Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    I love that they decided,for whatever reason,to make anima dropping in low quanities meanwhile you could cap your weapons back in legion and gather a lot of power for your neck in BfA easy......... but the currency for pets.toys and mogs for some reason is low as fuck......................
    Blizz never stops to amaze me ! we are talking about a currency that doesnt provide anything into player power >.> yet we are starve for it (and dont give me the whole lorewise crap)
    because logging on and suddenly having everything added to your inventory is... fun?
    Idk about you but i like being able to show off the stuff i afforded.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    While i agree anima-gain is really low (Sure, it fits the lore, but with sanctum upgrad costs, it’s not much fun), but what’s the big deal if we lose some souls to the soul cap?

The main bottleneck for sanctum stuff is anima, anybody who does the weekly soul-quest for renown (Which is pretty much everybody) will have more than enough souls anyway.
    Have you noticed that sanctum upgrades are 101% useless? I still have all them at level 1. I will do the upgrades sooner or later because I already do not know what do do with the 2K anima I have, but their cost has no reason to be given the poor rewards building upgrades give. I don’t even know how many souls I have but honestly unless they can be used to buy 210+ gear I really don’t mind.

Covenants have surely some interesting mechanics but buildings are 100% disappointing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The issue here is balance, the two halves of the equation are off ... that's just the facts.
    Increase souls still makes the equation off. Increasing Anima still makes the equation off. The equation isn't really that far out of balance. A little effort keeps you on pace with the Anima required when you can gain enough souls. This talk of balance is dumb because it never will be balanced. And you are using it wrong anyways because using your definitions it can only be balanced if you can gain enough anima in 20 mins a week.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    because logging on and suddenly having everything added to your inventory is... fun?
    Idk about you but i like being able to show off the stuff i afforded.
    Why not? It’s only “side stuff” and anima is not difficult to get, it’s only a boring grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Calimon-ZJ View Post
    They don't have any tie in to character power. Lot's of cosmetics have been time gated in the past. Reputation grinds for example.

You can upgrade your covenant gear using anima to iLvl 197. So if you don't M+, Raid, or PVP there is a tie-in to character power. Helps if you can't get that one piece to drop for the raider or M+ guy too.

The way though we can spend anima seems weird with the story. If Anderweld is needing to kill off seed pods so they have enough for some to still survive why are they letting me buy things that I do not really need? Hey, adventurer! Here is your purple armor! Too bad, we had to kill off Grove XYZ.

Shouldn't there be an influx of anima now that we've killed off the Revendeth syphon that was stealing it from everywhere else?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Then they nerfed it
    No. They just changed it to gaining from doing world content. Something a large part of Shadowlands encourages and favors. Chest, WQ, Convenant upgrades, dailies, items that give you a buff for world content etc. Could instances offer more? Sure. But saying that it can only be balanced when you can spam instanced content to farm it is silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I don't know, a good start might be to actually reward some decent anima based on the difficulty you kill a raid boss. Like why on earth can you only get anima once per boss and week, irrespective of the difficulty? Why do you get 35 anima from completing a +17 key in time? The list is long.
    Why do you need anima from a raid or Mythic+? This isn't Azerite or Artifact power that is tied to your characters power. Could instances offer more? Sure but it certainly isn't needed.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Huh, other way around for me. I'm waiting for souls each week while sitting at nearly 30k anima now. We've been able to have gotten pretty close to a total of 100k anima so far, I don't understand what you're all spending it on.
    are you doing anima world quests? because f that tbh.... bfa was too much...

Doing ALL the world quests every day still leaves you out of balance - that's the entire point you are missing.

You get 20 souls in 20 minutes (that's enough for a rank 3 upgrade)
    You get 2000 anima in an hour (that's 20% of what is needed for a rank 3 upgrade).

The issue here is balance, the two halves of the equation are off ... that's just the facts.

Of course - how you want to fix it (rarer souls, easier anima) that's a personal opinion.
    Except by your own equation it is balance. In fact, your equation shows it is more skewed towards anima excess.

You get 20 souls in 20 minutes and that's it for 7 days. Resulting in 20 souls for the week
    You get 2000 anima in a hour x 7 days. Resulting in 14,000 anima for the week. Which would be shy 1,000 of a Tier 3 upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Anima income is absolutely undertuned. I suspect they just don't want players to finish their upgrades/purchases before the .1 patch and tuned down anima to prevent it rather than doing something a bit smarter. Makes it feel pretty shitty, and may backfire as many players (such as myself) will just say screw it and ignore anima upgrades entirely.
    This is pretty much what I've done. I have no interest in farming anima for covenant upgrades. I get JUST enough to take care of my weekly, and that's it as far as focused farming.

a good solution could be to give 1k anima for daily emissary

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Huh, other way around for me. I'm waiting for souls each week while sitting at nearly 30k anima now. We've been able to have gotten pretty close to a total of 100k anima so far, I don't understand what you're all spending it on.
    Dont tell mi u are using Dreamweaver or whatever his name is.

I'm spending probably 2-3k anima only for healing companions for high-rank table missions.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why do you need anima from a raid or Mythic+? This isn't Azerite or Artifact power that is tied to your characters power. Could instances offer more? Sure but it certainly isn't needed.
    I'm not sure why you are so desperate to bore people to tears with uninspired, shallow and non-challenging content? The stuff is part of the covenants, and usually the idea to reward people over time to unlock them, hence why they drop anima in the first place. It's good that there is an alternative, but why does the alternative to be the main source? The issue is entirely that the reward is extremely disproportional to the effort. Not to mention it makes way more sense to look a bunch of anima from Denathrius, the guy that hoardes it, instead of getting it for showing the Kyrians how good I'm at pressing one button.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by locketto View Post
    I'm spending probably 2-3k anima only for healing companions for high-rank table missions.
    That's probably your issue. You're wasting enormous amounts of anima on healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Except by your own equation it is balance. In fact, your equation shows it is more skewed towards anima excess.
    I think you may be reading the equations wrong then... they are immensely out of balance.

You get a level 3 ability upgrade in 20 minutes - souls
    You get a level 3 ability upgrade in 10 hours - anima.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

You get 20 souls in 20 minutes and that's it for 7 days. Resulting in 20 souls for the week
    You get 2000 anima in a hour x 7 days. Resulting in 14,000 anima for the week. Which would be shy 1,000 of a Tier 3 upgrade.
    except that 2k is unlikely even on the reset day with everything up unless you do organised PvP (RBG/Arena) and is certainly impossible beyond that 1 day a week with all the weekly quests.

More realistic number is 1k a day
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I think you may be reading the equations wrong then... they are immensely out of balance.

No, you're reading wrong. You need a week to collect the souls. The 20 minutes are just the time spent travelling and collecting them, not the total time required to obtain them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm not sure why you are so desperate to bore people to tears with uninspired, shallow and non-challenging content?
    Why are you making this personal? The world content is not uninspired or shallow. At least not anymore then the rest of the game is. Is it non-challenging? Sure but why would world content need to be challenging in the first place. Who really wants World content that requires the same level of skill, gear, and tactics as +15 or Mythic Raids? The rewards you get for building upgrades offers more world content.

Why are you so desperate for rewards that you hate so much?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, you're reading wrong. You need a week to collect the souls. The 20 minutes are just the time spent travelling and collecting them, not the total time required to obtain them.
    yes its during a week but the time spend during that week on doing the thing is the problem.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

If you look at it in terms of hours maybe, but if you look at it in terms of weekly "cap" then they would be balanced. The amount of souls you get weekly for a tier 3 would be on par with a tier 3 as well. The only difference is one takes a bit more time to far. If you made it so you could farm 20 souls in 20 minutes and enough anima for a tier 3 in 20 minutes then we'd be swimming in anima after the first two weeks.

If they lowered the amount of anima you got then they would just lower the amount of souls you got so it's balanced for maximum efficiency for the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    except that 2k is unlikely even on the reset day with everything up unless you do organised PvP (RBG/Arena) and is certainly impossible beyond that 1 day a week with all the weekly quests.

More realistic number is 1k a day
    Yeah 1,000 per day is what I usually use when figuring it up and that's just doing the WQ only and not factoring in other activities. Even then doing all the WQ's don't take long as I think it usually takes 20-30 minutes depends on how scattered they are. The only thing is I spend more time traveling realm to realm than doing all the WQ's in that zone.

15+ Year Old Account
    A rank 3 upgrade is 22k souls. So you get that in 40 mins spread over two weeks. So in two weeks time you will have enough Anima and Souls to buy that rank 3 upgrade. The anima is just spread over multiple days of that two week period.

If you increase anima to get a rank 3 in 20 mins of work then we will hit the Anima cap and be waiting on souls just like we are now. The only difference is if you play the content each day you'll be at the Anima cap (35k) in no time.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-01-31 at 11:41 PM.

If you look at it in terms of hours maybe, but if you look at it in terms of weekly "cap" then they would be balanced.
    Ah, I see the confusion - you are addressing the time gating issue, which is a separate issue to the balance issue.

Time gating is somewhat irrelevant to most people re: Anima, the average person isn't going to spend 2 hours a day on collecting anima - meaning most people are going to be soul capped well before they have enough anima to spend it with.

Put it another way - the minimum people will do is 20 souls and 1000 anima a week (renown quests), the minimum and maximum on souls is the same. Not so for anima.

This of course isn't an issue for the cosmetics/mounts/pets - as they don't involve souls.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2021-01-31 at 11:45 PM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.