Macro for boomkin dots?

Currently i am using moonfire and sunfire, but in the future im gonna add stellar flare.

Now my question is, is there a macro or could i build i macro to put al my dots on 1 button? Like tapping 1 button 3 times just to put all my dots on a target instead of needing to press 3 buttons.

Any help is very welcome

10+ Year Old Account
    You want a cast sequence macro. I don't have one for that, but check this for how to build a cast sequence macro.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/MACRO_castsequence

Why tf do you want to do that?? lol Moonkin dots is always situational, the only reason i can think of why you wanna use that is for mindlessly pulling stuff for farming. Use cast sequence macro, but you dont really want to include stellar flare in that
    Last edited by Yizu; 2021-01-31 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranis View Post
    Currently i am using moonfire and sunfire, but in the future im gonna add stellar flare.

Now my question is, is there a macro or could i build i macro to put al my dots on 1 button? Like tapping 1 button 3 times just to put all my dots on a target instead of needing to press 3 buttons.

Any help is very welcome
    This is a really horrible idea as all dots have different timers and you only want to refresh in the pandemic window which is different for each. Additionally, dot damage is pretty minor already so you'd just be making that even worse. Bottom line, don't do this, it's 2 or 3 buttons.

Signature Created by Jassinta

I'm all for playing how you want to play like picking off-meta talents, legendaries or even stat weights but this is just not a good idea for any moonkin.

If you're just casual don't raid or push keys cast sequence is what you are looking for, but if you're looking to progress i highly advise against it, on large scale pulls sun fire and moon fire will need to be accessed on demand and going through the sequence to find them would be a horrific waste of a global

There are going to be times when you just want to Sunfire a cluster of mobs for some quick AoE. There are going to be times when you just want to throw out a couple of supplemental Moonfires. There will be times when you ignore Stellar Flare all together. Even on a pure single target patchwerk fight, all three DoTs have different durations, so if you just start spamming your cast sequence macro for all three DoTs when one is about to fall off, you'll clip your DoTs early and lose DPS by missing out on the opportunity to cast your nukes. If you wait until all of your DoTs have fallen off, you'll be losing uptime, and thus also losing DPS. If you do not want to manually manage your DoTs, you may want to consider trying a different class.

Bad idea.

Sunfire is made to be cast once on a clump of targets, moonfire needs to be tab targeted until all enemies are dotted. Both dots don't have the same duration so you don't refresh them at the same time either.

If you need a macro to help you cast stellar flare then you'd be better off just not taking the talent at all.

If you really just want to have them on one button, then I'd suggest making a macro that utilises the modifier keys... so if you for example hold shift you will cast Sunfire instead of Moonfire, but that's about it. Don't go for a castsequence or similar things, because all your dots have different usecases and timers.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [reset=10] Moonfire, Sunfire, Stellar Flare

Moonfire has the longest duration so I put it first, Sunfire hits everything so it can go in the middle. Stellar Flare has a cast time so I tuck that at the end, but you can move them around to your heart's content.

The reset condition makes it revert to the first item in the list after 10 seconds so you don't get stuck in the middle between pulls, or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    If you really just want to have them on one button, then I'd suggest making a macro that utilises the modifier keys... so if you for example hold shift you will cast Sunfire instead of Moonfire, but that's about it. Don't go for a castsequence or similar things, because all your dots have different usecases and timers.
    How does this work?

I was mostly using this for questing now. But seeing as everyone agrees i should not use that, ill try to use them without a sequence macro

Quote Originally Posted by Aranis View Post
    How does this work?

I was mostly using this for questing now. But seeing as everyone agrees i should not use that, ill try to use them without a sequence macro
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Sunfire;[mod: alt] Moonfire;Stellar Fire

... for example. This would cast sunfire if you're holding the control key, moonfire if alt and else Stellar Fire. I am using something similar, but only with Sunfire and Moonfire. This works really well for me, because I have a mouse with 2 extra buttons which are bound to modifier keys (ctrl and alt), so if I just press a button it will cast Moonfire, but if I hold one of the modifier keys then it casts Sunfire. The macro in my case looks like this:

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Sunfire;Moonfire

If you write [mod] without any extras, then it assumes that you've pressed any modifier key (shift, ctrl, alt)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Sunfire;[mod: alt] Moonfire;Stellar Fire

... for example. This would cast sunfire if you're holding the control key, moonfire if alt and else Stellar Fire. I am using something similar, but only with Sunfire and Moonfire. This works really well for me, because I have a mouse with 2 extra buttons which are bound to modifier keys (ctrl and alt), so if I just press a button it will cast Moonfire, but if I hold one of the modifier keys then it casts Sunfire. The macro in my case looks like this:

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Sunfire;Moonfire

If you write [mod] without any extras, then it assumes that you've pressed any modifier key (shift, ctrl, alt)
    Oke thank you, will look into this ������

I would suggest not using this. Sunfire and Moonfire have a different duration and stellar flare a cast time. Sunfire is also AoE and Moonfire ST.

Moonfire is also used pretty situationally whilst sunfire is always a priority cast. Moonfire isn't worth casting in quite a lot of AoE situations.

Macro'ing these together is generally a terrible idea.