl as much as I would otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Ehm, its week 10?

Imo, to early to already give catchup gear that invalidates LFR, early M+ and almost normal mode raid gear.
    It's 8 slots out of 15/16 however, and they require some serious Anima farming (no, I'm not clearing the map of Anima WQs every day on my alt, fuck that noise) to be upgraded to full. I hardly think that invalidates easier content, even if it does provide a perhaps slightly too convenient shortcut through these things. But you still need to get vital pieces elsewhere, weapon especially.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    the fact a pve player needs to do pvp to get gear is just proving that this shit aint working
    You can upgarde the covenant set to 197, just for anima. No need to do PvP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    You can upgarde the covenant set to 197, just for anima. No need to do PvP.
    You also don't need to wear shoes outside, you can just go everywhere bare foot you know. Jesus christ.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    You also don't need to wear shoes outside, you can just go everywhere bare foot you know. Jesus christ.
    That's a lot more annoying than upgrading the covenant set, though.

Did you complain about this very thing during BFA as well? There were certain Azerite pieces that were BIS from PvP or certain high secondary pieces that were BIS(also from PvP) or is your complaint strictly for SL because oh no you may have to actually play the game more than a couple hours a week to get gear this time around?
    It was nowhere near this bad in BfA but I hated it in that expansion too, yes. It's fucking stupid and really shouldn't be something you need to do for good pve gear.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It was nowhere near this bad in BfA but I hated it in that expansion too, yes. It's fucking stupid and really shouldn't be something you need to do for good pve gear.
    BfA was a hell of a lot worse with all the essences gated behind random nonsense. Coming back to the game in 8.3 after 15~ months away was such a mindscrewing experience that I'd likely have not stuck with it if not for the folks I've played with for all this time.

Doing a few hours of PvP each week with a mate for 220+ gear is a small price to pay IMO. At least unlike BfA it's asking you to do core group content, rather than doing daily quests & other random shite

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    BfA was a hell of a lot worse with all the essences gated behind random nonsense. Coming back to the game in 8.3 after 15~ months away was such a mindscrewing experience that I'd likely have not stuck with it if not for the folks I've played with for all this time.

Doing a few hours of PvP each week with a mate for 220+ gear is a small price to pay IMO. At least unlike BfA it's asking you to do core group content, rather than doing daily quests & other random shite
    If I am a pve player, I shouldn't be basically forced into pvp just for gear because pve drop rates are fucking horrendous. It's absolute shit game design.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    If I am a pve player, I shouldn't be basically forced into pvp just for gear because pve drop rates are fucking horrendous. It's absolute shit game design.
    Tbf the same has been true for PvP players since day one. I'd rather be coerced into PvP with mates than into doing meaningless daily chores & shite like islands.

I don't like current design either FWIW. The amount of loot feels fine, but the way it's distributed (Great Vault) puts me off.