Thread: CN loot

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

CN loot

Hi,

First time poster but have been reading for years.

What is the problem with the drop rate of gear in CN? Cleared the raid twice with zero drops and each boss seems to drop 2 pieces regardless of the raid size?

This is very different from previous expansions and feels like a sneaky way to time gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukal View Post
    Hi,

What is the problem with the drop rate of gear in CN? Cleared the raid twice with zero drops and each boss seems to drop 2 pieces regardless of the raid size?

This is very different from previous expansions and feels like a sneaky way to time gate.
    Yes is a little more gated now; on the plus side it doesn't really matter once you stop caring. The real gate for most collectors is Anima; its a nightmare to unlock appearances/mounts/etc. But then you stop caring about that too and its just easy to unsub and play something that doesn't feel like it drags ass.

Pretty much stopped raiding, had the same experience as you, only got like 1 drop after 2 full clears. Raiding is just not fun enough for that, and m+ offers much better gameplay, at least for those who actually care enough to know what each pack of mobs do.

I think you should get your hc gear decently fast, and than use that gear to do enter mythic raiding or higher keystones. If none of that makes you happy you could always level another alt, that's also very popular

It's not really a problem. This is intended loot distribution by Blizzad, because people kept asking for loot to be more scarce and "meeeaningful" for 2 expansions, so Blizzard catered to them.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hi,

you didn't google it first? or read one of the numerous threads about the loot drops? also, it's not time gated. that is not what the definition of time gating is.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Pretty much stopped raiding, had the same experience as you, only got like 1 drop after 2 full clears. Raiding is just not fun enough for that, and m+ offers much better gameplay, at least for those who actually care enough to know what each pack of mobs do.

I think you should get your hc gear decently fast, and than use that gear to do enter mythic raiding or higher keystones. If none of that makes you happy you could always level another alt, that's also very popular
    Bro you think CN drop rate is bad? I have run HoA like 20 times and am waiting for the neck pendant to drop. M+ drop rate is FAR worse comparatively.

Hi,

They want players to gear up from the great vault rather than drops since they think players will stay subbed longer to not fall behind. A lot of their focus in recent years has been developing ways to time-gate the game to prop up sub numbers, rather than making the game more fun. They have also removed 30 day game time for blizz balance from some regions, presumably to encourage subscriptions.

I haven't raided for real since Cata, but I remember going weeks without a drop, let alone an upgrade. It would take me at least a good 3-4 months before I got fully geared -- and even then it wasn't uncommon for that ONE item to still not drop.

Now, the great vault guarantees a drop per week. Even if you got shit during the raid, you are guaranteed a drop.

What am I missing? Has the game just rained Epics since then, where people expect to be fully geared a month after the raid releases?

Quote Originally Posted by hayzlol View Post
    Bro you think CN drop rate is bad? I have run HoA like 20 times and am waiting for the neck pendant to drop. M+ drop rate is FAR worse comparatively.
    m+ also have horrible lootdrops, but it offers better gameplay for me compared to hc raid. This whole new loot system just reeks of weekly timegating loot, this alone makes SL similar or worse the BFA. The time metric argument is having a party this expansion

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I haven't raided for real since Cata, but I remember going weeks without a drop, let alone an upgrade. It would take me at least a good 3-4 months before I got fully geared -- and even then it wasn't uncommon for that ONE item to still not drop.

Now, the great vault guarantees a drop per week. Even if you got shit during the raid, you are guaranteed a drop.

What am I missing? Has the game just rained Epics since then, where people expect to be fully geared a month after the raid releases?
    Just because something was ok before it does not mean that it is ok now. Just because people like that in classic, it does not mean that retail players will like that. TF meta was way better than what we currently have

Yes people want to be fully geared 1 month after raid releases. In the last 3 days i have seen a video of preach telling the numbers of m+ when expansion was live and 4 weeks after and they show people leaving m+ with the same level of numbers found in BFA .... And in pvp the numbers of players growing really fast well because its easy to gear up via PvP with a vendor in Oribos selling pieces that are BiS for some classes. Put in your empty head that since Legion people want easy loot and its not a bunch of idiotic streamers saying to reduce loot drop rate that gonna Stop of that happening

and depending on spec, some of the loot in CN has shit secondaries

Quote Originally Posted by hayzlol View Post
    It's not far worse though.

Average items you can get from a CN raid boss is 3. Drop chance to get an item from a boss is 3/20, making it a 1/20 to get the item on average. But you have a weekly lockout, so that's gonna be quite shit.

For HoA, you have ~9 items to get depending on class/spec. You have a 2/5 chance to get loot hence 1/22.5 to get a specific loot, but repeatable.

So yes it is worse 1/22.5 vs 1/20. But not far worse. Clearing a raid is 30/20 chance, so 3 items per 2 weeks. That's not a lot. And for the average player they cannot kill 3 bosses in CN mythic, so from m+ you get a 226 items in your vault, while clearing heroic has a chance to get 220 item in your vault.

Also time commitment for mythic+ is way lower. It's like 30 mins per week to clear +14, while heroic raid will be anywhere from 2 hours to 6 hours if you end up pugging it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by manu123 View Post
    Yes people want to be fully geared 1 month after raid releases. In the last 3 days i have seen a video of preach telling the numbers of m+ when expansion was live and 4 weeks after and they show people leaving m+ with the same level of numbers found in BFA .... And in pvp the numbers of players growing really fast well because its easy to gear up via PvP with a vendor in Oribos selling pieces that are BiS for some classes. Put in your empty head that since Legion people want easy loot and its not a bunch of idiotic streamers saying to reduce loot drop rate that gonna Stop of that happening
    Them tuning down is because they want engagement to the game and removing TF/WF/Corruption makes finishing your gear really easy if we'd get same drop rates as before.

Where they fucked up was with PvP giving guaranteed and targetable loot at the same rate as fully clearing a raid(you do get BoEs from raid as extra though). And getting to 1800/2100 rating is far easier than fully clearing Mythic CN.

Yep, Legion and BfA, the last 2 expansions, absolutely showed the players in loot.
    That was 'ok' because of a mechanic called Titanforging (TF). Where an item had a change to drop as a higher ilvl then the reward would normally be.

So you would get showed in epics, most of them completely worthless but occasionally one of them got luck and proc'ed several times and a WQ would give you Mythic raid tier ilvl.

For Shadowlands Blizzard has removed TF because many didn't like it but as a result they reduced loot drops, because you not longer fishing for that TF proc.

And some people have trouble adjusting to that. They got used to being showered in stuff, even if most of it was useless.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    and depending on spec, some of the loot in CN has shit secondaries
    But sure, thats every first raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yep, Legion and BfA, the last 2 expansions, absolutely showed the players in loot.
    That was 'ok' because of a mechanic called Titanforging (TF). Where an item had a change to drop as a higher ilvl then the reward would normally be.

So you would get showed in epics, most of them completely worthless but occasionally one of them got luck and proc'ed several times and a WQ would give you Mythic raid tier ilvl.

For Shadowlands Blizzard has removed TF because many didn't like it but as a result they reduced loot drops, because you not longer fishing for that TF proc.

And some people have trouble adjusting to that. They got used to being showered in stuff, even if most of it was useless.
    Getting "showered" in stuff meant alts and newcomers could gear up to the current content level with relative ease if they got the chops for clearing the content. The gear was not "useless" for the start of each tier either but progressively became less useful for the high attendance player who presumably stayed around for the TF-fishing.

Legion had a much better system overall IMO. Newcomers now better enjoy PVP or they'll unsub as soon as they sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    It's not really a problem. This is intended loot distribution by Blizzad, because people kept asking for loot to be more scarce and "meeeaningful" for 2 expansions, so Blizzard catered to them.
    Yep. Result, full clear and all I get is a useless chest piece two weeks in a row. Sure feels rewarding to spend all that time raiding, I feel the loot is so meaningful as I vendor it for 90 gold, man what an emotional connection I formed to it.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I expect to get upgrades from the raid itself rather than the vault. Looting nothing in over 20 mythic kills with the only saving grace being "well you've got the vault!!!!" feels ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Getting "showered" in stuff meant alts and newcomers could gear up to the current content level with relative ease if they got the chops for clearing the content. The gear was not "useless" for the start of each tier either but progressively became less useful for the high attendance player who presumably stayed around for the TF-fishing.

Legion had a much better system overall IMO. Newcomers now better enjoy PVP or they'll unsub as soon as they sub.
    your getting a full set of 197 armor for less then 1k anima per piece.
    There is your way to quickly gear up alts and newcomers.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Drop rates are fine and the raids/dungeons have been scaled a bit to take into consideration the slower climb in ilvl.
    Really from about ilvl 195+ (WQs are 197 ilvl) you should be gaining at least 1 meaningful upgrade every week from the Vault, not to mention M+ and/or Raiding rewards. This will stop occurring if you aren't progressing in difficulty though. If you only raid Normal and do M+4-7 you are going to gear out after a week or so. It actually makes it kind of easy to tell what content people are doing, 195-205 is Normal raid and M+ into the near 10s. 205-215 is HC raiding and M+ into about 15, anything above that and they are likely getting into Mythic and/or a fair number of 15+ runs. But with the vault you are likely to get at least an upgrade weekly, if not a stat upgrade/side grade. Whatever you want to consider it.