Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    anima numbers are just so fucked. you get nothing and the little you do gets eaten up by missions and especially the healing of the followers. im nowhere close to any building upgrades. i the last building i spent anima on was a week after release because a quest told me to.

they better add some vendor to trade souls for anima and make the emissary quests reward anima

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post

Also, out of curiosity if you are close to 100 souls why not start spending them? That would alleviate a lot of the issues. I'm at 48 Souls alone and that's because I'm too lazy to farm Anima. Currently I have Tier 2 of Portals and Conductor unlocked. Tier 1 of Command Table and research Tier 2 of Kyrian's mini-game.
    I get a lot of what you're saying, as usual you make a lot of sense, but it does all boil down to a "feels bad" thing. Case in point, in response to the segment I quoted above... I'm sorry but when the income is 2-3 digits, spending 5 digits (meaning anima) in one go for something that isn't "a thing I'd actively farm for months for" feels like bad economics to me, when changes could still be coming that would make me regret that purchase. Like, a mount that is conceptually perfect for my character, I'd gladly spend months on that. But "your mission table goes faster"" or "you can teleport to 2 more places?" Nope.

It FEELS a lot like the thing that we're "meant to" spend anima on freely this quarter are the armor upgrades, as that's the default, guaranteed, deterministic PVE gearing path that altoholics like me lean on. Income is 2-3 digits, armor upgrades are 2-3 digits. 4 digits for tier 1-2 of the sanctum also feels reasonable, but 5 digits? No. Not for incremental changes to niche elements of the game. If the devs were to confirm that what we see now is all we'll ever use souls on, I'd "relax" here, but we've been told existing systems should expect expansion... and there's the looming speculation of what's to happen post 250 souls. Maybe we gradate from caring about souls, maybe it becomes an anima source. Either way I don't think it's too much to ask (and I have asked now) to know whether what we see is what we get.

The logical take is also to realize that if we can't possibly keep up with spending 20 souls a week, then a 20 soul per week income solves itself... but we're still banging against a cap and in a time and resource management game (which I partially play WoW as, being an altoholic even now), capping a currency as important as souls and not knowing the future of its usefulness feels anxious... to me, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Obviously, they balanced against the hardcore and very vocal minority
    Which fucking vocal minority?

No one was saying ANYTHING about anima gains, not at fucking all. There is no one to blame but Blizzard. No vocal minority, no nothing, just Blizzard doing this for no fucking reason completely out of the blue.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have no plans to buy upgrades or cosmetic stuff anyway. They just really wanted an ap like currency system but made but optional, thus pointless

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    anima numbers are just so fucked. you get nothing and the little you do gets eaten up by missions and especially the healing of the followers. im nowhere close to any building upgrades. i the last building i spent anima on was a week after release because a quest told me to.

they better add some vendor to trade souls for anima and make the emissary quests reward anima
    You are not supposed to be healing followers for anima. If you really want to do that, then yes, you will burn all anima that way.

Otherwise, if you're just doing weeklies, and daily anima wqs, you will finish the week with like 5000anima gain.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    You are not supposed to be healing followers for anima.
    Agreed that this is SUCH a trap door in the game right now. Seperate rant altogether, but SO BAD!

Lol, people still heal companions? No wonder you don't have any anima. Heads up - you should never, ever, under any circumstance, click that heal button.

Also, you can get over 1k anima per day pretty easily. No matter what you do, you will never come close to spending all of that on missions every day, as long as you don't stupidly waste it on healing companions.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Yeah basically the anima vendor/upgrades/collectibles are supposed to last us the whole expansion, but the player mentality, and mine as well to an extent, is that we want to "finish a patch" and get everything available because in 9.1 there will probably be more, and even if not, we just want to be done.

I am getting about 5k anima per week just doing WQs, raid and some other minor things. I'll defo finish everything in a couple months anyway. I don't think anima increase is needed, but it might feel good.
    Yeah I agree with you. As I illustrated in my post, from a developer stand point anima is at a good spot for what their goals are. From a player standpoint we want it now and I am definitely in that boat. As you mentioned, based on previous trends we have a pretty good idea they will add more so we want to lessen the gap of what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I get a lot of what you're saying, as usual you make a lot of sense, but it does all boil down to a "feels bad" thing. Case in point, in response to the segment I quoted above... I'm sorry but when the income is 2-3 digits, spending 5 digits (meaning anima) in one go for something that isn't "a thing I'd actively farm for months for" feels like bad economics to me, when changes could still be coming that would make me regret that purchase. Like, a mount that is conceptually perfect for my character, I'd gladly spend months on that. But "your mission table goes faster"" or "you can teleport to 2 more places?" Nope.
    Oh yeah I don't disagree at all. Anima is one of those weird things where developers have a clear idea and goal of what it needs to be. As a player we have a different idea as we want it now and finish it. So for us it definitely feels bad.

Some of the Reservoir stuff is, in my opinion, skippable. Like the "Heal faster" tier to me feels worthless. Either I send them out enough to where they level or don't need need them for a mission that it makes it worthless. The mission reduction would be nice, but not worth much as well. The teleporter I unlocked Tier 2 because I hate navigating some of the zones, but Tier 3 to me doesn't seem worth it for now. I rarely go to Oribos so that might be why.

It FEELS a lot like the thing that we're "meant to" spend anima on freely this quarter are the armor upgrades, as that's the default, guaranteed, deterministic PVE gearing path that altoholics like me lean on.
    Yeah, all I am using my anima on currently is researching a few things on the reservoir, upgrading some of the campaign gear. After that it'll be used to purchase the Renown set next. Everything else seems so minor for what we are getting now that I'm prioritizing it a lot lower.

If the devs were to confirm that what we see now is all we'll ever use souls on, I'd "relax" here, but we've been told existing systems should expect expansion... and there's the looming speculation of what's to happen post 250 souls. Maybe we gradate from caring about souls, maybe it becomes an anima source. Either way I don't think it's too much to ask (and I have asked now) to know whether what we see is what we get.
    I get what you are saying in that the uneasiness is coming from "we don't know what to expect from souls". With the way they are implemented now I don't see how they can be of much use. I could see later on them letting you convert them for 5-10 anima a soul, perhaps some armor upgrade for our companions or maybe add items to a vendor that you can purchase cosmetically.

The logical take is also to realize that if we can't possibly keep up with spending 20 souls a week, then a 20 soul per week income solves itself... but we're still banging against a cap and in a time and resource management game (which I partially play WoW as, being an altoholic even now), capping a currency as important as souls and not knowing the future of its usefulness feels anxious... to me, anyway.
    What I've done, and won't work for everyone, is stopped looking at Anima / Souls for the most part. I go out and collect them each week and I have a list of what I want to unlock. In due time I'll get the rest but I have set goals which eases my mind some. I imagine when 9.1 rolls around I'll be capped on Souls, anima who knows.

Mainly because I have a pretty good feeling Blizzard will increase the anima amounts in the future since in say 9.1 / 9.2 they don't want to put returning people at a major disadvantage on anima gains. It's like how they did it with Artifact Power and Azerite Power and even Apexis Crystals to an extent. We'll eventually be swimming in the stuff that I'm trying not to stress myself out over it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Not to mention that it will take up a full 2 bars of Jailer threat - Combined with the various weeklys and dailies, and it quickly becomes inconvenient.
    2 bars once a week, you do know you dont need to do all the weeklies day 1, and you dont need to do all the dailies every day.
    you just need to fill that bar to be efficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Agreed that this is SUCH a trap door in the game right now. Seperate rant altogether, but SO BAD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Lol, people still heal companions? No wonder you don't have any anima. Heads up - you should never, ever, under any circumstance, click that heal button.

Also, you can get over 1k anima per day pretty easily. No matter what you do, you will never come close to spending all of that on missions every day, as long as you don't stupidly waste it on healing companions.
    [Not that I am saying you two fit this, but the topic of it] Oh yeah that heal companions button is basically the biggest trap there is. Granted it might be nice one we are almost capping anima, but right now people should essentially ignore it. Honestly, I feel anyone who has been using that button a lot. Healing one follower essentially drains most of your gained anima for that day =/

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    To balance something against something is the opposite of what you assumed. The vocal minority is fine. They have enough anima because they are hardcore.

It is a waste. A weekly gives Renown. So every time you get Renown from that quest you lose souls if you are at the cap.
    Not to mention that it is always a waste when you get something and then it gets taken away. Like a tax.
    renown is barely anything at this point. For a bunch of specs the later soulbinds don't even do anything.

If I was capped on souls I would simply stop doing the quest and be 1 renown behind every week because catchup will give the missing one to you the next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Never heal. ever
    Just send them on a mission that you can't possibly win anyway for the passive xp gain and they will heal to full when they level up
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2021-01-31 at 09:20 PM.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I love that they decided,for whatever reason,to make anima dropping in low quanities meanwhile you could cap your weapons back in legion and gather a lot of power for your neck in BfA easy......... but the currency for pets.toys and mogs for some reason is low as fuck......................
    Blizz never stops to amaze me ! we are talking about a currency that doesnt provide anything into player power >.> yet we are starve for it (and dont give me the whole lorewise crap)

15+ Year Old Account
    The bottleneck is souls and not anima. If you have been upgrading something every week you are currently waiting on souls and not anima. I have 15k anima right now but not enough souls to buy my next 10k anima upgrade. It may seem like Anima is the gate but that is only if you are not putting a priority on gaining anima each day.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

As a super casual this anima drought is brutal. I am hoping for an influx of more anima so I can get mogs and other stuff.

How can I get more Grateful Offerings?

I'd be happy if they just tripled the amount of anima you get from content like dungeons/raids/pvp. Other than the annoying Venari stuff, there's no way I'm touching WQ in this expansion. What a huge waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The bottleneck is souls and not anima. If you have been upgrading something every week you are currently waiting on souls and not anima. I have 15k anima right now but not enough souls to buy my next 10k anima upgrade. It may seem like Anima is the gate but that is only if you are not putting a priority on gaining anima each day.
    only if your constantly doing anima wq's.
    Some people don't want to do wq's every day, in that case your waiting on anima. Not souls.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    I love that they decided,for whatever reason,to make anima dropping in low quanities meanwhile you could cap your weapons back in legion and gather a lot of power for your neck in BfA easy......... but the currency for pets.toys and mogs for some reason is low as fuck......................
    You must not have played at the beginning of both expansions, huh? Early legion weapon grind was some of the worst thing in the past 10 years, especially for people who played more than one spec, since all your AP went into only one weapon/spec, and you needed to farm all over again for the other ones. Plus the artifact knowledge was improving veeery slowly at the beginning, so...yeah. Early neck in BfA wasn't much better too, only improved by the fact that you didn't need to farm it all over again for different specs.
    Last edited by Dziubla; 2021-01-31 at 09:30 PM. Reason: word

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    I'd be happy if they just tripled the amount of anima you get from content like dungeons/raids/pvp. Other than the annoying Venari stuff, there's no way I'm touching WQ in this expansion. What a huge waste of time
    If you do WQs you get anima, but then you say it's waste of time? So why do you want anima if it's waste of time?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Huh, other way around for me. I'm waiting for souls each week while sitting at nearly 30k anima now. We've been able to have gotten pretty close to a total of 100k anima so far, I don't understand what you're all spending it on.
    I'm in the same boat but diligently hunting down every bit of anima from wqs, dailies and some rares, every day for months, then not spend any on cosmetics.. it's not exactly common.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    If you do WQs you get anima, but then you say it's waste of time? So why do you want anima if it's waste of time?
    Because there's a lot of real content to do in the game already rather than tedious chores. I never said to nerf WQ rewards - if people enjoy that content, knock yourself out.

For everyone else, being able to buy the transmog and stuff eventually would be nice. I don't know why they feel the need to make it a months-long grind just to get stuff that would have been free in any other expansion.